Quantcast Alienware - Alien Autopsy - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Notebook Nobel Laureate

Default Re: Alienware Autopsy

Quote Originally Posted by nayilalien View Post
    darn it! my killer can't get past the network link test.

No clue as to why, games work fine though.
    Are you getting a message asking you to update to the latest version of flash player?

I too had an issue with this. Even after updating, it would not let me run the Speed.net test, it kept on asking for me to update flash.

After alot of googling and researching it, I found a workaround for this over on the steam forums, oddly enough. You could try it - its the last post on the thread located here - I know it says that its about playing movie trailers in Steam but I had that problem too: Can't play preview videos in store - Steam Users' Forums

Basically, its uninstalling flash completely, reinstalling an older version and then updating. This leaves the FlashPlayer 10 Plugin installed on your system, which seems to be a requirement, As far as I know, for the killer test to complete successfully.

Have a loook and let us know if it fixes it for you - it did for me. Also worked on the Steam issue of playing movie/game trailers.
    Currently: Alienware 14 | 4700mq | GTX765m (upgraded from GT750m )| 8gb | Win 7 Ultimate & 8.1 Pro| 1920x1080 IPS | Killer 1202 & Broadcom 4352 (Latter for WiDi) | 512gb PM830 & 750gb | UltraSharp U2711 2560x1440 & U3011 2560x1600 | NotePal U3 | Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    Previously: M18x R1 | 2960xm | 680m SLI & M17x R2 | 840qm | Crossfire 5870

Click here to see My Alienware 14 Teardown Video in 1080p!

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by steviejones133 View Post
    Are you getting a message asking you to update to the latest version of flash player?

I too had an issue with this. Even after updating, it would not let me run the Speed.net test, it kept on asking for me to update flash.

After alot of googling and researching it, I found a workaround for this over on the steam forums, oddly enough. You could try it - its the last post on the thread located here - I know it says that its about playing movie trailers in Steam but I had that problem too: Can't play preview videos in store - Steam Users' Forums

Basically, its uninstalling flash completely, reinstalling an older version and then updating. This leaves the FlashPlayer 10 Plugin installed on your system, which seems to be a requirement, As far as I know, for the killer test to complete successfully.

Have a loook and let us know if it fixes it for you - it did for me. Also worked on the Steam issue of playing movie/game trailers.
    Nah dude!

It still doesn't work. Don't know what to do. I gets stuck on network link test still.
    M17x R3: 2630QM, 12 GB RAM, A08 MODDED BIOS, 750 GB + 128GB Crucial M4, 6970m, Tactx Mouse, Cooler Master Ergostand, (Dell 6990m Driver) Currently: 6990m + FHD Screen + BIGFOOT KILLER 1103

Lost in the MYST

Default Re: Alienware - Alien Autopsy

Works on my R2 nice find.

Alienware M17xR2
    Core i7 920XM | 256GB Samsung SSD + 500 GB Seagate Momentus | 17" 102% Wide Gamut 1920 x 1200 RGBLED | Blu-ray Burner | ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 x2 | 8GB DDR3@1333MHZ | Bigfoot Killer Wireless -N 1103 | Soundblaster X-FI Surround 5.1 Pro + TB HPA2 True 5.1 Headset w/ TB Z6a In line amp

Notebook Guru

Default alienware autopsy, and other apps

i did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate and installed all the drivers but the only problem i am having is getting all the alienware apps back on, where do you download alienware autopsy and the other apps?

Notebook Nobel Laureate

Default Re: alienware autopsy, and other apps

Quote Originally Posted by Cploof88 View Post
    i did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate and installed all the drivers but the only problem i am having is getting all the alienware apps back on, where do you download alienware autopsy and the other apps?
    You can grab them over at My Dell Downloads - I think you are able to download each one up to a maximum of three times so make sure you stash a copy on a usb drive or something. I cant recall if AlienAutopsy is on there, but if not, you can grab that from here.
    Currently: Alienware 14 | 4700mq | GTX765m (upgraded from GT750m )| 8gb | Win 7 Ultimate & 8.1 Pro| 1920x1080 IPS | Killer 1202 & Broadcom 4352 (Latter for WiDi) | 512gb PM830 & 750gb | UltraSharp U2711 2560x1440 & U3011 2560x1600 | NotePal U3 | Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

Notebook Guru

Thank you stevie, it worked perfectly. Do you know what other alienware apps are installed at the factory other then alienware autopsy? for some reason it seems like there was alot more?

