Quantcast New Elantech and Asus Smart Gesture drivers, how are they?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Elantech and Asus Smart Gesture drivers, how are they?

Notebook Deity

Default New Elantech and Asus Smart Gesture drivers, how are they?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Touchpad

New Smart Gesture driver released on Sept 24th and new Elantech on the 25th. Very interested to hear your experiences with either, especially if you own a Zenbook Prime and whether palm detection is any better.

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: New Elantech and Asus Smart Gesture drivers, how are they?

Hi, as I just purchased a Asus K55A notebook, and am quite enamoured with it...
    I have D/L and installed the latest Asus Smart Gesture driver....however upon restarting I can not find it in my Mouse properties....anywhere?
    Asus Smart Gestures: 1.0.32

I had the Elan driver installed...and it definately shows up in Mouse Properties: 10.9.50

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download K55A

I have just tried the latest Elan driver 11.5.09...as I know that this is generic driver from the Asus website...but it too does not show up in Mouse properties..

My biggest concern was the dam jumping curser in Win7...

The incredible moving cursor: why your cursor jumps around when typing on your Windows 7 laptop | Gadget Writing

But with Asus Smart Gesture driver and the latest Elan driver (both mentioned above)...I can not find where the settings are...lol
    Thanks...nice forums
    Asus K55A
    Intel® Core™ i5 3210M Processor
    Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

Notebook Deity

If it's anything like the last version, the (very) few settings they haven't hidden completely are available when you open the "SmartarseGesture" program. If it doesn't hang, and the process wants to drain your ram and processor time..

I'd recommend avoiding the program altogether, use the Elantech driver pack, and spam support with complaints.
    Asus r553ln - because the battery was so great.
    N56vz review -- Windows/linux setup guide MBR version. UEFI edition(upd. 08/14)

Quote Originally Posted by nipsen View Post
    I'd recommend avoiding the program altogether, use the Elantech driver pack, and spam support with complaints.
    Does the Elantech driver pack support the gestures for windows 8 ?

Notebook Deity

I don't know. If you mean swipe, three-finger scroll, zoom, multitouch, that sort of thing. Then yes.

Asus basically just made a wrapper for the elantech driver, and removed a bunch of functions from it the last time.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nipsen View Post
    If it's anything like the last version, the (very) few settings they haven't hidden completely are available when you open the "SmartarseGesture" program. If it doesn't hang, and the process wants to drain your ram and processor time..

Hey nipsen,

Thanks as that is what I suspected...after doing some more Google searches..
    I have a Logitech M310 mouse with the latest Logitech Setpoint drivers and was thinking possibly this was the culprit for not letting me the see the settings for the "SmartarseGesture" program...lol!

At least with the Asus supported Elantech driver on the Asus support site v10.9.50...it allows me to uncheck the dam tab feature on the touchpad so I can regain my sanity...and be able to type in emails, forums...etc...without going nuts...lol

I was curious that the latest Elantech drivers...generic on the Asus support site 11.5.09 also 'did not' show up in my Mouse properties...probably a propriety aspect...related to my laptop...
    Looks as if these are support for Win8...

Thanks again...
    Asus K55A

Notebook Deity

Np. So do the search on the asus site for touchpad drivers, find the listing independent of laptop model. And pick the older driver before the Smartgesture drivers. Note that you can't pick the older drivers very quickly from the n56 page under "mouse", etc. You need to get the touchpad driver listing entry.

I mean, honestly -- getting very fed up with Asus over the aftermarket care here. There were a lot of complaints when they updated the Smartgesture program automatically, and they actually pulled it from the updates the first time around. And then they redo the same thing again, make minimal changes to it -- and just submit it again, doing exactly the same as before. Somehow missing the fact that removing 3/4ths of the functions from the control panel, and forcing another memory hungry application with ten unnecessary services running - that that was the actual problem.

Same attitude as with the memory timing. They don't change the memory timing. They just release another version of the laptop -- and then put the same braindead timing on it. They have fifteen different laptops, with completely different hardware, that all have the same bios settings. Just... unbelievable.

Notebook Enthusiast

Once again nipsen,

Thanks m8, as I was able to upgrade from my current ElanTech v: 10.5.9.0 dated 2/20/2012 to v: 10.5.10 dated 5/10/2012 (generic driver on ASUS support site...and the settings/properties do show up in my Mouse Properties....

I am just getting use to the overall ASUS Support site...and do feel your frustration, but hell I got a really good deal$$$ on the K55A model at BestBuy...and really can not complain...as I just researched and I can up grade ist 4GB DDR3 memory that came factory installed to 8GB DDR3....with another stick for $40-50....very nice...
    Asus K55A

I have the n56vz, and this is by far the number 1 annoyance I have. Cursor jumping around and accidentally clicking things from palm touching the trackpad while typing. When I go to the troubleshooting page on the asus website, there is a feature on the elantech setting called "Palm Tracking" which fixes the problem (well I hope it does). I do not see this feature on my laptop's elantech settings. So I dled and installed the latest driver V11.5.0.9, currently I have V10.5.9.0 , but the elan touchpad setting was grayed-out after. And had to do a lot of uninstalling and reinstalling to revert it back to stock for my touchpad because the hotkey fn- f9 stopped working, and I finally just got it back to work again.

My question is, how can I get this Palm Tracking feature? Which updated version can I download that is compatible with my laptop?

For all Asus users i suggest using the newest Elantech drivers from Acer, more custom and closer to the real drivers.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast