Quantcast Any Australia Rep in the Forums?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Any Australia Rep in the Forums?

Hi, I am student a Sydeny. I want buy M18X, but Dell only give 5%off for students discount.

So if some can give me a better deal, Please PM me or send me a email: hz880915@gmail.com

thanks

Notebook Deity

Default Re: Any Australia Rep in the Forums?

if you find one lemme know,

however i would tell you to look around online for coupons, i was once able to get 12 % off the laptop (M17xr3)

also you need to negotiate over the telephone, force their hand, threaten 'em with Envy's,Asus's
    M17x R4
    MBP 13.3
    AOD 150
    IBM T41P (disabled)

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or +Rep (star on left) or both!

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    if you find one lemme know,

however i would tell you to look around online for coupons, i was once able to get 12 % off the laptop (M17xr3)

also you need to negotiate over the telephone, force their hand, threaten 'em with Envy's,Asus's
    threat Dell with Asus. It sounds really fun.
    Does it work? like contact them in the phone

Notebook Consultant

Best bet is to call and haggle.
    That's what I have always done.
    [Alienware M15X] - [Stealth Black] - [16GB DDR3 RAM 1333Mhz] - [Intel Core i7 @ 1.73Ghz - 2.9Ghz Turbo Boost] - [750GB HDD @ 7200] - [ATI (AMD) Mobility Radeon 5850]

[Lenovo x230T] - [16GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz] - [Intel Core i5 3320M 2.6Ghz - 3.3Ghz] - [320GB HDD @ 7200] - [Intel 4000 HD]

Quote Originally Posted by T-ravisty View Post
    Best bet is to call and haggle.
    That's what I have always done.
    how much discount did u get?

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by kangkangwithu View Post
    For my M15x, I got $300 off.

For My M11x, I got $80 off + free Bose speakers.

Better than paying full price online.

Keep an eye out for coupons.

I too am a student, I know how much a pain money it.
    In-fact, it's a pain regardless of position...
    [Alienware M15X] - [Stealth Black] - [16GB DDR3 RAM 1333Mhz] - [Intel Core i7 @ 1.73Ghz - 2.9Ghz Turbo Boost] - [750GB HDD @ 7200] - [ATI (AMD) Mobility Radeon 5850]

[Lenovo x230T] - [16GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz] - [Intel Core i5 3320M 2.6Ghz - 3.3Ghz] - [320GB HDD @ 7200] - [Intel 4000 HD]

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kangkangwithu View Post
    Call them.

I found a $350 M11x R2 discount code online, made a Dell account, built system and applied code. Saved to checkout and called Dell and managed the following over the phone:

1. Got my R2 with i7 and 8GB RAM for $800, got them to upgrade to accidental warranty for free. Placed order and the ETA changed so i called up again and got free next business day delivery.

2. Received R2 within a week, all was fine for a fortnight until mobo needed replacing. Called them up to return it and after getting my refund, i also got them to give me the same clearance discount i got on the R2, off the purchase of a new R3 unit. So i got the i5 R3 in my sig for around $740.

3. Called up and told them i was thinking of returning it for a cheaper brand, they sent me $75 back to keep it.

4. Transferred ownership from US (where i bought it) to Australia (where i live) and lost my accidental warranty. Called them up, got them to refund me the $50 it cost as an upgrade option.

So yea, you can get stuff done... It just takes the right people and determination on your part to keep trying till you get one of them.

[ M11x R3 | Core i5 2467M @ 2.3GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Hyper-X | 128GB Crucial M4 | 1GB NVIDIA GeForce 540M ]
    [ M11x R1 | Core2Duo SU7300 @ 1.7GHz | 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 | 640GB WD Blue |1GB NVIDIA GeForce 335M ]
    [ G73-JH | Core i7 740QM @ 2.9GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 500GB WD Black + 2x 320GB WD Black | 1GB ATI 5870m ]

Notebook Deity

Well yes and a no, the story you told sounds applicable to the US based reps (I have read on NBR the consideration the US reps have for their customers, esp. returning money to keep the laptop etc.) I have gone through 4 m17xr3's, and when I was having issues with optimus they wouldn't accept it till I forced their hand, and then they accepted a return and eventually a refund (after the 2nd lappie's similar issues) rather than putting or advising for an upgrade to the 6970,

And to get the absolute besT in bargains (to the OP)

Look for coupons online

Save the build

Call up

Ask what's the best they can do (on top of the coupon applied) they will balk

I got a 12%+ another 1% after the threats (to go for a g74x)

The rep.will clearly tell you that's the best they can do

As far as negotiating for a buy on the 3rd laptop (which had a busted USB port,yup requiring a mobo replacement and then replacement) I really did not get a fair go till I mailed Michael Dell (or who ever that was, an email found on the forums here) and then snr. ppl from Dell Singapore started emailing....

So yeah it's a fight all the way, probe the sale rep for a deal,but expect (by my recent and only exp.) to save no more than GST on a AW laptop,expect no freebies from Dell AU reps
    Last edited by paradigm; 10th May 2012 at 02:19 PM.
    M17x R4
    MBP 13.3
    AOD 150
    IBM T41P (disabled)

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or +Rep (star on left) or both!

AFK for a while...

Best I've seen from an OZ/NZ haggle is 10%~.

It might be cheaper using a third-party delivery service based in the US/CAN and get it delivered there in order to take advantage of better pricing & discounts.

Tip:

Some US states: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon have no sales taxes. Canadian provinces start at 5% (Alberta).

Finding a forwarding service in a state/province with no tax or very little tax would be ideal.
    Alienware M14X (Stealth Black)
    14" 1600x900 | i7-2670QM | GT 555M 1.5GB | 6GB | 750GB
    FL Studio 10 | Kontakt 5 | Komplete 7 | Axiom 25

G53JW Review | Sager NP8130 Review
    HTWingnut's Llano Overclock/Optimization Guide (CPU/GPU)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooi View Post
    Best I've seen from an OZ/NZ haggle is 10%~.

It might be cheaper using a third-party delivery service based in the US/CAN and get it delivered there in order to take advantage of better pricing & discounts.

Tip:

Some US states: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon have no sales taxes. Canadian provinces start at 5% (Alberta).

Finding a forwarding service in a state/province with no tax or very little tax would be ideal.
    I am thinking of buying a M18X R2 from HIDevolution, but I was wondering how much the Aus custom would tax me...obviously the value is above 1000 AUD... If the tax equals to GST (10%), as there's also delivery fee ($200 for USPS), then there's no big price difference between DELL US and DELL AU.

Maybe I should keep haggling with AU reps to try my luck to see whether I can get 10% off? ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast