Quantcast Battery indicator light flashing orange, orange, orange, green: INSPIRON 9400

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default Battery indicator light flashing orange, orange, orange, green: INSPIRON 9400

last night, noticed that the battery indicator on my 9400 was flashing "orange, orange, orange, green" when it was off.

this morning, when powered on, and plugged in via AC, it's still doing that.

anyone know what this means? dying battery? charging battery? it's almost always on AC though ... ?

Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Battery indicator light flashing orange, orange, orange, green: INSPIRON 9400

Quote Originally Posted by AM Radio View Post
    last night, noticed that the battery indicator on my 9400 was flashing "orange, orange, orange, green" when it was off.

this morning, when powered on, and plugged in via AC, it's still doing that.

anyone know what this means? dying battery? charging battery? it's almost always on AC though ... ?
    http://support.dell.com/support/topi...clang=en&cs=#4

May want to check the link above for more info...

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Battery indicator light flashing orange, orange, orange, green: INSPIRON 9400

thanks for the link.

" Temporary Battery Failure " -- a bit puzzling as the thing is rarely on battery. time to start troubleshooting.

hi AM Radio,

how you solved that Dell battery problem.
    Now my dell battery indicator flashing 3xorange 1xblue.
    i seperated battery from laptop and worked for 2 days, today i connected again but its indication as previouly 3xorange 1xblue.

Can anybody tell me how to solve this problem.

Thank you
    Sinu