Quantcast How can I activate the backlit on my laptop dell latitude E5530.

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default How can I activate the backlit on my laptop dell latitude E5530.

Hi. Can someone walk me through how I can turn on the keyboard backlit light. Was part of my build. Tried Fn + right arrow and cntl + right arrow, but no change. I have win 8. thanks. TC.

Default Odp: How can I activate the backlit on my laptop dell latitude E5530.

Install the menagement software. It can be found on dells drivers site.

Bremenpl

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: How can I activate the backlit on my laptop dell latitude E5530.

Bremenpl.

Went to dell driver site as u stated. Didn't find anything called software management.
    Found system management, where there were two intel fixes (for me) relating to graphics & touchpad.
    Can u specify what driver I need from dell to fix my backlit problem.

Thanks.
    TC.

Sacred Blame

Default Re: How can I activate the backlit on my laptop dell latitude E5530.

If the keyboard is like that of the M6700, it should be Fn + right arrow and that's it (backlight turns off pretty quick when you stop using it though, but no driver required). Do you have the icon for the backlight on the right arrow? If it's not there, it's possible that they shipped with the non backlit keyboard.
    Current: Precision M6700¦3720qm¦2x240GB SSD + 256GB mSATA¦32GB DDR3 1600MHz¦Firepro M6000
    Previous: Asus G73Jh-A2¦920xm¦160GB G3 + 7K750¦Chastity vBios¦ICD7 + 0.5mm pads¦Intel 6300
    Secondary: Elitebook 2760p¦2410m¦250GB SSD¦8 GB DDR3¦HD 3000

Default Odp: How can I activate the backlit on my laptop dell latitude E5530.

Actually hes right it shuld work without the driver. The driver only gives you the on screen look of backlit level etc.
    Maybe you have no backlit?

Bremenpl