Quantcast Opinions on the N56JR.. - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Opinions on the N56JR..

Default Re: Opinions on the N56JR..

I saw this at Microcenter and I am seriously considering it. The specs on the Microcenter site state it has a DisplayPort but from the pictures it looks like it has a D-SUB VGA port (in addition to HDMI). I am assuming the stated specs are not correct? Also, just curious ... is the HDMI/VGA combo preferred on the higher end laptops (over say HDMI/DisplayPort)?

Thanks in advance.

SS

Notebook Retailer

Yeah I think that's a typo.
    Sales@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: (US) 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers
    ResellerRatings.com Customer Satisfaction Rating =
    10/10 Better Business Bureau A+ Rated

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by 3000psi View Post
    I saw this at Microcenter and I am seriously considering it. The specs on the Microcenter site state it has a DisplayPort but from the pictures it looks like it has a D-SUB VGA port (in addition to HDMI). I am assuming the stated specs are not correct? Also, just curious ... is the HDMI/VGA combo preferred on the higher end laptops (over say HDMI/DisplayPort)?

Thanks in advance.

SS
    No display port of any kind on this lappy. Specs must be incorrect. I didn't even notice that. HDMI output works great to my HP IPS monitor. Even defaulted the audio through the cable thinking my monitor has speakers, which is does not. Had to change the default audio back to the built-in speakers.

I will say the only thing that's bothering me is that the fan that runs continuously seems to be having some issues. It sounds like it is speeding up and down at random intervals but those intervals are split second adjustments not as if it were due to a temp increase. Almost like the voltage is not regulating properly if that makes sense.

Notebook Consultant

Default Opinions on the N56JR..

Here are a few more of the keyboard and logo illumination.

Notebook Consultant

Viewing angle videos for both horizontal and vertical...taken with iPhone but you can get the idea.

Asus N56JR Horizontal Viewing Angles - YouTube

Asus N56JR Vertical Viewing Angles - YouTube

Notebook Enthusiast

What about case temps?
    Maybe small stress test with Furmark and Prime95? i7-4700HQ can get very hot...

Notebook Geek

So asus now release gtx 760m on their multimedia series using old n56 version chassis under $1000 hmm .. first it was gt 650m, gt 640m, gt 740m, and now gtx 760m. (gt 750m on n550jv)

Notebook Deity

I've had this for a week.

My screen is an samsung TN FullHD (SEC314C). It's okay, very high max brightness! Black levels feels a bit greyish, I'm guessing around 500:1 contrast, not more.
    It has one fan, which is a bit nervous on idle (spins up for small periods), but beside this stays pretty silent, even during high loads.
    The wifi is crap, like it's on the N56VZ too.
    Some minor quality flaws (few keys sits lower than others, VGA connector is leaning to one side a bit).

But overall great value for the money.

The GPU is just an GTX765M with lower clocks and voltage. I managed to clock it up to 850MHz (with boost active), any more than this and it would crash (indicating that it needs more voltage, which can't be adjusted unfortunately), at this speed it's almost on level with GTX765M, scoreing 4023 in 3dmark11.

The main thing I miss is an IPS dispaly and better wifi, rest is just minor flaws.

Can you provide some feedback about the performance playing games at full hd?

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Exsound View Post
    Can you provide some feedback about the performance playing games at full hd?
    That gpu is going to struggle with any newer "top flight" games on full hd.

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast