Quantcast Asus P31F 13.3" business model?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Notebook Geek

Default New Asus P31F 13.3" business model?

Does anyone know anything about the Asus P31F laptop? I can't find it anywhere on the Asus website, but stores in The Netherlands are selling it (already since october) Can't really find much information on the internet either.

On the pictures I've seen so far it looks to be a nice, not too thick, 1.8kg business model with a matte screen. Another interesting thing is that it's got an 8-cell battery.. however even real life photo's can't be found.. so it's not known whether the battery sticks out or not (which I'd really want to know if I buy a laptop).

There are two models available (click for specs and current prices in Holland):
    P31F-RO043X
    P31F-RO070X

I can't find any difference in the specs, apart from the fact that the -43X one was released more than a month before the -70X

More detailed specs can be found here (english):
    http://icecat.nl/en/p/asus/p31f-ro04...x-5966519.html
    http://icecat.nl/en/p/asus/p31f-ro07...x-6811490.html

I've also just called the Asus helpdesk, and the guy talking to me was also surprised that there was no information about this laptop on their website, but he couldn't help me further, since he hasn't got any more information either.

Last edited by simP; 14th December 2010 at 10:46 AM.

Default Re: Asus P31F 13.3" business model?

That is gorgeous. We don't get any P series in the USA as far as I know. It looks like the little brother of the B43F, except with a nicer chicklet keyboard. I also was unable to find any info beyond what you've already linked.

Notebook Geek

Yea and most results I get on google are shops or price comparison websites from Holland :\ So weird.

Notebook Geek

Ah finally, I found out a bit more. When searching for P31, I found out that they sell this P31JG in china, which is almost the same laptop (this one can contain a GT415M and can also have a i3 380M or i5 460M, oh and it's 1.6kg instead of 1.8kg... mmm weird)

Checking on the chinese Asus website I got this when searching for P31JG there:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...0azxcgZRAc4qhg

A bit annoying that the next part of the Asus website can't be put in the Google translater (you'll get directed to the main .cn website). So you'll get this:

http://www.asus.com.cn/product.aspx?...nNj9ee7BvE2R1x (Second tab is specifications)

Unfortunately it's still not clear whether it's a matte screen or not...
    Maybe I should just buy it.. I'm so curious now :P

Overview P31JG (Google translated):
    Light accompanied by beautiful fashion
    Slim and stylish design combines the P31 series notebooks, with an average thickness of less than 1 inch smart figure, can easily put it in your backpack or briefcase, take it go! Additionally, attractive specifications and ASUS exclusive Super Hybrid Engine (SHE) cutting-edge technology, ASUS P31 series offers powerful performance and long battery life, ultra-portable notebook computer to create a new benchmark.

ASUS exclusive Super Hybrid Engine (SHE) to improve performance up to 15%*
    With the dynamic overclocking technology, ASUS exclusive Super Hybrid Engine (SHE) to improve performance up to 15% *! This is not only to enhance CPU performance, ASUS engineers also adjusted a few special values of the whole system to improve energy efficiency. ASUS exclusive Super Hybrid Engine (SHE) designed for use with Intel Core ™ i3, i5 mobile processor specifically designed the perfect collaboration! In addition, ASUS exclusive Super Hybrid Engine (SHE) to ensure P31JG operation in the implementation of the job requires a lot of CPU such as playing games or watch high-definition video, can easily cope with, and will not sacrifice the stability of the laptop!

Life enhancement, allowing you to use a computer all day can be
    In terms of business travelers as the city, you often travel to different places, so easy to carry with a notebook computer is very important. P31 is not only used but two power optimization technology, which work together to ensure that the notebook battery life of up to nearly 10 hours *! When the computer is running low demand tasks, Super Hybrid Engine can intelligently reduce the power consumption of notebook computers, and NVIDIA Optimus ™ technology can automatically switch the independent or built-in GPU GeForce GT415M to meet the needs of image processing to ensure that no will waste no electricity!
    *Limited test environment, Mobile Mark 2007 reader mode @ Super Hybrid Engine power saving mode the battery 8-cell 5600mAh battery, WLAN / BT off.
    EDIT: LOL, and hidden in this picture on that webpage (just click on this picture on the Asus overview page of the P31JG) is this youtube video of the U31/U41 series.... yeaa right

EDIT2: Hmmm it quite like the U31 demonstrated on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjjDBzaz5J8&t=1m46s (second laptop he shows) Glossy screen though

EDIT3: Specs also match, although the weight and height do differ... (so maybe the screen as well, and the P31 might have a matte one :O? I'll just e-mail some shops, maybe they can tell me)
    U31F: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=OV45sT3DY56akobY
    U31JG: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=qcgJ2RirwkZL7Hpa
    Last edited by simP; 14th December 2010 at 04:42 PM.

Wow you've been digging for a while... lol. Yeah the F/J is for integrated graphics/nvidia graphics but all of the B/P series in current production have matte screens as far as I know.

It'd definitely be a big surprise if it has glossy, but I guess it's easy enough to ask a retailer.

Notebook Deity

Wow what an awesome design (asus ruins their designs imo in most of their models with the glossy left and rightclick mousebuttons underneath the trackpad), and the 800€ price is perfect for someone like me.

Add a nice SB cpu and it'll have acceptable graphics aswell ^^ I can't wait for next year :P
    Old forum name: Student@antwerp2009
    Laptop: Acer Aspire 5920G: 2.5 Ghz core 2 duo t9300, 3 gigs of 667 mhz ddr2 ram, 500gb WD Scorpio Black,Ati HD 4670
    Desktop: Intel i5 4670k, 8gb 1600 mhz ram, 2tb hdd, msi gtx760

Notebook Geek

I got several confirmations that this model does have a matte display. Secondly, a distributor of one of the shops I e-mailed also states that the battery, although it is an 8-cell unit, doesn't stick out.

I'm currently in a conversation with Asus, and they are going to check whether this battery does stick out to the back (or raises the laptop).

Here is a detailed specification list I received:
    Last edited by simP; 23rd December 2010 at 02:24 PM.

Notebook Guru

Mis-read the post, silly me. =/

However that does look extremely nice, has a nice matte finish instead of the gloss that Asus usually prefer to go with.

Notebook Geek

After watching some videos of other Asus models, I noticed that there are laptops with 8-cell batteries which don't really stick out.

For example the UL30:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om-vOWL5j9E&t=9m12s

So I guess the 8-cell battery in the P31F won't protrude either.

Now I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks to see this model drop in price with the release of Sandy Bridge models..

Notebook Geek

Awesome, just bought the newest model (P31F-RO090X) shipped with the i3-380M . First impression is just great.. I loved the keyboard instantly, it's perfect. Quite thin & light. It's almost exactly the same as the U31-series, except that it's not available in silver and the screen is not a mirror On the battery and driver-cd, it also says U31, and on the back it says MB. Ver. U31F beneath Model: P31F.

I decided to buy it now, since the new Sandy Bridge laptops will come a bit later because of Intel's small production failure. Since I could really use it @ university at the moment I checked on 1 Feb again if there were any price drops in these models, and coincidentally, this new model popped up, with a i3-380M @ 2.53GHz instead of the lower clocked i3-370M, so I immediately bought it!

I'll post some photos if people are interested.
    Last edited by simP; 4th February 2011 at 05:42 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast