Quantcast How to disable trackpoint

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    18

    Default How to disable trackpoint

    Hey,

    I recently gave my E6500 to a family friend who lives a bit farther away. He wondering how to disable the trackpoint on the keyboard. His technical level is noob, so can anyone please provide a step-by-step procedure?

    Greatly appreciated.
    Current laptop: Sony VAIO Z690 carbon fiber

    Previous laptops: Latitude E4200, Latitude XT, XPS M1330, M1210

  2. #2
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: How to disable trackpoint

    in the dell touchpad driver there is an option to disable the touchpad/trackpoint when an external mouse is connected

  3. #3
    can i haz haswell?
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    7,968
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: How to disable trackpoint

    Start > Settings > Control Panel > Mouse > Dell Touchpad > Device Select > Pointing Stick > Disable.
    n o n s e n s e - w a r s . c o m

    Intel NUC DC5327HYE Akasa Newton V/i5-3427U/8GB/HD 4000/830 128GB/7 Pro
    ThinkPad Yoga i5-4300U/4GB/HD 4400/FHD/Digitizer/Pro 1500 180GB/8.1 Pro

    D830 Review/CPU Compatibility/GPU Reflow

  4. #4
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: How to disable trackpoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wolf View Post
    Start > Settings > Control Panel > Mouse > Dell Touchpad > Device Select > Pointing Stick > Disable.
    Thank you very much.
    Current laptop: Sony VAIO Z690 carbon fiber

    Previous laptops: Latitude E4200, Latitude XT, XPS M1330, M1210

  5. #5
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: How to disable trackpoint

    Quote Originally Posted by TZuki View Post
    in the dell touchpad driver there is an option to disable the touchpad/trackpoint when an external mouse is connected
    Thank you very little.
    Current laptop: Sony VAIO Z690 carbon fiber

    Previous laptops: Latitude E4200, Latitude XT, XPS M1330, M1210

  6. #6
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: How to disable trackpoint

    nice attitude...

  7. #7
    Notebook Consultant
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: How to disable trackpoint

    This has been nagging at me too. Frequently when I'm typing I will touch the pointer and it moves the cursor somewhere else in my document, where the next letters I type start appearing. I use the pointer a little but not much, so I decided I would just disable it. Funny thing is that with my old Inspiron 8600 I almost never touched the pointer. Maybe the difference is that the top of the pointer on the 8600 is rounded but the top of the pointer of the E6500 is square, so your fingers don't have to be so far off base to touch it.

  8. #8
    can i haz haswell?
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    7,968
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: How to disable trackpoint

    Quote Originally Posted by bjcadstuff View Post
    This has been nagging at me too. Frequently when I'm typing I will touch the pointer and it moves the cursor somewhere else in my document, where the next letters I type start appearing. I use the pointer a little but not much, so I decided I would just disable it. Funny thing is that with my old Inspiron 8600 I almost never touched the pointer. Maybe the difference is that the top of the pointer on the 8600 is rounded but the top of the pointer of the E6500 is square, so your fingers don't have to be so far off base to touch it.
    The pointer cap on your Inspiron 8600 may fit on your E6500. Try it if it's worth anything to you.
    n o n s e n s e - w a r s . c o m

    Intel NUC DC5327HYE Akasa Newton V/i5-3427U/8GB/HD 4000/830 128GB/7 Pro
    ThinkPad Yoga i5-4300U/4GB/HD 4400/FHD/Digitizer/Pro 1500 180GB/8.1 Pro

    D830 Review/CPU Compatibility/GPU Reflow

  9. #9
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    346
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: How to disable trackpoint

    Blasphemy! If anything you should be disabling the touchpad :P Ah well, each his own I suppose.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X200
    P8400, 3GB DDR3, 160GB, Intel X4500, Wifi Link 5300

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1