Quantcast Dell Latitude Z series - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dell Latitude Z series

Ok, you guys are begging for pictures, so here they are.... i have one and it is a beauty....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dell Z600-1.JPG   Dell Z600-2.JPG   Dell Z600-3.JPG   Dell Z600-4.JPG   Dell Z600-5.JPG  

Nowhere - Everywhere

Looks impressive, to say the least.
    Specs?
    Serge
    Follow me in Twitter @sergesc
    Sony VAIO Pro 13 - Core i5-4200U, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 13.3" FHD IPS display.

Notebook Evangelist

Wow. WoW. WOW.
    Really nice. That 2 tone color scheme certainly looks interesting (I'm not sure how I feel about it). Dare I say that that looks even thinner than the Adamo? Which I didn't even think was possible...

That angled chin is interesting, but looks less clean than the Adamo's. The angles seem like they should be covered in leather (a la SXPS series). But it is an innovative way to stuff all of those ports in there.

Also glad to see it has Latitude ON. Hopefully a version that can actually do something.
    What's that I see? A Vista Basic sticker? Tsk tsk Dell. That's not cool. Unless you happen to start this at CHEAP, that's not gonna fly.

Dell Z Series,
    Care to provide some specs for the machine to go with those pics? Thanks a lot for those by the way. Rep for you!
    Dell Latitude E6400: Intel Core 2 Extreme X9100 3.06GHz, Nvidia Quadro 160M, 4GB DDR2, 160GB @ 7200RPM, WXGA+ LED, Backlit KB, 9Cell
    Dell Inspiron 5150: Intel Pentium 4 Mobile HT 3.2GHz, Nvidia Geforce FX Go 5200, 1GB DDR, 60GB @ 7200RPM, SXGA+ CCFL

Latitude E6400 Cooling+Performance Guide

-

No pointing stick or dual mouse buttons. Darn, I had hope for this laptop. Looks like it'll be the thinnest and lightest 16" on the market though. Thanks for the pictures Mister Latitude Z.

Web Designer & Developer

hmm..semi-chic let keyboard? The two tone thing reminds me of the older Inspirons as well..not the best design choice.
    Eric Huang is a Freelance Web Designer and Developer
    http://erichuangis.com

Notebook Consultant

Nice. Thats seriously thin. Now I'm hoping that it'll come with a smaller screen, something like a 13.3" 1440x900 screen.
    XPS M1330/Latitude D630/Latitude XT/Latitude D420

NvGPUPro

I hate the design...
    A full keyboard could have been used.
    Other than being slim, specs found here:
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/15/d...p-in-pictures/
    With a release date later this week, sound not interesting at all.

Also I see Vista Basic sticker on the machine, so I assume it can't handle Aero. And uses the old Centrino 1 platform.
    If it was a Centrino2, Geforce 9600M, wider keyboard, smaller (lets' say 13-14inch), THEN that would be a laptop worth of the "Z" title.
    My projects:Nv GPU Tweak Tool - The best tweak tool for Nvidia GPU's..

Dell Lat. E6400: Quadro NVS 160M / 4GB / P8400 / 1440x900 / DVD Burner / 9-cell bat. / Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

Waiting on Intel Skylake

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBytes View Post
    I hate the design...
    A full keyboard could have been used.
    Other than being slim, specs found here:
    With a release date later this week, sound not interesting at all.

Also I see Vista Basic sticker on the machine, so I assume it can't handle Aero. And uses the old Centrino 1 platform.
    If it was a Centrino2, Geforce 9600M, wider keyboard, smaller (lets' say 13-14inch), THEN that would be a laptop worth of the "Z" title.
    The engadget page links back to this thread. This computer is proof Dell must have a HUGE overstock of old parts.

Nowhere - Everywhere

With nary another word in terms of specs or details, one lucky forum goer at NotebookReview has posted what looks to be pics of a new, as of yet unannounced Dell Latitude Z Series laptop. Not much to say at the moment, aside from the obvious Adamo influence, but we did spot a biometric fingerprint scanner, an oddly-placed ethernet port in the back, and Windows / Intel Centrino stickers. Earlier in the thread another person, albeit lacking any physical proof of owning one, chimed in to say it'd have a 15-inch matte screen, Core 2 Duo processor, webcam with facial recognition, and DisplayPort, with a scheduled release a week from today. Judging by the ports in the pics, it's definitely a thin one -- could we be seeing Dell finally dip its toes into the CULV market? With any luck, we'll be hearing more about this soon.
    I cant seem to find any specs on the link provided.

Any luck peeps?
    Serge
    Follow me in Twitter @sergesc
    Sony VAIO Pro 13 - Core i5-4200U, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 13.3" FHD IPS display.

NvGPUPro

Quote Originally Posted by serg89 View Post
    I cant seem to find any specs on the link provided.

Any luck peeps?
    Picture of the machine you see 2 labels, Centrino1 and Vista basic. This suggests: old Intel chipset and old GMA. My guess is a old board with a BIOS update for the new Core2 Duo's... if it will have such a thing. Icon size on screen (15inch) suggests 1280x800.
    You might say, it can't be an old GPU because it has display port. Display port and can achieved with a converter soldered on the motherboard. All you need is DVI+SPDIF (audio).
    Looking at the top laptop button you can see "Latitude ON" features... which I lost track if it was released or not on the E4300/E4200 series.
    The text on the keyboard is really white, which suggest no backlit keyboard.
    The laptop is as thick (or really close) as an sli line optical drive found on the Lat. E series.
    My projects:Nv GPU Tweak Tool - The best tweak tool for Nvidia GPU's..

Dell Lat. E6400: Quadro NVS 160M / 4GB / P8400 / 1440x900 / DVD Burner / 9-cell bat. / Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast