Quantcast Dissapearing Battery Charge (E6400)

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Dissapearing Battery Charge (E6400)

This seems to happen fairly often. Yesterday I had my computer on standby and plugged into the mains for several hours in the afternoon. I turned it on, shut it down (without looking at the battery status) and went somewhere and when I turned it back on the charge was at 6%.

Today I was using the laptop and the charge was at 70%, I shut the computer down and put it in my bag. Turned it on again in a couple of hours and the battery again is at 6%.

Anyone else have this issue with their E6400 or have any idea what's causing it...
    E6400 - P9500/4GB RAM/NVS 160M/250GB 7200rpm/WXGA+ LED

Moderately inquisitive

Default Re: Dissapearing Battery Charge (E6400)

6 cell or 9 cell battery?

Occasionally my E6400 has mis-reported the charge status of the 9 cell battery and tells me that it is almost empty. However, I have satisfied myself that it is a communication problem by running the computer for some hours on the battery. A couple of restarts later and everything is OK again. What make is your battery. RMClock identifies my 9 cell as Panasonic.

John

Notebook Enthusiast

It's the 9 cell battery I have. I tried installing the RMClock utility but Windows doesn't allow unsigned drivers. Any other way to check it without disabling the Windows 7 check?

I've turned the laptop on again and it reports an 88% charge. From 6% to 88% in about 3 minutes worth of charging...

E6400 - P9500/4GB RAM/NVS 160M/250GB 7200rpm/WXGA+ LED

Moderately inquisitive

There's a signed RTcore.sys driver available. See near the end of the undervolting guide.

John