Quantcast Asus G73 in Dubai

Closed Thread

Default Asus G73 in Dubai

Gentlemen,

I really didn't want to create a new thread, but old ones didn't help and they are closed, so I couldn't actually ask my question there.

So, I've been to emirates mall, dubai mall, marina mall - electronics stores there make dummy faces when I aks them bout asus laptops. Stupid losers. Is there a place in Dubai where I can buy dis ? I need g73jw-3de preferably.

Thanks guys!

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Asus G73 in Dubai

Hey, I live in dubai too, The G73JW is available in computer plaza also known as Alain Center in bur Dubai.
    Mall Directory Website: ..:: Al-Ain Centre ::..
    You can also get it at Sharaf DG in City Center or Times Square mall. (Also Timesquare Mall has this policy of giving you the product for free if they cannot acquire it for you). Mind you, the price difference between the USA and Dubai is insane. I would rather recommend just buying it from XoticPC.com or BTOtech.com or Excalibur.com and have them Internationally shipped for $150 (AED 500). You would be saving atleast $500-600 even withe the shipping and the 5% customs duty. And ofcourse you get the Asus 2 Year Global Warranty which is also valid in Dubai (I checked with the Asus Customer Service in Dubai).

Although my advice to you would be to go for the G73Sw with the sandyBridge processor. they are the newer ones. I am personally waiting for G73 to be upgraded with either the GTX 5 series video card or the AMD 6000 series which will happen maybe end of this year. A BIG maybe at that, but I will wait regardless.

Good Luck

Hey pal, hi!

Thanks for the advice. I also ran across this Al Ain center somewhere on the web. Wanted to check it out next week maybe. Purchasing from xoticpc is an option, yeah, but are you sure it'll only add some 150 usd to the unit price? Cuz i read couple of threads, guys say delivery to uae can add as much as 500 usd. And 5% customs duty is calculated from the declared value of the shipment?

The eternal question - to wait or to go for it is so eternal I'd also go for SW, but i really want to experience 3d tech and a better lcd. This is something important. Best option would be, of course, sw + 3de...

hey vega55 i suggest you get the g73 from the local malls here in dubai. i got my g73jh a1 March 2010 ordered from btotech and cost me 7200 dhms for the payment via wire transfer (price of the unit + shipping fee). the package consists of the g73unit, gaming mouse and back pack. i waited 5 long days before it arrived(bto sent it via ups)

last month i went to jumbo in deira city center and saw the g73jw selling for only 6950dhms on same package but with additional freebies of a gaming headset + 500gb hard disk + 4gb usb . and i think (if youre lucky),you can even get a free printer if you demand from the sales rep since youre getting a pretty expensive unit plus it's also dsf

but if you want something to be upgraded on the lappy's hardware, then i guess it is better to order it from the resellers online because i personally believe they're more competent than the techs in asus' service center here in dubai.

so far i've been a happy owner of the g73 and i don't regret getting it from btotech last year. hope this helps

HEY live evil, thanks a lot bro!

7200 aed is a little less than 2k usd, so the price is ok, but i don't exactly understand you - u're saying i'd better get it from the local mall, but then you got it from online reseller? btotech is an online shop right?

BTW, do you mean Jumbo in Al Ain center in Deira? U see, I'm only a couple of weeks here, so location names are a bit confusing...

Anyway thanks a lot!

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by vega55 View Post

7200 aed is a little less than 2k usd, so the price is ok, but i don't exactly understand you - u're saying i'd better get it from the local mall, but then you got it from online reseller? btotech is an online shop right?

BTW, do you mean Jumbo in Al Ain center in Deira? U see, I'm only a couple of weeks here, so location names are a bit confusing...

Anyway thanks a lot!
    Hey,
    I'm in almost the same situation as you.
    I moved less than a month ago to Qatar, so we're neighbours lol.
    Anyway I thought i'd find good gaming laptops here, my primary target was Alienware and then Asus comes as a close second.
    Let's start with Alienware, I only found it in Virgin Megastore, M17x R2, single 5870m, no RGB LED and basic specs for 11800 QAR !! that's 11800 AED which equals 3240$ !
    As for Asus, I am yet to find anything at all, same dummy face reaction you talked about when I asked about it.
    So I thought about ordering online, but the problem with online is the warranty, and if anything happens to the notebook shipping it to the reseller is on you.
    So if I can find something here or in Dubai which is literally next door it would be great, I also am looking for the G73jw-3de btw, sw without 3d isn't worth it because when you look at the screen difference it's just astonishing! See for yourself : YouTube - Asus G73JW-3DE vs G73JW-A1 quick screen comparison
    Any update about this subject would be great

Hey man, I agree with every word you say.
    Well if you wanna go for alienware - Dubai is the place. There is plenty of alienware - but as i wasn't looking for them, i dunno was it r3 or r2 rev - the price was exactly 11999. HUGELY overpriced if u aks me.

I don't wanna go to online shopping here because of the same stuff as you - shipping, warranty issues, duties etc.

And yes, that is a +1 pal, 3de MAKES difference.

So my next objective is to check Al Ain center - next friday or saturday perhaps.

Cheers bro.

Notebook Consultant

Hey man, I agree with every word you say.
    Well if you wanna go for alienware - Dubai is the place. There is plenty of alienware - but as i wasn't looking for them, i dunno was it r3 or r2 rev - the price was exactly 11999. HUGELY overpriced if u aks me.

I don't wanna go to online shopping here because of the same stuff as you - shipping, warranty issues, duties etc.

And yes, that is a +1 pal, 3de MAKES difference.

So my next objective is to check Al Ain center - next friday or saturday perhaps.

Cheers bro.
    Then waiting for you to have more news about this matter
    Cheers mate

Anyway thanks a lot!

i'm sorry to confuse you a bit there...yeah i got my laptop from online reseller BTOtech which is based in US. ordering it through online is the only way i can get it because that time (march2010) the g73 is not available in anywhere of the malls here in dubai. if you want to upgrade your laptop's hardware then its better you get it from bto/gentech/powernotebook as they can easily customize it in your liking. you also do not have to worry about the warranty as any asus service center would honor it as lon as you dont void it. it does not necessarily mean you will have to send it back to the online reseller you got it from.

Ok, thanks there bro, i checked it out with xoticpc, tle lowest delivery rate it gives is around 300 usd... So, as i said before, online shopping being an option, I will visit al ain to make up my mind.

Thanks again!