Quantcast ASUS M5N - How do I disable touchpad?

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    STK
    STK is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    24

    Default ASUS M5N - How do I disable touchpad?

    I love this thing except when I type the thumb brushes touchpad which sends my next typed letter to wherever the cursor is! There is a FN button (F9) which is supposed to disable the touchpad -- but I have been unable to make that work. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Notebook Retailer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    8,782
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Fn + F9

    Thanks,
    Justin
    PROPortable
    www.proportable.com
    justin@proportable.com

  3. #3
    STK
    STK is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    quote:
    Originally posted by PROPortable
    [br]Fn + F9

    Thanks,
    Justin
    PROPortable
    www.proportable.com
    justin@proportable.com


  4. #4
    STK
    STK is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    [quote]Originally posted by PROPortable
    [br]Fn + F9

    Thanks,
    Justin
    PROPortable
    www.proportable.com
    justin@proportable.com

    I've tried that without success.

  5. #5
    Notebook Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,498
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    I assume you have the synaptics stuff installed...
    did you uninstall/reinstall the ATK0100 drivers?

    ASUS M6800Ne, P-M 1.5 Dothan, 512MB Ram, Tohiba Combo drive, Samsung Spinpoint M 40G HDD with 8M cache, Mobility Radeon 9700

  6. #6
    STK
    STK is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    quote:
    Originally posted by AuroraS
    [br]I assume you have the synaptics stuff installed...
    did you uninstall/reinstall the ATK0100 drivers?

    ASUS M6800Ne, P-M 1.5 Dothan, 512MB Ram, Tohiba Combo drive, Samsung Spinpoint M 40G HDD with 8M cache, Mobility Radeon 9700



    No. I have not reinstalled anything. What is the "symaptics stuff"?

  7. #7
    Notebook Retailer
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    8,782
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Actually, you don't need the touchpad software installed... but rather you need the drivers installed to run the function keys.... it's on the drivers disk.



    Thanks,
    Justin
    PROPortable
    www.proportable.com
    justin@proportable.com

  8. #8
    STK
    STK is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    [quote]Originally posted by PROPortable
    [br]Actually, you don't need the touchpad software installed... but rather you need the drivers installed to run the function keys.... it's on the drivers disk.


    Thanks! I'll check on that.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1