Quantcast How to get rid of Instant On off my desktop and taskbar without closing it?

+ Reply to Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default How to get rid of Instant On off my desktop and taskbar without closing it?

Hi all,

How can I get rid of Instant On without closing it?

I like that I can boot in 2 seconds but I don't want it to be always there in my taskbar and desktop all the time.

Anyone?

Thanks

Notebook Retailer

Default Re: How to get rid of Instant On off my desktop and taskbar without closing it?

You can hide it in the system tray by right clicking on your taskbar -> Properties -> Customize (next to Notification area) -> Hide Icon and Notifications (next to the icon).

If you want to remove the shortcut from your desktop, you can either right click on it -> Properties -> Check "Hidden", next to Attributes, then click OK. This will keep it on the desktop but it will be invisible unless you remove the Hidden attribute.

We custom build Clevo, Asus, MSI and Lenovo laptops. Exclusive NBR member discount available!
    Sales: 888/576-6776

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: How to get rid of Instant On off my desktop and taskbar without closing it?

Many thanks, but that doesn't solve it.

It's already hidden in the system tray, but not in the taskbar, where it is using big space.

And on my desktop there is no shortcut but the interface of it always there. No right click menu, no hiding.

I just want it to start but stay invisible in the background. Absurd thing this.

See the screenshot. Below is my taskbar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imagen 001.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	95949

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by kuno5 View Post

It's already hidden in the system tray, but not in the taskbar, where it is using big space.

And on my desktop there is no shortcut but the interface of it always there. No right click menu, no hiding.

I just want it to start but stay invisible in the background. Absurd thing this.

Isn't that just standby mode ? Why is it called instant on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
    Isn't that just standby mode ? Why is it called instant on.
    It's Asus software to boot from sleep mode in 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by kuno5 View Post

This was a pain in the *ss until I figured it out, but quite simple in the end (at least with Asus Zenbook with Windows 8). I was able to right click on the screen that you've taken a screenshot of and uncheck "Run when Windows starts".

If you go to the start menu, type run press enter, a little window will pop up enter msconfig, press Enter, move mouse over to services you will then see a check box that will say Hide all Microsoft services, put a check there. now look for Asus Instant On, Uncheck the check box. Press Apply and Okay. than Restart the computer. That will prevent it from auto start up. Hope this helps. you will have to open the Asus Instant On by goin to start typing Asus it should pop up.

Best way- Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS" (or "C:\Program Files\ASUS" in 32bit windows) and change the name of the folder "ASUS InstantOn" to "ASUS InstantOnX" (or anything else that not the original name).