Notebook Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by Cploof88 View Post
    Thank you stevie, it worked perfectly. Do you know what other alienware apps are installed at the factory other then alienware autopsy? for some reason it seems like there was alot more?
    Obvioulsy each system can ship with different software installed so check your shiping invoice to see what yours had and then grab them from the above link/s.

Notebook Enthusiast

darn it! my killer can't get past the network link test.

No clue as to why, games work fine though.
    I have the killer in my new M11X R3 (1 week old ), Autopsy came with the M11X R3 with the killer in it from factory...

Tests are running. I'll update if i see the same behaviour. If so, I'll contact Tech support here in NL to find our a resolution.

Will keep you all posted

Quote Originally Posted by Le0Heart View Post
    I have the killer in my new M11X R3 (1 week old ), Autopsy came with the M11X R3 with the killer in it from factory...

Tests are running. I'll update if i see the same behaviour. If so, I'll contact Tech support here in NL to find our a resolution.

Will keep you all posted
    Killer test passed successfully within 2-3 minutes for me in my M11x R3. Attached snapshot looks ok. Hence, may be something wrong with configuration / drivers for those who are seeing endless time for killer card test.

I have everything stock from factory in terms of configuration / settings / tweaks etc.

Alienware M17x-R3 Stealth-Black | Intel i7 - 2720QM | 16 Gb HyperX 1600Mhz | 2Gb GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6970M | 240Gb OCZ Vertex 4 SATA III | Win 7 Ult. 64bit | 17.3-inch 1920x1080 LED | DVD RW | Intel Wireless 6300 3x3 | Dell 375 Bluetooth | 9-cel Li-ion Battery
    Alienware M11x-R3 Stealth-Black | Intel i7 - 2637M | 8 Gb HyperX 1600Mhz | 2Gb GDDR5 NVIDIA 540M | 256Gb OCZ Vertex 4 SATA III | Win 7 Prof. 64bit | Bigfoot Killer Wireless 3x3 | Dell 375 Bluetooth | 8-cel Li-ion Battery

Notebook Consultant

+ rep, gderreck.

No offense intended, the installer in that Dell article (aulauncher.exe, version: 1.0.5908.6; 1.72 MB) is not really a standalone offline full installer, as it requires internet connection to complete the installation of AlienAutopsy. Strictly speaking, it is a web installer.

Most of us would not mind connecting to the Internet while installing AlienAutopsy. Then again, what about the less fortunate Alienware users without any internet access? Furthermore, when you perform fresh install of Windows, you have to connect to the internet each time you want to install AlienAutopsy. For me, who has relatively slow internet speed, it is quite a hassle to wait for it to complete installation.

Thus, it would have been much better if Dell Alienware had provided the actual standalone offline full installer of AlienAutopsy. Think of the benefits it provides. We users have to download it once, and it is ready to be used, should we need to reinstall Windows. As of now, I cannot locate the direct web link to download the offline installer.

Anyway, I have a nifty trick to backup the offline installer. Here are the steps:

1. Remember your user name, the one you use to login to Windows.
    2. If you have not installed AlienAutopsy before in your laptop, double click the web installer, aulauncher.exe.
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\PCDr\Update\Binaries. For example, my user name is Alvin, so I go to C:\Users\Alvin\AppData\Roaming\PCDr\Update\Binaries.
    4. You should see a file named full_aa_5907_39_64_03.exe. This is the actual offline installer. Do not do anything else for now.
    5. Only after the web installer has stopped downloading and start installing, you should then copy full_aa_5907_39_64_03.exe to elsewhere, as a backup. Be hurry, because once the AlienAutopsy has been installed, the offline installer will be deleted.

That is how I backup the offline installer. The one I have is of the version 3.1.5907.39 (54.5 MB). I am unsure that you can perform the steps, if you have already installed AlienAutopsy.

Next time, when you make a complete reinstall of Windows and subsequently reinstall AlienAutopsy, just double click full_aa_5907_39_64_03.exe and it will install without the need of internet access. Plus, you do not need to connect to the Internet to use AlienAutopsy. For sure, certain details, like warranty information, are unavailable, but it will not significantly hamper your usage of AlienAutopsy.

Hope my mini guide helps.

I had to do a Restore on my M18X R2 and after I did that, I installed the updates I had to and for some reason, whenever I open up Alien Autopsy it keeps saying that its not licensed for my system. Help, anyone please?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast