Quantcast How to disable Alienware theme?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default How to disable Alienware theme?

I'm not a big fan of the Alienware theme that comes preinstalled, so I went to "personalize" like usual and changed it back to the Windows Basic theme. It changed the icons to the regular Windows icons but the taskbar and the windows still show with the Alienware theme. How do you change it?

Default Re: How to disable Alienware theme?

i don't remember alienware having a theme installed, only wallpaper and avatars. do you have a screen shot?
    M18x | i7 2860 | 8GB HYPER X 1600 | Intel 320 series 300gb & Samsung EVO 1tb | 1080p | SLI 580M | Killer WiFi | Wireless HD | Blu-ray | 4 Yrs CC
    M15x GPU Replacement Guide http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rp95f
    M15x Thermal Paste Guide:http://www.sendspace.com/file/09h9ef

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by InappropriateName_3 View Post
    i don't remember alienware having a theme installed, only wallpaper and avatars. do you have a screen shot?
    The M18x-3 with a 1080p WLED does not have an alienware theme installed?
    Hmm... I wonder why?

Seriously though, I would like to get my hands on an alienware theme that works properly (& looks appropriate) for an M17x running a 64 bit version of Windows 7. I tried that mycolors/stardock one for vista (AlienGUIse) & it looked like something made for Windows 95... not to mention it did not revert everything back to default when uninstalled. Took me way too long to get (almost) everything set back to normal. I still have a couple library icons that do not look right.
    Mine: Space Black Alienware M17x-R2 | i7-620m | 4GB RAM | 1GB ATI 5870m | 1920x1200 RGB LED | 320GB & 500GB 7.2k HDs (suffering from "plugged in, not charging")
    Wife: XPS 17 (L702X) | i7-2720qm | 8GB RAM | 3GB nVidia GT555m | 1920x1080 WLED | dual 500GB 7.2k HDs | Intel 6230 wi-fi | BD-RE | 4 years complete care
    ** Because her Nebula Red Alienware M17x-R2 was returned for a full refund, due to "plugged in, not charging". **

Notebook Consultant

now you can choose a theme called " breed " in the customization section while personalizing the laptop
    Alienware M17x-R1 Silver | BIOS A06 | core 2 quad q9000 | Dual Nvidia GTX 260M | 4GB DDR3 | 2 x 320GB 7200 | 7 Ulti 64 |

Notebook Consultant

Is there a theme specifically for windows 7 as per what Tazalanche said?

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by a!!!!1 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the Alienware theme that comes preinstalled, so I went to "personalize" like usual and changed it back to the Windows Basic theme. It changed the icons to the regular Windows icons but the taskbar and the windows still show with the Alienware theme. How do you change it?
    If you didn't enable the MyColors theme (which you will have to uninstall in Programs and Features, in the Control Panel), you can revert the window/taskbar color by going to Window Color and Appearance, in the Customize area (right-click on Desktop or go from Control Panel).

Does Alienware change the login screen? I hope not...as that will be a pain to restore to default...

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Mikoyan_UK View Post
    Is there a theme specifically for windows 7 as per what Tazalanche said?
    No, although the free Alienware MyColors (AlienGUIse) theme works, albeit flawed, as Tazalanche said. There are some third-party Alienware themes running around, though...search DeviantArt. You may have to purchase Stardock's WindowBlinds for some to work, though.

(Sorry for double post, moderators, please merge if desired. I could not access the MultiQuote feature on my iPod touch here...)

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by iUberGeek View Post
    If you didn't enable the MyColors theme (which you will have to uninstall in Programs and Features, in the Control Panel), you can revert the window/taskbar color by going to Window Color and Appearance, in the Customize area (right-click on Desktop or go from Control Panel).
    That doesn't work. My theme and window color are actually set to "Windows 7 Basic" but it looks like the Alienware theme is somehow overriding everything. The only things that were changed to the Windows 7 Basic are the My Computer and Recycle Bin icons:

http://i48.tinypic.com/35240sw.jpg
    Last edited by BatBoy; 3rd June 2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: image resize please - see forum rules - thanks

do you guy have a screen shot of the "breed theme" also alienguise is way outdated and would cause your system to lagg.
    M18x | i7 2860 | 8GB HYPER X 1600 | Intel 320 series 300gb & Samsung EVO 1tb | 1080p | SLI 580M | Killer WiFi | Wireless HD | Blu-ray | 4 Yrs CC
    M15x GPU Replacement Guide http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rp95f
    M15x Thermal Paste Guide:http://www.sendspace.com/file/09h9ef

Notebook Enthusiast

do you guy have a screen shot of the "breed theme" also alienguise is way outdated and would cause your system to lagg.
    The screenshot I posted above is of the theme that comes with the computer, that might be "breed" I'm not sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast