Quantcast G73SW wireless problems.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default G73SW wireless problems.

Hi,

I just recieved my G73SW today, and I am having some major wireless issues.

My laptop isn't even acting like it has a wireless card. I don't see the 'wireless bars' typical on a laptop or wireless device, I only see the little monitor with a plug symbol on it like you do on non-wireless devices.

I've clicked on and off and on and off the Fn+F2 settings with F2 and through the taskbar, my little 'LAN tower' light up thing lights up and off when I mess with the F2...

I've checked the devices and drivers and such and the only thing I have seen that may seem off is some random Realtek LAN driver said it didn't have drivers, but I don't know if that is the problem.

I've troubleshooted, looked for a manual switch on the case, and done everything except uninstall stuff.

Should I uninstall the ASUS Wireless Connection 3 thing it came installed with and let Win7 take over or something?

I have a driver disk that came with the packaging, but I don't know if that'll help. I'm tired of pushing buttons that I don't know what they'll do or installing/uninstalling and having issues, so if anyone can give a definite answer that'd be awesome.

Sacred Blame

Default Re: G73SW wireless problems.

First thing, check in device manager if your wi-fi card is listed there. Under network adapters. It's probably an atheros ARxxxx wireless adapter. If it isn't listed, open the back panel and re-seat it. If you still don't see it try re-installing the drivers. The wireless console shouldn't cause problems, unless your wi-fi adapter is disabled of course .
    Current: Precision M6700¦3720qm¦2x240GB SSD + 256GB mSATA¦32GB DDR3 1600MHz¦Firepro M6000
    Previous: Asus G73Jh-A2¦920xm¦160GB G3 + 7K750¦Chastity vBios¦ICD7 + 0.5mm pads¦Intel 6300
    Secondary: Elitebook 2760p¦2410m¦250GB SSD¦8 GB DDR3¦HD 3000

Notebook Enthusiast

Okay...Network Adapters...

I see...

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

...that doesn't sound like Atheros... >.>

Also, under 'other devices', and I'm not sure if this matters, but 'network controller' shows up with a yellow triangle exclaimation point sign and under the main device list thing, my laptop shows up as 'needing troubleshooting'.

What does all that mean?

Sacred Blame

Quote Originally Posted by ALLurGroceries View Post
    It sounds like you need to reinstall your wireless driver.

I think it's azurewave that you have

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download G73Sw
    That.

/10chars
    Current: Precision M6700¦3720qm¦2x240GB SSD + 256GB mSATA¦32GB DDR3 1600MHz¦Firepro M6000
    Previous: Asus G73Jh-A2¦920xm¦160GB G3 + 7K750¦Chastity vBios¦ICD7 + 0.5mm pads¦Intel 6300
    Secondary: Elitebook 2760p¦2410m¦250GB SSD¦8 GB DDR3¦HD 3000

DCx
    Banned!

Maybe you hit fn-f2 and turned it off by accident.

Courtesy of Chastity, all your g73 JH/JW driver needs here.

This Year: n10j (sold!) / g73jh-a1 (Ret'd) / g51jx (gone!) / g73jh-a2 / acer 752 / 3196126. Last Year: asus 1000ha (sold!) / hp dv2 (sold!) / Studio 1557 i7-720qm (massive fail) / g51vx (upgraded to g51j)

Notebook Enthusiast

I don't understand why people even bother trolling in forums like these...

Anyway...

I connected my laptop to the internet with a cable and ASUS automatically updated a lot of stuff while I was searching for the correct drivers for my wireless problem...

I went ahead and used the azurewatch download, which shows up as the atheros driver, but whatever...

All I had done was download that, and ASUS was done with it's updates and told me to reboot, figured I'd mess with drivers after I saw if ASUS fixed it themselves...

No...they did not...

In fact, now my backlit keyboard is broken, my Power4Gear power management options are broken, and I still have no wireless...just bars...yay, bars...

EDIT: Pizza came, had to set the laptop down...

After closing it and then opening it again, not restarting it, the backlit keyboard is suddenly working again.

Also, when I restart the laptop the first thing that pops up on the desktop is 3 or 4 errors that say things like 'You must be on an ASUS to use that' or 'ATK 0100 must be installed'...

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ALLurGroceries View Post
    Reinstall the atk package.

Don't use asus live update - it's not good.
    I'm unsure of where that driver is located at to uninstall it...

Also, I now have 3 network adaptors.

EDIT: The installer also has the uninstaller. I'm good.

Go to the page I linked earlier: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download G73Sw

Download the ATK package, the first time you should select remove/uninstall.

Then reboot and reinstall it. Should be gravy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast