Quantcast How to check Asus notebook warranty info?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default How to check Asus notebook warranty info?

hi,
    I bought a new Asus laptop, and I want to know about its warranty time? How to check that?. of course that I know it's 2 years from date when I bought, but I still want to check it online to know for sure. I email to Asus support:
    Hi,
    I want to know about my laptop's warranty info? I know that it's 2 year from the day
    when I bought it, but can you please check it( check its S/N) to confirm that my laptop's
    warranty will expire on June 8th 2011?
    thanks!
    and they answer:
    Asus guarantees that the Asus Notebook that you have purchased are free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the Limited Warranty Period. The Limited Warranty Period starts from the date of purchase. Your sales receipt, showing the date of purchase , is your purchase date proof . You may be required by our Service Centers or Authorized Service Providers to present a proof of purchase as a condition of receiving warranty service.
    So please keep the receipt and the warranty card.
    ok, but if laptop which I bought is not a new 100%? how to check that its warranty time is 2 years?

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: How to check Asus notebook warranty info?

If you don't have the original receipt good luck. Proof of purchase is required and if the previous owner registered the laptop in their name then all warranty claims must go though them.

NBR Random Reviewer

Once the notebook is registered, the warranty info is stored in Asus's database.

You do NOT have to go through the previous owner for any of your warranty claims if you've purchased a used Asus notebook. Asus goes with the serial number and date of purchase to determine your warranty status.

Whether you purchased your unit as new or used, you should be able call Asus and ask about your warranty status.
    ASUS U36JC-A1 w/ Intel 6300 wifi || G.Skill 256GB SSD
    Dell Latitude E6400 (company laptop) w/ Intel P8600 || 160GB HDD || 4GB Ram || Nvidia Quadro 160M
    Canon 5DMKII || 24-70mm f/2.8L || 70-200mm f/2.8L IS VII|| 100mm 2.8L Macro || 430EX II
    flickr

NBR Procrastinator

One thing to keep in mind, if you don't supply a receipt they may take the date of production as the date of start of the warranty, rather than the date of purchase.

Additionally, they could of course decide to cause problems because you don't have the receipt, but I think it's unlikely.
    Notebooks: ASUS F6Ve --- W7Sg --- V6J --- M6BNe
    Read before posting in ASUS: The Info Booth
    Guides: WinXP Install, Optimize Vista, Tips & Tricks, BIOS Update
    Reviews: ASUS F6Ve, ASUS W7S/g, Compaq C710ED, ASUS A8He