Quantcast * Asus N61JQ Owners Lounge * - Page 294

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: * Asus N61JQ Owners Lounge *

Notebook Deity

Default Re: * Asus N61JQ Owners Lounge *

Quote Originally Posted by LordDavon View Post
    I put my ear up to mine for a while and could not hear anything. After a while I think I heard the N61 say , "What the eff are you doing?!". Needless to say, I stopped. ;-)

I think one thing that we may want to do is start grabbing some system information from an application that can look at the systems hardware and installed applications. I am wondering if there was a batch that was built with a different set of components or an application that can cause some of these issues. If we can find a common app for use to use, it may help. Just a thought.
    After we start grabbing some of the N61's system information, then what will we hear the N61 say, "Screw the sony F series?".
    Last edited by allyw123; 7th April 2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Laptop-Asus N61JQ-X1 ( Enough Said!)
    Desktop- Didgital Storm Core i7 965 Extreme @3.20GHz|6gb 1333 ddr3| 2 500gb 7200rpm|Nividia GeForce GTX-280|Blu-ray combo

Notebook Deity

Risco, I put your BSOD checking link in the BSOD section of the first page. David and Adamal I posted your generous offer to help with BSOD's right below that. If any of you have a problem with that my delete button is working great so just let me know.
    Desktop- Didgital Storm Core i7 965 Extreme @3.20GHz|6gb 1333 ddr3| 2 500gb 7200rpm|Nividia GeForce GTX-280|Blu-ray combo

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by allyw123 View Post
    Ok so we don't turn this into a Sony F series or HP DV-whatever lets be a little more specific. If we are not carefull reporting noises people will jump to conclusions and all of a sudden you have a mountain out of a mole hill. Once I can determine exactly the extent of your noise problem I will post it in the issues section of the first page.
    Given that a computer is a machine with moving parts it will make some sort of noise. I will say that compared to most laptops I have used I would describe the N61 as whisper quiet. But if I concentrate on it or put my ear up to it I can hear some noise. Does it concern or bother me in any way? Not at all. So can you describe how loud it is. Does it bother you. Is it louder than an average Laptop?
    I am not trying to invalidate your posting in any way. I welcome all reports of problems so that as a group we can try and get to the bottom of it. But I hear a noise,and I hear it too, does not give us much to work with.
    We have had a few others report this before only to later say that its really not loud and maybe they were just paranoid from a previous laptop(Sony F series!). If your noise is really bothersome I think there is a problem with it based on all the feedback we have had so far. I wonder if hearing a noise on the left side is because of the air vent ?
    I have some decent recording gear...I'll try to record it...

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by matty429 View Post
    I have some decent recording gear...I'll try to record it...
    Thank's matty.

Notebook Enthusiast

Thank's matty.
    Squeal mp3 zipped....watch out...I boosted the gain...turn your speakers down...

just for the sake of argument I captured the audio while the N61 was running Ubuntu 10.04

So we know it's not a windows thing...I believe its a bad capacitior..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by matty429 View Post
    Squeal mp3 zipped....watch out...I boosted the gain...turn your speakers down...

just for the sake of argument I captured the audio while the N61 was running Ubuntu 10.04

So we know it's not a windows thing...I believe its a bad capacitior..
    Thank's for the recording Matty. So would anyone who has this squeal please let us know. Please don't post to say that you don't have it. I will add all of these to the first page.

Notebook Enthusiast

Thank's for the recording Matty. So would anyone who has this squeal please let us know. Please don't post to say that you don't have it. I will add all of these to the first page.
    You too can have the squeal! for only 3 easy payments of 19.95....Just turn your laptop speakers all the way up and loop my patented sound file in the background! BAM! the N61JQ experience in your very own home!

Notebook Enthusiast

Yes, that's the sound I have. Thanks for recording that.

Notebook Consultant

perhaps my high range hearing damage is the reason but I mostly hear the hum of the fan. I can pick up maybe a slight trace of a squeal but looks like I won't be bugged by this .

(btw: my check cleared! Woohoo! Hopefully I'll have it in my hands by the end of next week.)
    mobile: Asus N61JQ-A1

desktop: i7 930, eVGA X58 FTW3, Asus EAH5870 V.2, 6GB (3x2gb) Corsair Dominator, C-M HAF-X, Corsair HX-1000W, 80gb Intel X25-M (OS and select programs), 2x 750GB WD Black [Matrix RAID - 100GB RAID0 (programs), 700GB RAID1 (data)]

Notebook Consultant

Fudge. First bsod. Somebody look to this one. I have no idea what caused it. I was gaming a while ago. Then after 5 minutes I tried putting this thing into sleep, then boom, bsod.

Here's the dump.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zdbrejnnmq0

EDIT: I found this one. Bluescreenview. Apparently it showed that the crash was caused by the graphics driver. What is this? Heating? or something?

Last edited by scias23; 8th April 2010 at 05:39 AM.

Goodbye: HP Pavilion DV2775ee - Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.50GHz 6 MB Level 2 cache, 4GB DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 250 GB HDD

"I'm a thermal dork."