Quantcast Asus UX31 Ultrabook - Page 165

+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 297 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2962
  1. #1641
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    i find myself using the fn keys for volume and brightness all the time. can anybody tell me how i can lock the fn key so i dont need to press it to change volume/brightness?

  2. #1642
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    Quote Originally Posted by hoted View Post
    i find myself using the fn keys for volume and brightness all the time. can anybody tell me how i can lock the fn key so i dont need to press it to change volume/brightness?
    Use keytweak to create your own short cut. I have f3 for volume - and f4 for volume +

    Download KeyTweak 2.3.0 Free - Remap your keyboard. - Softpedia

  3. #1643
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    Quote Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
    Use keytweak to create your own short cut. I have f3 for volume - and f4 for volume +

    Download KeyTweak 2.3.0 Free - Remap your keyboard. - Softpedia
    Thanks!

    Just downloaded it -- now just need to figure out how to use it. I thought I remapped it correctly but it doesn't work even after I restart.

    I would like the volume - and + keys to be f3 and f4... don't know why Asus put it on the other side.
    They were f3 and f4 on my old vaio and it was so easy to turn my volume up or down.

  4. #1644
    Notebook Evangelist
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    Quote Originally Posted by patelkedar View Post
    Thanks!

    Just downloaded it -- now just need to figure out how to use it. I thought I remapped it correctly but it doesn't work even after I restart.

    I would like the volume - and + keys to be f3 and f4... don't know why Asus put it on the other side.
    They were f3 and f4 on my old vaio and it was so easy to turn my volume up or down.
    launch the program and click on the Half Teach Mode button. Click on the scan a single key and then press f3. Click on the drop down menu and select your new key. Repeat the step for f4 key and then hit apply and reboot. The only thing that sucks about using keytweak is that it will not display the status of the volume like when you are using the fn + f11, f12. but it works tho

  5. #1645
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    Has anyone had any luck connecting a Bluetooth device to this laptop?

    I have the UX31E-DH52

    I have been trying to connect my mouse for a few hours with no luck. My Android tablet pairs and connects with the mouse just fine.

    I also tried connecting my phone to the laptop to see if it was just the mouse, but neither show up when searching for a device.

    Both connect to my tablet and other Bluetooth enabled laptop.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  6. #1646
    Notebook Geek
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    My UX31-53 is ready for pickup from Bestbuy. It was on back order for around 3 weeks and hopefully Asus could fix the issues of the wifi and touchpad

  7. #1647
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    Quote Originally Posted by JSZESZE View Post
    Has anyone had any luck connecting a Bluetooth device to this laptop?

    I have the UX31E-DH52

    I have been trying to connect my mouse for a few hours with no luck. My Android tablet pairs and connects with the mouse just fine.

    I also tried connecting my phone to the laptop to see if it was just the mouse, but neither show up when searching for a device.

    Both connect to my tablet and other Bluetooth enabled laptop.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have no problems connecting another notebook and several smartphones. Have you tried to set the bluetooth to discoverable and find the UX31 with your other laptop?

  8. #1648
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: usb 3.0 doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by nksoldier View Post
    usb 3.0 doesn't work

    hi guys!
    i have istalled the empty (msdn) version of windows 7 ultimate x64
    and installed all drivers from asus.com (including fresco usb driver 3.5.4)
    but STILL usb 3.0 doesn't work with my external hdd Samsung m2 1gb
    it works with the left usb 2.0 port, it works with micro usb cable via that blue port on the right (on speed of 2.0 certainly), but does not work by usb 3.0 cable
    Anyway, I hear a 'connecting' sound when connect it to the usb 3.0 and the position in Device Manager appears with a problem sign '!' and inscription 'code 10' but the hdd doesn't open in my computer

    Please, help me. Lost 2 days to find a solution, still no good news

    Does usb 3.0 work with the stock laptops from the box? Unfortunately I forgot to try my new hdd when the laptop was in "stock". I want to know it to figure out if now it doesn't work because of windows reinstall and drivers absence

  9. #1649
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    Just flashed bios 209.
    The first i recognised is the improved wireless speed... The first time im getting full speed with download. Tried various speed tests. Before i was getting only 60 to 70 percent of what the internet is capable (on two different locations).

    If the touchpad (sentelic) will get a little bit better driver than i will be fully satisfied with the zenbook.

  10. #1650
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Asus UX31 Ultrabook

    Yes, USB3 works with the stock installation. You should try to get your hands on another USB3 device and see if that one works.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1