Quantcast Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD - Page 354

+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 460 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4599
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Notebook Deity

Default Re: Ivy Bridge Zenbook with FHD IPS screen UX21A UX31A UX32A UX32VD

Quote Originally Posted by poPsi View Post
    It runs fine all drivers installed, except I cannot get the ATK drivers to work properly. Installed the latest from Asus, but changing eg. screen bightness (fn+f6) will result in a small system hang and it brings up the windows style bars instead of the Asus ones. Seems to interfere with the default windows it seems.

If anyone has a fix, please share
    Just a guess but the .exe probably didn't recognize the OS and might have installed the wrong version. You could try setting compatibility mode to win 7 and run it again. Probably won't make a difference but worth a try.

Is anyone else having issues with drivers after upgrading to an SSD? (Using a UX32VD-DB71)

I upgraded to a Samsung 830 (256GB) and reinstalled win7. Now trying to reinstall the drivers. Seems like I have to install the asus drivers one by one as downloaded off the website.

A few of them have given the error message "Sorry, this program only supports ASUS notebook!". Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any workarounds?

Thanks

edit: To be more clear, the Splendid Video Enhancement Technology drivers don't work, which I believe make the screen brightness function keys work.

Power4Gear installed alright, but on reboot it gives me "This program will only work on ASUS computer"

Notebook Enthusiast

Once again, what is the recommended CAS latency of the 8gig stick when doing the ram upgrade so you can get dual-channel to work?

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by AmoebaAstronaut View Post
    Once again, what is the recommended CAS latency of the 8gig stick when doing the ram upgrade so you can get dual-channel to work?
    I think you want CAS11 but it won't run dual channel mode since they are different sizes.

How can I check after I upgrade the ram at what speed is my ram running? I got the 8 gb patriot cas 11.
    Also do you guys think asus will fix our screens if we RMA them at the turn of the new year? I woulod do it now but school starts in 2 weeks. Also, I have no fan problems but I wuld like to take advantage of the issd along with my upgraded ssd, will using issd cause fan problem related to the instant chace it has stored?

Notebook Enthusiast

hi guys, i just got my ux32vd and samsung 830 ssd as well as an 8gb 1600 cl11 ram.
    would you guys recommend a clean install or a restore of the backup i created?

also, if i were to do a clean install, would i put in the ssd first and load the iso from my usb? to my understanding, once i put in the ssd there will be no os on the computer so am i still able to install windows 7 through a usb?

as for drivers, i heard that many people have had trouble installing certain drivers such as rapid start. is there a way to work around this? thanks!

Notebook Enthusiast

Has anyone purchased the UX32a? I spoke to Asus corporate office and they told me that the bleed issues on the UX31a and UX32vd were due to a bad batch of IPS displays.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by shawngee View Post
    Has anyone purchased the UX32a? I spoke to Asus corporate office and they told me that the bleed issues on the UX31a and UX32vd were due to a bad batch of IPS displays.
    Very interesting, I hope this guy really was telling the truth and that the fresh batch of zenbooks will be bleed-free.

Notebook Enthusiast

Hi guys I just got the UX32VD today and so far it seems great! However, my issue is that the internet speed appears to be painfully slow on this laptop. With speedtest.net I get 15mbps with my iphone on the same wifi network, whereas I get 0.34 mbps when I test it on my zenbook!? Does anyone know how I can adjust this? Thanks!

Also, what are some bloatwares I can uninstall?

EDIT: This is when my laptop is plugged in and set to high performance!

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Deathalo View Post
    Very interesting, I hope this guy really was telling the truth and that the fresh batch of zenbooks will be bleed-free.
    Ya, unfortunately, I have no way of knowing. I know that in a few Best Buy locations they have not placed a new order for the UX31a's, so I am assuming they might be rejecting the problem units, but that is just an assumption I have made after being told that they did not place a new order.