Quantcast Best Buy exclusive contract with WIDI is over in June, any Asus coming with WIDI in June?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default Best Buy exclusive contract with WIDI is over in June, any Asus coming with WIDI in June?

I know Best Buy has the exclusive contract for Intel Wireless Display Technology (WIDI) with three of their "Blue Label" laptops (Dell, Sony, Toshiba). I just had to return for the third time the Dell version (orginially purchased in Febuary. This time the actual wireless card melted the plastic.

I heard Asus is the most reliable manufacture out there, does anyone know if Asus is going to come out soon with:

1) Intel Wireless Display (WIDI) laptop
    2) lighted keyboard
    3) I5 processor

luckly Best Buy took care of it and issues me a store credit for the full amount of the laptop. But, with that I would have to purchase it through best buy.

Anything in the rumor mills around here to suggest that Asus is coming out sometime in June with those 3 specs?

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Best Buy exclusive contract with WIDI is over in June, any Asus coming with WIDI in June?

Quote Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
    I know Best Buy has the exclusive contract for Intel Wireless Display Technology (WIDI) with three of their "Blue Label" laptops (Dell, Sony, Toshiba). I just had to return for the third time the Dell version (orginially purchased in Febuary. This time the actual wireless card melted the plastic.

I heard Asus is the most reliable manufacture out there, does anyone know if Asus is going to come out soon with:

1) Intel Wireless Display (WIDI) laptop
    2) lighted keyboard
    3) I5 processor

luckly Best Buy took care of it and issues me a store credit for the full amount of the laptop. But, with that I would have to purchase it through best buy.

Anything in the rumor mills around here to suggest that Asus is coming out sometime in June with those 3 specs?
    i5 and backlit keyboards are nothing new, but there's no word about the WIDI feature.