Quantcast * Asus N61JQ Owners Lounge * - Page 291

Like Tree8Likes

Thread: * Asus N61JQ Owners Lounge *

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: * Asus N61JQ Owners Lounge *

Quote Originally Posted by caaznkid View Post
    Does anyone hear a sort of high pitched beeping sound coming from the left side of the laptop? Its a really high frequency sound. Any idea as to what it might be? The hp dv6t that I returned also had this noise, but it was louder.
    Did you ever get that high pitched sound fixed? I am hearing the same noise and I thought it was just me.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by trungo13 View Post
    Did you ever get that high pitched sound fixed? I am hearing the same noise and I thought it was just me.
    I have it also...

Quote Originally Posted by LordDavon View Post
    Here are some pics of the slight peeling on my system. You can see it just to the left of the touchpad. I am not sure if this is being caused by my laptop bag or resting the laptop against my shirt when it is in my lap. I usually use the laptop while sitting in a recliner.

I couldn't get the camera to take a really close picture so I am going to try another camera so you can see it better. It is almost like a glossy plastic coating that the laptop has on it.

This is the first laptop that I have owned that is having this issue. I have used the same laptop bag for all of my 15-17" laptops (I have had it for about 10years). As well, I sit with all of them the same way.
    I am having the same issue, which started at the corners an have worked their way into the front edge. Probably due to using my laptop backpack daily. Has anyone called Asus about this and will they repair it?

Notebook Retailer

Yes, if you call ASUS Support they will issue an RMA to return it for repair.
    Donald@PowerNotebooks.com | Phone: 877-711-1777 - CALL US FOR NOTEBOOKREVIEW ACTIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS

Custom Built Sager, MSI, PowerPro, ASUS and Alienware Laptop computers, and Custom Built Crown Desktop Computers
    ResellerRatings.com Customer Satisfaction Rating = 10/10 - Better Business Bureau A+ Rated

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle View Post
    I am having the same issue, which started at the corners an have worked their way into the front edge. Probably due to using my laptop backpack daily. Has anyone called Asus about this and will they repair it?
    I sent in my laptop because of the peeling...well and some other things my first RMA. I do not find it acceptable for a 1100 dollar laptop to peel within one week. My peeling was pretty bad compared to other people though. and I did not remove it from backpack daily or anything like that.
    Asus N61JQ-A1 - Intel Core i7-720QM | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | 4GB RAM | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Adamal View Post
    Windows 3.1 I remember those days. That was when games came in two flavors DOS or Windows. I remember saying who in their right mind would run a game in Windows.

I did read your whole post, I promise. What I was trying to get at in my normal terrible way, is that the driver conflict shouldn't occur. The driver is loaded and unloaded as needed without a reboot. I guess we all have those old habits and we continue them just so we don't have any issues.
    I have only had to manually uninstall ATI drivers once in Win 7, on my desktop PC. I installed a Catalyst update for my TV tuner card which somehow caused the device type to be changed to a different type. Since the newer driver (Unified AVStream) actually made my card perform worse than before, I wanted to reinstall the old driver but wasn't able to since it could not identify my now-changed device ID in the list of supported devices in the driver (I have no idea how this happened). Removing the card in Device Manager and doing the old safe mode/Driver Cleaner Pro routine allowed me to install the older driver.

If you do a lot of driver tweaking, messing with registry settings, etc., you may benefit from a cleaning (I think some settings may persist from one version to the next, which may create problems). If you never touch the settings, like me, a plain over-the-top install works.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by paladin44 View Post
    Yes, if you call ASUS Support they will issue an RMA to return it for repair.
    Donald...hows it going bro...working your guys overtime ? Asus should have a good 2nd quarter profit I bet :P
    Asus N61JQ-A1 - Intel Core i7-720QM | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | 4GB RAM | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by tbrocato View Post
    I sent in my laptop because of the peeling...well and some other things my first RMA. I do not find it acceptable for a 1100 dollar laptop to peel within one week. My peeling was pretty bad compared to other people though. and I did not remove it from backpack daily or anything like that.
    How's your system doing now? Any signs of peeling?

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle View Post
    How's your system doing now? Any signs of peeling?
    Unfortunately Ramen, I had to send it in a 2nd RMA for other issues but for about 3 hours I did not notice any peeling lol
    The 2nd lid enclosure they installed looked to better quality than my first one though.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by matty429 View Post
    I have it also...
    Are you planning on sending it in and getting it checked out?