Quantcast Updated Broadcom USH (Unified Security Hub) Firmware - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Gb Re: Updated Broadcom USH (Unified Security Hub) Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by glentium View Post
    so, how do you know the firmware version of the Broadcom USH?
    How find it directly I don't know, but indirectly the new version seems to flash up a brief message "UAPP v1.10" on the pre-boot authentication screen which I don't remember happening before.

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Updated Broadcom USH (Unified Security Hub) Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by hulsmsc View Post
    Well it does not freeze when you log in (or it has not for me yet), but it still does not let you swipe all the time out of sleep mode. I look at it as a step in the right direction, but it still needs some work before I will call it acceptable.
    Press [Enter] a couple times (to fail at the password-based login), the FP reader should come up.
    Jason Litka | Utter Ramblings

Systems:
    Dell Adamo 13, Dell Latitude E4200, Dell Mini 9

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by litkaj View Post
    Press [Enter] a couple times (to fail at the password-based login), the FP reader should come up.
    It does, it always has even with the old driver, but we should not have to. It should simply ask for a password or the swipe.

Notebook Evangelist

i cannot seem to get it to recognize the USH. all it says is::

Checking current USH status.
    ERROR: Could not detect USH.

In the BIOS, i Have the TPM checkbox selected, and deactivated selected. If I go into ETS, it shows the TPM as disabled. If I set the TPM as activated, I get the same error. Any help?

Moderately inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by veritas72 View Post

In the BIOS, i Have the TPM checkbox selected, and deactivated selected. If I go into ETS, it shows the TPM as disabled. If I set the TPM as activated, I get the same error. Any help?
    If this relates to the firmware update, run ushupgrade.exe in the firmware folder. The batch file seems to have problems.

John

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by veritas72 View Post

I got the exact same error. Been trying to get this to work since lunch today with no success. Well, actually the fingerprint reader decided to start working ONCE for no obvious reason at all just to never work again since. Also, Im not really sure whats going on but the Security Manager etc is running so slow for me I can barely use them at all, mostly they just lock up.

Anyway, I ended up uninstalling everything. I need to hear some success stories on this before I try again.

Notebook Evangelist

@john -- i was running it from the .exe (the bat file does not work in x64). i've been trying different variations for hours.

has anyone gotten this to install in vista x64? it strikes me as a little odd that it is the same exact file in 32 and 64 bit vista (i realize it is firmware, but the install .bat script is running 16-bit progs which will not run in vista).

edit -- I got it to install under Caldera DR-DOS (from like 2003 or something). If anyone wants the 2 meg ISO to burn to a disk and run the bat inside, let me know, works like a charm.
    Last edited by veritas72; 19th November 2008 at 08:21 PM.

Notebook Evangelist

I tried running the exe, but I keep getting the message "The application has failed to restart because the application configuration is not correct. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I also have TPM enabled and deactivated. I redownloaded a couple of time but still the same error message..

help is appreciated.

UPDATE:
    Finally got it updated! I was having problem with a fresh XP SP3 install, no hotfixes, updates, .net blah blah. after I installed everything, got the exe working and successfully updated the firmware...
    Last edited by glentium; 19th November 2008 at 09:41 PM.
    Glentrino2Duo
    Dell Latitude E6510 Core i7-620m | nVidia NVS-3100M | E-Port Plus
    Lenovo Edge14 Core i3-330m

After dropping an XP SP3 image on an E6500, I get one nagging hardware bang in the device manager for something labelled "5880". It appears to be the Broadcom USH fingerprint reader and for the life of me I cannot get this system to recognize any driver for it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Keslaa View Post
    After dropping an XP SP3 image on an E6500, I get one nagging hardware bang in the device manager for something labelled "5880". It appears to be the Broadcom USH fingerprint reader and for the life of me I cannot get this system to recognize any driver for it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    You need to install the control point security drivers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast