Quantcast Dell Latitude E6400 Keyboard

Closed Thread

Default Dell Latitude E6400 Keyboard

I received my Dell E6400 yesterday and need to take screenshots because I am writing training manuals. My problem is that with my Dell D260 I could press keys on my keyboard ALT PrntScrn and capture the active screen. With the E6400 there is only one option to capture screens and that is the Fn key with the F11 which is the PrntScreen button. But this option takes the full screen capture. Is there anybody who could please help me.

Custom User Title

Default Re: Dell Latitude E6400 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Sarie Minnaar View Post
    I received my Dell E6400 yesterday and need to take screenshots because I am writing training manuals. My problem is that with my Dell D260 I could press keys on my keyboard ALT PrntScrn and capture the active screen. With the E6400 there is only one option to capture screens and that is the Fn key with the F11 which is the PrntScreen button. But this option takes the full screen capture. Is there anybody who could please help me.
    I can only suggest a software solution.

GK

06/10 Dell Latitude E6410 Core i7-620M nVidia Quadro NVS 3100M w/Express Card Win7 x64 reimage
    12/08 Dell Latitude E6400 Core 2 Duo P9500 nVidia Quadro NVS 160M w/Express Card Win7 x64 reimage WinVista x64 reimage
    This forum looks better and displays faster in vBulletin Default Style!

NvGPUPro

If you use Vista*, check out Windows Snipping Tool. To run it, do Win key (which will open the start menu) and then type: snip and then hit on the ENTER key. It should run it. You can use this tool to take a screen shot of a free area that you draw with your mouse, a window or panel, full screen or custom rectangle shape. You can save your screen shot in max quality as JPEG, PNG, or GIF

*Vista Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate only.

Alternatively, you can press Fn + Alt + F11 to take a screen shot of a the active window
    My projects:Nv GPU Tweak Tool - The best tweak tool for Nvidia GPU's..

Dell Lat. E6400: Quadro NVS 160M / 4GB / P8400 / 1440x900 / DVD Burner / 9-cell bat. / Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

Notebook Enthusiast

You can do the same accept it's Alt + Fn + F11.

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBytes View Post
    If you use Vista*, check out Windows Snipping Tool. To run it, do Win key (which will open the start menu) and then type: snip and then hit on the ENTER key. It should run it. You can use this tool to take a screen shot of a free area that you draw with your mouse, a window or panel, full screen or custom rectangle shape. You can save your screen shot in max quality as JPEG, PNG, or GIF

*Vista Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate only.

Alternatively, you can press Fn + Alt + F11 to take a screen shot of a the active window
    It's finding out about cool hidden things like this that make browsing forums worth it.
    Thanks
    "Faraday" Lenovo Thinkpad X200s, L9400, WXGA+ LED, Mobile Intel 45 Express, 4GB DDR3 1066MHz, 180GB HD, Intel 5300, BT, Windows 7 RC1 x64

I missed if you need to take video captures or simle screenshots of your screen.
    I use this program for my video tutorials. I guess, there can be more useful software on the site, so you make have a look.