Quantcast Asus Reputation for Quality?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Asus Reputation for Quality?

Can anyone fill me in on the ASUS reputation for quality in the laptop product line? I am strongly considering an ASUS laptop, but have never seen one. I currently have an HP Pavilion dv1000 that I have been very happy with.

I have built a few desktop machines and used one or two ASUS motherboards and liked them, but know zero about their laptop reputation.

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Asus Reputation for Quality?

I am the most picky person you'd ever meet. I picked Asus. 'Nuff said. If you want a PC with training wheels buy a mac.

Also I think the look of ASUS laptops, especially the UL series and the g73 are way better than everything else out there...

well atleast the UL50VT RBBBK05 :O

Notebook Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick reply. Is your satisfaction with ASUS quality fairly typical?

By the way, it's the U43JC-A1 that I am considering and I am so glad I found this site, it has great information.

Notebook Deity

The ASUS makes very nice and high quality products in general.
    I am on the 3 notebook from ASUS.
    I have to admit the first one F3jp was not that great a product, but that was around 5 years ago. Since then the ASUS quality has improved a lot.

My second machine M50Vm was great product and I love my current N71JQ.

Of course there could some be model where people are not satisfied, but that is not the general trend.

As far as I read the quality and service of ASUS is better than that of HP.
    ASUS N71JQ-A1 (i7-720QM, 8GB DDR3-1333 RAM, ATI 5730 1GB, Seagate 500GB Momentus XT and Seagate 500GB HDDs @ 7200rpm, Sandisk Ultra II SDHC 16GB card for backup,Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200)

My N71JQ backlit keyboard mode: N71JQ backlight Keyboard implementation

Notebook Evangelist

While ranked #1 in terms of having the lowest RMA rate in 2009, its quality varies from model to model, and the efficacy of its after sales service (and customer support) varies from country to country. If you can be more specific, as in which dimensions of quality you're concerned with, and in context of which models, I'm sure people, far more experienced than me, would gladly shed some light on it.
    Office: |Gigabyte P34G V2|
    Backup:| Alienware M11x R2 |
    Desktop:|Custom Build: | Intel i5 3470 | ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 | EVGA GeForce 660 GT FTW 3GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | Samsung 256 SSD | 7200 Samsung 1TB | 27" FHD Samsung | Win7 Ultimate| Corsair 750W PSU |

Notebook Enthusiast

Your real experiences are very helpful, thanks.

Regarding any target of my concern - partly it's just a general concern because I've not used an Asus.

More specifically I wonder about keyboard quality. I also am concerned with general durability because I need my next laptop to last 4 years or so and I carry it back and forth from office - to class - to home every day.

I will be using it in the USA.

Notebook Evangelist

Dont be mislead by the numerous Asus G73JH series RMA's. Generally Asus is good but something went wrong with the current G73's

Notebook Evangelist

The most neutral way of looking at it is the warranty they offer. In most cases you will get a 2 year warranty and 1 year accidental warranty.

Companies do not last by putting out a worse product and offering longer warranties than their competitors. Unless the product was grossly overpriced, but then who would buy it?

I have owned 3 notebooks in my lifetime, none being Asus. But I want to own an Asus Currently eyeing the N Series.

Notebook Consultant

Even the G73 is pretty reliable. The guys who didn't have any GSOD/PSOD issues in the beginning are running 6+ months without a hitch. The stupid overheating issue is another story :-
    Asus G73JH for Sale or Trade
    Trade for: M11X, M15X. Sale for cash.

Banned

its due to bad thermal paste application in Asus factory usually so really its not laptops fault but the fault of the people who assemble it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast