Quantcast Asus UX31E Zenbook/Ultrabook Owners Lounge - Page 31

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Default Re: Asus UX31E Zenbook/Ultrabook Owners Lounge

Found this place while browsing for trouble shooting info on the UX31.

The main issue I'm having is occasionally the unit won't boot up from sleep mode. I haven't uninstalled any of the preinstalled software like power4gear and yet when I power it up the power, capslock and wifi (on the F2 button) led's are lit but nothing else happens.

Anyone else seen this issue before? Any suggestions for a fix? Beyond frustrating.

Thanks

only time i have trouble with waking it up from sleep is if i try to "wake it" before it has completely entered sleep mode.

From you close the lid til it enters sleep mode (the led on the right side goes from constant til blinking) in my zenbook is almost 40 seconds.. If i try to wake it up before these 40 seconds has passed, I get no response.

Maybe this is the problem?

Thanks DrDoogie but now definitely not the situation.

In fact, it seems my difficulties were just a prelude to the unit simply not powering up anymore. Have called Asus and they're going to pick it up tomorrow to take it to a local service center.

overheating - possible ux31e dh-72 problem?
    when i'm performing some heavy tasks, or sometimes when i play some games ( rarely ) cpu is very hot, top temp for me was 85 Celsius, fan at 5000rpm

i know that this laptop is not designed for heavy work, gaming etc, but should i worry about high temperature?

damnit.....i have an N61JQ-X2, but i am LUSTING for a zenbook.......badly :-)

Without cross-posting, I would like to ask to ASUS UX31E owners who had the motherboard replaced if they have still experienced the "dead after entering into sleep mode" issue.

More details in my post here:
    UX31 Completely DEAD! Help.

Notebook Guru

hi so, i now have the notebook for a bit more then 2 weeks and it is a very nice machine. And the keyboard isn't as bad as i read, i do make a lot of typos but not more then on my ex-netbook.
    The only thing is when typing a lot i use a external mouse, because else when y am typing the cursor moves around a lot, because i touch it with my arm not knowing.
    But further a great machine!

Hi,

Brand new here and I am finding this forum very difficult to navigate. I tried searching for the problem I am having using several different search terms with no luck, so I apologize if this question has been answered.

I just purchased the UX31E several weeks ago and love the machine. I was hesitant to get a machine without an optical drive, but, it is for my wife and weight was important ... she was suggesting a Mac .... noooooo.

Anyway, the recent updates from MS on April 10 threw the Zenbook out of wack, it would hang up on restart and I really did not know what else to do but reinstall from the recovery partition.

My main question is how do I reinstall using disc images I have created on an external hard drive? I am an old dvd user used to just booting from there. I really don't want to buy a usb optical drive unless I have to. I was prompted by the ASUS wizard to create a recovery disk, but since I have no optical drive on the machine I had to decline. I am pretty sure this is an easy fix, but, well, I need help. Please be gentle.

Thanks in advance

Hi-

Sorry for the post in the middle of another conversation. I haven't been able to find any information on this so I thought I'd ask before I start buying expensive cables to test it out.

I want to run video-out to two external monitors from my ASUS UX31, but I can't find out if it's possible to use both the mini-VGA and the micro-HDMI to do that.

Can anyone give me a detailed explanation on whether or not this is possible, and why or why not?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help.

Notebook Enthusiast

Yes you can connect both.