Quantcast Where is the best place (online) to buy ASUS?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Where is the best place (online) to buy ASUS?

I want to buy the A8js when it comes out so a reseller that gets the latest stock fast is a must...even a good preorder list would be great.

Also I would like a quality, fast dependable reseller.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Sam
    Notebook Virtuoso

Default Re: Where is the best place (online) to buy ASUS?

MilestonePC.com for Canada.
    NCIX.com also for Canada, specifically Western Canada.
    PROPortable.com

All great resellers. NCIX (Netlink) seems like the larger company, although larger isn't necessarily better.
    Apple MacBook Pro 13 | OS X Snow Leopard | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4 GB RAM | 250 GB HDD | SuperDrive
    Raidmax Desktop | Windows XP | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad | 4 GB RAM | 500 GB HDD | ATI Radeon HD 4850
    Apple iPhone 3G S | Bell Canada | 16 GB | Incipio Feather Metallic Black

Mac Switcher's Guide | Windows on a Mac Guide | My Flickr

Notebook Evangelist

I am in the US Seattle specifically

Notebook Prophet

The first companies to sell the a8jm in the us when it was released where these :

Newegg.com
    portableone.com
    zipzoomfly.com
    buy.com
    milestonepc.com

when the a8jm first reached NA it was for sale in canada only. These companies imported them for the us market from canada.

north american asus is in fremont. All of these companies are in fremont.... um.... no coincidence.

This MIGHT be useful information for the a8js.

I think you will have to be active and on it to get one of the first ones.
    Last edited by stamar; 25th September 2006 at 02:14 AM.

currently on a vizio ct -14 a0 128 gb

g72 bb model momentus xt/hitachi 7k500
    p8700 260 gtx cost : $400
    11219 3dmark 06
    stock 5400.6 in external
    "The best future proofing is keeping dollars in your pocket" - A NBR genious I forgot his name

Notebook Consultant

it depends if you want your laptop customized or not. places like zipzoomfly, newegg, and buy.com will not customize your laptop.

For customized laptops i recommend milestonepc (based in fremont, ca) or btotech (also known as geared2play, based in NY).

Notebook Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by battlemage View Post
    it depends if you want your laptop customized or not. places like zipzoomfly, newegg, and buy.com will not customize your laptop.

For customized laptops i recommend milestonepc (based in fremont, ca) or btotech (also known as geared2play, based in NY).

It is never intelligent to customize an ensemble unit. Nobody charges less than doing it yourself. You buy the ensemble, it comes in a box. If you want to pay someone to put ram into it for you you can.

Normally people figure this out a little quicker....

geared to play and milestonepc dont customize your notebook. they take it out of the box, charge you for a new hard drive put it in, keep your old hard drive or cpu and write you on their christmas list for being not so swift but very generous.

Just so you know >I< will customize your asus ensemble for you. And so will your neighbor larry down the street.

Asus ensembles come one way. Its hard to explain anything if basic math isnt clicking to someone...
    Last edited by stamar; 25th September 2006 at 04:01 PM.

11219 3dmark 06
    stock 5400.6 in external
    "The best future proofing is keeping dollars in your pocket" - A NBR genious I forgot his name

NBR Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by stamar View Post
    It is never intelligent to customize an ensemble unit. Nobody charges less than doing it yourself. You buy the ensemble, it comes in a box. If you want to pay someone to put ram into it for you you can.

Normally people figure this out a little quicker....

geared to play and milestonepc dont customize your notebook. they take it out of the box, charge you for a new hard drive put it in, keep your old hard drive or cpu and write you on their christmas list for being not so swift but very generous.
    That's a little bit simplistic. Few of my most tech-savvy friends are eager to dive into the deep inner working of a laptop to upgrade the processor. Most shutter at the thought of removing the keyboard. When a reseller replaces something like that, the person asking for the modification can (usually) be sure that someone who knows what they're doing is opening the computer and not ripping and breaking stuff. If something does break, the consumer doesn't have to worry about it. They also offer their own warranties should something go wrong later since doing a mod on one's own would void Asus'.

~ Brett
    Nrbelex.com: Brett Weinstein | Photography

Current: ThinkPad T430s - Core i5-3320M - 16gb RAM - 128GB mSATA SSD
    Old: Asus W3J - Intel Core 2 Duo, T7200 - ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 - 3gb RAM
    Older: Dell Inspiron 5150 (running the latest version of Ubuntu)

Notebook Prophet

Ok.

Obviously the world is not filled with rocket scientists.

As long as they know that is what they are paying for, literally nothing and transfering the warrantee to the dealer.

If they understand that and thats what they want then um... christmas list! Its love like that that makes the world go around!

if anyone is intimidated by replacing the HD of a laptop, but theyre willing to spend 1-2k on one anyway theres something wrong there too.

I mean this is the least of my worries lol its just that sometimes people make me shake my head so it wants to fall off.

Its not intelligent. If some people are in a position where they should do something thats not intelligent theres something going on that cant be addressed well in a message board scope.
    Last edited by stamar; 25th September 2006 at 04:10 PM.

11219 3dmark 06
    stock 5400.6 in external

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by stamar View Post
    Ok.

Obviously the world is not filled with rocket scientists.

As long as they know that is what they are paying for, literally nothing and transfering the warrantee to the dealer.

If they understand that and thats what they want then um... christmas list! Its love like that that makes the world go around!

if anyone is intimidated by replacing the HD of a laptop, but theyre willing to spend 1-2k on one anyway theres something wrong there too.

I mean this is the least of my worries lol its just that sometimes people make me shake my head so it wants to fall off.

Its not intelligent. If some people are in a position where they should do something thats not intelligent theres something going on that cant be addressed well in a message board scope.

See thats the problem right there..youre talking about yourself. Your basing this entire argument on the fact that you have no problems fiddling with the internals of a laptop and that everyone else in the world should be the same. The reality is that many ppl, even some tech savvy individuals, dont want to do that for fear of breaking something accidentally. I dont understand why its not easy for you to see that. Plus I dont think you pay that much extra really but maybe thats my personal bias.

Also, for a hard drive and ram upgrade, the warranty is not transferred to a dealer.

I dont mean to be overly defensive or even antagonistic to your post. In fact, I do agree with you that every1 should know that there is an alternative to the resellers upgrading your laptop. But I think we all need to remember that when we make reccomendations to ppl, we shouldnt make any assumptions and we really need to try and stay away from our personal bias. Thats the only way were going to be able to give clear, objective advice.

Notebook Retailer

But I think we all need to remember that when we make reccomendations to ppl, we shouldnt make any assumptions and we really need to try and stay away from our personal bias.
    When asus decides not to honor their warranty because they modded their laptops they will wish the paid the pros who take over the warranty to do it for them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast