Quantcast My Repaste Experience with Pics - SUCCESS! - Page 2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Deity

Default Re: My Repaste Experience with Pics - SUCCESS!

omg, I have to remove the entire motherboard to get to the GPU? damm

Quote Originally Posted by gajomau View Post
    im going to do the repaste, to.. but i have a question..
    what did you put in the memory's? because, without dissembling my notebook i can see that heatskin has termal pads in the memory's... did you put termal paste in the in the memory's? or leave them without anything?

Hi, I did not touch the memory thermal pads, mine where in excellent shape. A Pic of them:

Notebook Deity

The speaker cable is very fragile and fairly tight. I removed it with a jeweler's screwdriver. I put it against on side and twisted so that the blade catches the shoulder and raises it a little. Then I did the same thing on the opposite side. I probably went back and forth to each side doing this two or three times. Then I gently lifted it with tweezers and it came right out.

The only part that confused me was whether there were prongs sticking up from the motherboard and the whole white thing was the plug or whether the socket was white and the smaller white part was the plug. After looking at it for a bit, I decided that the small part was the plug and the socket on the board was also white. That turned out to be correct. I'm glad I didn't pry up on the bottom of the socket. That would have made me a sad panda if I had broken it off the mobo.
    Current: MSI GT60 20D-026US i7 4700 - 1TB Samsung EVO mSATA

--Selling: MacBook Pro Retina 15" - i7 3820 - 768GB SSD - 16GB RAM
    --Sold: Alienware M17x R3 - i7 2670 - NVidia 580m - Blu-ray - 3D Display - 16GB Kingston HyperX - 512GB Crucial M4 SSD - Intel Centrino WiFi - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - Repaste MX4
    --G73JH-X1 i7 720 Radeon HD 5870m 500GB 7200RPM 17.3" 1920X1080 LED backlit LCD GPU Repasted with IC Diamond 7 Added Sony Optiarc BD-Rom/DVDRW, Second HD Caddy and Intel 6200N Wireless

Notebook Evangelist

so mind posting before and after temps?

Quote Originally Posted by loskings View Post
    I havent had any "real" issues with my g73 when it comes to GPU heat issues. Sure i wasnt able to run Furmark long before it had reached 110 and it shut of (some would argue that this is a issue, some says its not. Anyways, i got inspired by Gorewells successfull atempt and decided, what the hell, cooler is good Bought my self some Artic Cooling MX-2 and did the job, i took little more than an hour. Payback is good tho since i went from 64 idling to 54. It just feels better

Just finished a 12 minute run of furmark. Extreme burning mode, postfx, 1920x1080. It peaked at 92 degrees and wouldnt go any higher. Before i did this i would have reached 110 within 5 minutes.
    Nice, glad I helped someone out and gave you a little push to get it done.

I've been Idling in the high 50's all day, and an hour of TF2, I didn't go over 70c. And I am OC'ed @ 725/1125. I am now gaming @ a lower temp then I was idling.

Idle now:
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 0 [0] (C) = 56.500,
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 1 [0] (C) = 59.500,
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 2 [0] (C) = 56.500,
    MCLK(MHz)[0] = 1125.00, SCLK(MHz)[0] = 724.99

Gaming now (~hour TF2):
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 0 [0] (C) = 65.000,
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 1 [0] (C) = 70.000,
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 2 [0] (C) = 66.000,
    MCLK(MHz)[0] = 1125.00, SCLK(MHz)[0] = 724.99

Pre Paste Idle:
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 0 [0] (C) = 73.500,
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 1 [0] (C) = 81.500,
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 2 [0] (C) = 75.500,
    MCLK(MHz)[0] = 1000.00, SCLK(MHz)[0] = 699.99

Pre Paste Gaming (only 5 min on tf2):
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 0 [0] (C) = 77.000,
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 1 [0] (C) = 85.000,
    ASIC Temperature via internal TSS 2 [0] (C) = 80.000,
    MCLK(MHz)[0] = 1000.00, SCLK(MHz)[0] = 699.99

(I would have more samplings but I literally reformatted a day prior to opening my laptop up and i didn't save my previous log files. )

Quote Originally Posted by rorage View Post
    so mind posting before and after temps?
    Here are some more.

I had a picture of a test I was going to complain with to asus, a couple weeks before I repasted:

I was idling ~80c that NIGHT, and once I ran Furmak it would spike to over 100 and keep climbing until it shutdown

New Tests:

IDLING:

FURMARKING:

POST FURMARKING:

right now I am back to idling @59c. Pretty sure this also helped lower my CPU temps, although I didn't really pay much attention to them.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by gorwell View Post
    Hi, I did not touch the memory thermal pads, mine where in excellent shape. A Pic of them:

tks..

does anyone here tried the arctic cooling mx-3 thermal paste on this laptop?

KRF
    Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by gajomau View Post
    tks..

does anyone here tried the arctic cooling mx-3 thermal paste on this laptop?
    Yep. I have it on my GPU only. Good results. No Break-in period. Furmark 1 hr max Ts at 87^C. COD MW2 games in low 70's
    Asus G73JH-A1
    Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6Ghz (2.8Ghz Turbo) | ATI Mobility 5870 1GB DDR5 |
    8GB DDR3 1333mhz | 1920*1080 LED | Bluray/DVDRW | OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD : 500GB 7200rpm HDD | Intel® Advanced-N 6200 Wireless

Notebook Geek

thanks man. I am just a little scared opening this laptop. I opened up my old inspiron 9300 and replaced the gpu...tried new thermal paste whatever...but the gpu died...so I replaced it with cheaper ati one. I just am a bit worried about that speaker cable and perhaps messing up by not properly fiting it back together. My idle is at 67C currently but maxes to like 97 or 98 after an hr or 2 hrs of gaming GTA4 or almost any other game. With AA it goes to almost 103.
    MSI GT60: | i7 3610QM | GTX670M 3GB | 12GB DDRIII| 2x500GB HDD | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH pro pedals | TrackIR 4 |

Notebook Evangelist

right now I am back to idling @59c. Pretty sure this also helped lower my CPU temps, although I didn't really pay much attention to them.
    I'm pretty much torn between repasting and just letting it be and this quote doesn't help much. At around 28C, I idle around 59-60C on stock paste and on stock clocks.

Drop it down to Quiet Office 200/500 and I idle at 45-46C. Even less when I'm in an air conditioned room.

So I'll guess I let the months pass, let the stock paste degrade a little before I do a repaste.

Although I have to give a massive thanks, applause and song and dance for the abundance of info in regard to re-pasting experiences and guides. Props to the NBR community.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast