Quantcast Asus X53sv, a laptop that isn't even on their website.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Asus X53sv, a laptop that isn't even on their website.

Hi guys,

I just found this laptop, Asus X53sv, and I can't find any information on the official website and reviews are scarce and usually incomplete.

I did read somewhere - on a French site - that the X series aren't actually Asus but just manufactured by them, or something to that degree.

They look a lot like the K53 which is a good series but looks can be deceiving. Can anyone shed some light, or tell me about their build quality.

Thanks,

Mojito_619

Well no, I'm still here..

Default Re: Asus X53sv, a laptop that isn't even on their website.

I've written about this before somewhere - the X/K series are, for all intents and purposes, essentially one and the same; model designation depends on market region. The X/K series are Asus' entry level, budget models, akin to low end HP/Toshiba/Dell models @ similar pricing.

Asus marketing has never duplicated effort on their model descriptions, going back to the whitebox days of old.
    Current notebook: 2013 MacBook Air 13" (Haswell) | Core i7 1.7GHz | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD
    My youngest daughter's now - may it serve her needs well...
    MacBook Aluminum (late '08) | 13.3 WXGA | P8600 (2.4Ghz) | 4GB DDR3-1066 RAM |
    Backlit KB | 640GB Samsung M8 HDD

Default Re: Asus X53sv, a laptop that isn't even on their website.

Ok, thanks for the info. I did wonder if its designation depended on market region as I only saw the X version in France and Germany.