Quantcast Where to find ASUS recalls?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Where to find ASUS recalls?

I was wondering where I could look up the latest recalls concerning ASUS ensemble and built-on notebooks? Which page in the ASUS website specifically?

Thanks.

Notebook Retailer

Default Re: Where to find ASUS recalls?

There are none, so there isn't a page. The only recall Asus had in the past in terms of their notebook line at least was a voluntary recall on Z71 main batteries made between March of 2005 until November of 2005 and ONLY if they won't hold 90% of their charge...... most people who had a problem saw their battery drop to a max of only 60% over a matter of a couple months. I know we saw 2-3 dozen batteries get replaced by Asus, with the entire replacement paid for by Sony, but it was only for those with the problem.
    Last edited by PROPortable; 24th August 2006 at 03:50 PM.
    Click below to read my Asus news sticky and to find out more about the NBR Member Discount Program (updated 05/10)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/show....php?p=1961738

NBR Super Moderator

hehehe...sony battery you say?

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by night_2004
    hehehe...sony battery you say?
    What is so funny about that?
    Click below to read my Asus news sticky and to find out more about the NBR Member Discount Program (updated 05/10)

Notebook Evangelist

The Dell and Apple battery problems all stemmed from Sony batteries. I was wondering the same thing - My Z63A has a Sony battery - has anybody had any problems?
    <CENTER>Asus Z63A<CENTER>
    <CENTER>Intel Pentium-M 750 - 1 GB PC4200 - Seagate 5400.2 60 GB - DVD/CDRW - Intel Pro/Wireless 2200<CENTER>

Notebook Retailer

I realize that..... it doesn't make it funny. I answered that question in another post.

Notebook Retailer

z63a battery historically was very relaible. I can count rma on my 2 fingers. The only laptop with a problem was z71v. The cells were manufed by samsung.

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by Geared2play.com
    z63a battery historically was very relaible. I can count rma on my 2 fingers. The only laptop with a problem was z71v. The cells were manufed by samsung.

Although I'm going to mention this to you over im in a second...... the Z71 batteries that had problems used cells from Sony... I ripped apart one of the batteries this evening with a 56xxxxxx serial number that was outside of the warranty period and had this problem and it had Sony's model numbers on it.

Notebook Evangelist

Do any of you guys know how many RMA's are on V6(V) batteries relative to other model's batteries?

I am asking this because my battery is acting funny again... 4% wear level but the battery never charge beyond 86%, and I already quit calibrating it because the process never ended after 10 hours. I'm waiting for a prepaid shipping package from ASUS.

EX-NBR member :'(

The V6J batteries are showing the same symptoms as the Z71. ASUS has exchanged my batteries twice already but the fault still exists. In less than a month, battery wear has jumped to 30% I'm not the only one who has issues with the V6J batteries; there are so many V6J owners complaining about their batteries. I love my V6J, but this battery glitch just drives me insane. I used to squeeze 4hrs out of it, but now it can barely manage 1.5hrs I'll have my batteries replaced a third time, but i guess with my luck that'll be a temporary relief before they start crapping on me again!!! x_x

Justin? Eddie? Anyone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast