Quantcast G73JH - Pinch Zoom - Touchpad Issue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default G73JH - Pinch Zoom - Touchpad Issue

I'm having an issue with using the Touch Pad, it always thinks I'm trying to pinch zoom, and the cross hair is coming up and web pages or games are zooming in and out rather then just moving the mouse.
    Tried updating driver.., messed with settings for touchpad, no luck fixing...thinking about formatting and doing fresh install of Windows.
    Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if anyone thinks fresh install of windows may help?
    Other than that guess I'll have to RMA, blah!
    Ordered Today May 3rd 2010

ASUS G73JH-A2
    i7-720QM Quad Core
    17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit Widescreen LCD
    8GB DDR3
    ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5870 w/1GB GDDR5

Ordered from www.powernotebooks.com

My Personal V1S-A1 Review Link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/161378-v1s-a1-review-pics-benchmarks.html

A Genuine Child of Zion

Default Re: G73JH - Pinch Zoom - Touchpad Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Zydan View Post
    I'm having an issue with using the Touch Pad, it always thinks I'm trying to pinch zoom, and the cross hair is coming up and web pages or games are zooming in and out rather then just moving the mouse.
    Tried updating driver.., messed with settings for touchpad, no luck fixing...thinking about formatting and doing fresh install of Windows.
    Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if anyone thinks fresh install of windows may help?
    Other than that guess I'll have to RMA, blah!
    synaptics.png (2.4 MB)

I was having the exact same problem in the last 2 weeks....but usually I use my Razer Mamba so it's not that big of a deal. A few days ago I uninstalled the synaptics driver which made no difference. Then I downloaded v14.0.10 09Oct09 synaptics driver and haven't had any problems since. I think the G73JH's touchpad/right & left buttons are the worst I've ever seen...lol.

They must have thought "What difference does it make because any Real Gamer is gonna use a external mouse"....who knows such things....
    Alienware Nebula Red M18x | 1920x1080 | i7 2960XM | 680M SLI | 512GB SSD, 640GB 7200RPM HDD | 16GB DDR3@1866Mhz | Blu-ray | Intel 6300 | Bluetooth 3.0 | WirelessHD | Tactx KB & Tactx Mouse | G13 & G35 | XBox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver | Cisco E4200 2.0
    new iPad 4 64GB 4G LTE AT&T 2048x1536 Retina Display | Parrot AR Drone 2.0
    Assassins Creed White PS Vita w/32GB Card
    Origin | Steam | Playstation Network | XBox Live | Apple iOS GC: skygunner27

Notebook Evangelist

I uninstalled the Touch Pad software, and now it works perfectly, but I've lost the pinched zoom etc.., but it's worth the loss. I Just use keyboard to zoom in / out etc...just glad to have my mouse working again!
    Ordered Today May 3rd 2010

ASUS G73JH-A2
    i7-720QM Quad Core
    17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit Widescreen LCD
    8GB DDR3
    ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5870 w/1GB GDDR5

Ordered from www.powernotebooks.com

My Personal V1S-A1 Review Link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=161378

Notebook Guru

I am using uScrybe from synaptic. Try this Scrybe Download link

Work fine on my G73. Using this software, I feel like I'm using a mac
    ==============================================================
    G73Jh-A2 || i7 720 || 8 GB DDR3 || HD 5870 || 2x500 GB Seagate Momentus || 1920x1080 FullHD || Broken battery :P

Notebook Enthusiast

I've been having the same problem, and I just disabled some settings, and the touchpad seems to work fine now.

pointing device properties > device settings tab > settings button > scrolling (disabled horizontal and vertical), and pinch zoom (disabled pinch zoom).

Notebook Enthusiast

I disabled pinch zoom also works fine now.

Notebook Enthusiast

i also disabled pinch to zoom and set 2 touch corners to volume so i dont have to do the FN+f10-f12 thing
    ASUS G73jh-X3 (Tigerdirect)

Ati Catalyst 10.10C
    Bios 211
    v93 vbios

Notebook Enthusiast

you guys will find it is not fine. You are all suffering from the known touchpad issue with the G73. Point blank, it just freaks out at times.

It is directly related to the missing keystrokes issue, and is something Gary Key has side-stepped the responsibility on and looks like we will no longer get support from him on this.

Maybe it is time to start spamming Asus' facebook page once more until they give this issue the same attention they gave the vBIOS/Catalyst driver issue.

For the record I have not gone a day in the last 2 weeks without both missing characters and the touchpad freaking out. I spent good money on a top-of-the-line notebook and expect it to work, for the most basic of functions, without issue.

If you can't tell, Asus and Gary (since he is the one responsible for dealing with this) have really started to tick me off with thier lack of support on this. It would be different if he never stepped up and started dealing with issues, but since he has we have one issue out of many dealt with. I guess once people weren't ing about the vBIOS and GSOD issues, the rest just does not matter. Gary logs on here enough, yet he has nothing to say???
    Last edited by TallRed; 30th October 2010 at 06:14 PM.

Check out this thread. Worked for me.

g73 touch pad issues

I also dissabled pinch zoom in properties.
    Last edited by elag; 1st November 2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: 3rd line added

So I thought I'd give my two cents since all these solutions weren't specific enough to be helpful to anybody. Here is step-by-step solution to this problem. The problem isn't with the mouse pad itself, it's simply the settings behind it. This is for a Synaptics Touchpad:

1) Control Panel
    2) Hardware and Sound
    3) Mouse (underneath Devices and Printers)
    4) Device Settings tab
    5) Settings
    6) Pinch Zoom
    7) Uncheck "Enable Pinch Zoom"
    8) Scrolling>One-Finger Scrolling
    9) Uncheck everything except "Enable vertical scrolling"
    10) Pointing>Sensitivity>Palm Check
    11) Raise it to the minimum
    12) Touch Sensitivity
    13) Lower it to Light Touch

This SHOULD solve your problem by making the mouse pad more specific to your touch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast