Quantcast Asus G73jh Blinking Battery Led

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Asus G73jh Blinking Battery Led

Hi,

About a week ago I found my battery led flashing in orange. I ve been using the notebook with both battery and AC on for a long time (yeah I know its the reason nvm). I can use the notebook on battery if I start it with the AC on and then unplug the adapter. However it does not start windows with only battery on. Is it dead already?

Last edited by emreowski; 1st April 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Believe, Achieve, Receive

Default Re: Asus G73jh Blinking Battery Led

Mine did this for a while and it was not the battery but it was not charging correctly.

That wear is very high but I dont think that is giving you a true reading the best thing to do is to fully charge the battery and then stick it on a prime test to drain the battery and when it hits the shut down limit around 5-7% shut it down and then fire it back up and let it sit in the BIOS Setup F2 until it completely shuts down when it hits 0% and then recharge it completely while it is off and the recheck the wear and see if that works.

Its the best way I find to calibrate a battery and my voltage jumped up by 2volts when I did this on my netbook because is was way out of sync.

Bitfenix Prodigy + Recon - Review - ASRock Z77e, I7-3770k @ 4.5ghz, 16GB HyperX Genesis 1866, Seasonic 520, 240GB HyperX SSD, Palit Jetstream GTX 770 @ 1172/2000/1224

Asus UX21E Ultra Slim - Intel I5-2467 @ 1.6ghz, 4GB 1333, 128GB Sandisk U100, HD 3000

Asus G73JH-RBBX - Links / Clevo Vortex II P170HM - Review / Alienware M11x R3 - Review

Notebook Consultant

I will give it a try, thanks for the reply

Notebook Consultant

although the battery seemed to have 80-90% power available, the notebook shut itself down without giving any warning after 30 minutes. again on BIOS screen it shutted down in less than 15 secs. the battery does not seem to be empty after plugging in the adapter. the led went completely dark after charging around 88%. it is not blinking anymore, no light at all after charging to this level. it seemed orange until charging up to this level as normal, but no green light at all any suggestions?

On the way out

Your current capacity seems low compared to mine. Did any of your stats change after the calibration suggested by Yiddo? Do know someone that will swap batteries with you temporarily to test the charging circutry in your machine?
    (have you cleaned the contact points on the machine and the battery? )
    ~@ Yiddo finally go the Zalman 3000S - very happy with it! Kudos for your recommendation!
    Last edited by JOSEA; 15th July 2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Space open for rent
    Spoiler :
    Asus G73JH 8 GB RAM, Intel SSD + Sandisk SSD
    Sager NP2740 (Clevo W740SU) 16 GB RAM, Crucial M500, win 7 ORDERED from GentechPC _Arrived 2-6-2014 !!!
    http://www.flushthetpp.org//
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3176215060

Notebook Consultant

I agree something is not right.

Here is my screen shot and I show allot less issues.

for the past 18 months, I plug my laptop into power for 10 hours at work and 3 hours at home.

Just so you have an idea of the uses..

I how the calibrate helps you out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails battery level.jpg  

Notebook Consultant

It started blinking again, now it does not charge over %82.9
    On startup icon I see an estimate of 3 hours and 3 minutes, just about doubled the normal time lol. Probably it will shut down in about 30 minutes

Edit: it lasted around 15 minutes, not even 30 And the i cannot reach to bios screen after that level, it just shuts itself down. After plugging in, it shows the battery level on 40%. And the wear level increased significantly. Apparently i need to try a different battery

Wear level changes each time i plug out the adapter and replug it back. Doesnt make sense lol
    Last edited by emreowski; 4th April 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Notebook Consultant

Likely your battery failing (mine did exactly the same thing).

That being said, you can try to reset the battery and see if that helps. Do whatever you have to do to run the battery totally dry (turn off any Windows warnings, or find something to use a lot of power in DOS mode). Then charge it back to full. It should fix up any weird reporting, but at the same time, remember your battery is possibly dying.

As I said, this exact thing happened to me. My battery started going weird, reporting odd charge and wear levels. Lights would blink, light would go off. Eventually it cleared up, but my wife ran my laptop on battery for a while and totally destroyed it. I had another battery I could use to test, and the blinking stopped, and charged normally. I ended up just buying a new one.
    Current: MSI GT70. Intel i7-3610QM. Nvidia Geforce GTX 670M.
    Backup: Asus G73JH-A1. Intel i7-720QM. ATI Radeon HD5870.

Believe, Achieve, Receive

Quote Originally Posted by JOSEA View Post
    ~@ Yiddo finally go the Zalman 3000S - very happy with it! Kudos for your recommendation!
    Nice I love mine.

@op after calibration your wear is still too high I would say that is a failing battery as mentioned above it looks as though it needs replacing. You could try to old stick it in a waterproof bag in a freezer trick and see if that works but its only a gamble mostly and wont replace a new battery.

Bitfenix Prodigy + Recon - Review - ASRock Z77e, I7-3770k @ 4.5ghz, 16GB HyperX Genesis 1866, Seasonic 520, 240GB HyperX SSD, Palit Jetstream GTX 770 @ 1172/2000/1224

Asus UX21E Ultra Slim - Intel I5-2467 @ 1.6ghz, 4GB 1333, 128GB Sandisk U100, HD 3000

Asus G73JH-RBBX - Links / Clevo Vortex II P170HM - Review / Alienware M11x R3 - Review

Notebook Consultant

Another problem is that I am not able to drain all the power from the battery, it does not go down from 40% level. After this level, it shuts down even on the bios screen.

Thanks for the replies Didnt heard the freezer trick before, I will give it a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast