Quantcast Alienware M15x, kind of hot on the back bottom

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Alienware M15x, kind of hot on the back bottom

Hi

i get an Alienware M15x maybe there already a post about it but i cant fint it back basically after a one or two hours of playing the bottom of my laptop especially the plastic part is really hot (under the laptop the plastic part with the alienware written in alien character), however the other side keyboard part is not warm just the left part where its a little warm (maybe because of the heat generated by the hand put on the laptop continously since its the part where there is the wasd key)
    i was just wondering if it was okay since i heard a lot about alienware cooling system and if it was normal.

thanks a lot

Default Re: Alienware M15x, kind of hot on the back bottom

its your gpu getting hot from playing games, very normal. btw download hwmonitor to monitor your temps, but laptop getting warm is normal, especially gaming laptops.
    Last edited by InappropriateName_3; 29th March 2010 at 05:51 PM.
    M18x | i7 2860 | 8GB HYPER X 1600 | Intel 320 series 300gb & Samsung EVO 1tb | 1080p | SLI 580M | Killer WiFi | Wireless HD | Blu-ray | 4 Yrs CC
    M15x GPU Replacement Guide http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rp95f
    M15x Thermal Paste Guide:http://www.sendspace.com/file/09h9ef

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Alienware M15x, kind of hot on the back bottom

Both the Cpu and the Gpu are both near the back, so it's probably them getting hot from playing games. They put the Cpu and Gpu near the back so they could make it so the fans blew out the back of the computer and not on you. I like Alienware.