Quantcast Asus G53SX Owners Lounge - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Asus G53SX Owners Lounge

Hi Guys,

I have received my ASUS G53SX-XN1 few days ago. THE Sound quality of this laptop is damn poor. guys what do you think of the sound quality of this model?
    Last edited by nealloy1981; 30th January 2012 at 07:14 PM.

Notebook Evangelist

Hi is there any body here.......

Notebook Evangelist

My G53SX-XN1 makes continuous noise compare to my previous HP Pavillion DV6-2106EA. i have tried to put my hand next to the vent but didn't really feel that air is coming through. so why is this sound for? is it hard drive making sound or continuous fan running. has anyone got this machine with continuous sound? I have checked the windows task manager and found lots of process running. i have uploaded the image in three photos. someone please advice me as this sound is giving me headache.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Process 1st part.PNG   Process 2nd Part.JPG   Process 3rd.JPG  
    ASUS G53SX-XN1: Core i7 2630QM, 500GB Momentus XT+500gb Momentus HDD, 8GB RAM 1333mHz, 2GB NVIDIA GTX 560M DDR5 GPU. 3DMARK06:14159
    WEI: 7.5,7.6,7.1,7.1,5.9 respectively
    ---------------------------------
    HP PAVILION DV6-2106EA-Dual Boot(Vista Ultimate & Windows 7 Ultimate)-Core i7 720QM 8GB DDR3,15.6" High-Def(1366 x 768 Pixels) LED BrightView Display,nVidia GeForce GT 230M with 1024MB DDR3,500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
    WEI Rating in Vista: 5.6
    3DMark06 in Vista: 6800

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nealloy1981 View Post
    My G53SX-XN1 makes continuous noise compare to my previous HP Pavillion DV6-2106EA. i have tried to put my hand next to the vent but didn't really feel that air is coming through. so why is this sound for? is it hard drive making sound or continuous fan running. has anyone got this machine with continuous sound? I have checked the windows task manager and found lots of process running. i have uploaded the image in three photos. someone please advice me as this sound is giving me headache.
    That doesn't really help, continuous sound? Describe the sound? Is it a buzzing sound or clicking sound or any other? Perhaps a video would help better?

Notebook Enthusiast

Does anyone have a schematic on this model. I just got mine and want to put in a SSD and a new Blu-Ray. The only thing I have found is on YouTube and it's a complete disassemble, where he just removes everything at once. It would really help if I knew which screw I was after. Why would they supplu the extra HDD screws if they didn't want you to get one in there?

On the ASUS DVD and also preinstalled comes a PDF called eManual. There it is described in details how to install/remove HDDs. However I warn you it's pretty tough to get to. There are give or take 25 screws On my last laptop there were 2 screws and you were there!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Even when the fan is seemingly off it still makes a little noise. I've come to believe that it's actually never off, and that it is still blowing very subtly.
    Still it is very quiet. Especially in games it is nowhere near as loud as my previous lappy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealloy1981 View Post

Hey everyone, just got my G53SX-NH71 a week back and have had no complaints about the performance. Just wanted to ask 2 question regarding this NB.
    1. Are the speakers in the laptop changeable cause ASUS hasn't put a good sounding speaker system in their g53 range??

2. When the computer comes out from sleep or hibernation, i see a green screen for a split second and then the log-in screen comes on. Its not an annoying issue but I would like to get it resolved. I just updated to the nvidia 295.73 drivers. Any suggestions? (SOLVED!! Just install 295.73 drivers and its resolved. I hope it dosent occur again)

Hope someone can help me. Haffun all and enjoy ur G53's!
    Last edited by ompuri; 23rd February 2012 at 04:15 PM.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by jnovello View Post
    Does anyone have a schematic on this model. I just got mine and want to put in a SSD and a new Blu-Ray. The only thing I have found is on YouTube and it's a complete disassemble, where he just removes everything at once. It would really help if I knew which screw I was after. Why would they supplu the extra HDD screws if they didn't want you to get one in there?
    On this particular laptop, we affectionately call it a "Chinese puzzle box" as the first time I ever got into one, it wasn't plainly obvious how to remove the bottom panel.

In order to remove the bottom panel to get to your HDD bays, you will have to gently remove the keyboard, and then the palm rest/touchpad before you can get to the screws to remove the bottom of the laptop. I know the video you found shows a total dis-assembly and that is almost what you will need to do. Just watch the first part until they remove the bottom cover, that should be all you will need to do.

Just be careful with keyboard and touchpad ribbon removal. Also, the little slide latch at the bottom right, after keyboard removal does take a little bit of pressure after the screw is out to get that lock to slide over.

Let us know how it goes if you decide to go through with it. It really isn't bad if you have the know how and the right tools.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ompuri View Post
    Hey everyone, just got my G53SX-NH71 a week back and have had no complaints about the performance. Just wanted to ask 2 question regarding this NB.
    1. Are the speakers in the laptop changeable cause ASUS hasn't put a good sounding speaker system in their g53 range??

2. When the computer comes out from sleep or hibernation, i see a green screen for a split second and then the log-in screen comes on. Its not an annoying issue but I would like to get it resolved. I just updated to the nvidia 295.73 drivers. Any suggestions? (SOLVED!! Just install 295.73 drivers and its resolved. I hope it dosent occur again)

Hope someone can help me. Haffun all and enjoy ur G53's!
    Unfortunately, I believe you are stuck with the speakers that came built into your laptop. You could connect a pair of external speakers to it if that helps.

Have you tried going to Control Panel > Sound > select your output devices > Enhancements tab and checked the boxes next to Equalizer and Loudness Equalization? It does help to improve the volume level a bit.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast