Quantcast Horizontal Lines on Screen - M17x

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Horizontal Lines on Screen - M17x

I just started noticing today that after bootup in Windows 7, I'm getting moving horizontal lines across my screen that looks like radio interference - noise. The moving lines don't show up on an external monitor, just on the native laptop screen. External monitor picture is perfect. I've swapped out video drivers with no change. The problem doesn't show up until the OS loads - the laptop screen is perfect until the login screen loads. I have a single GTX 260M video card. A03 bios. All drivers current version. No problems until this morning.
    Any suggestions?

NBR Reviewer

Default Re: Horizontal Lines on Screen - M17x

That happens all the time with virtual workstations which would mean driver.

Notebook Enthusiast

OK - I've got 195.62 installed. I'll go back to 186.64 and see what happens.

Notebook Enthusiast

I tried some other driver versions including tried and true 186.64. No improvement. Thanks for the ideas.

Notebook Enthusiast

I called Dell as the problem got continually worse. They say 260M crapped out and are sending out replacement with tech.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    I just started noticing today that after bootup in Windows 7, I'm getting moving horizontal lines across my screen that looks like radio interference - noise. The moving lines don't show up on an external monitor, just on the native laptop screen. External monitor picture is perfect. I've swapped out video drivers with no change. The problem doesn't show up until the OS loads - the laptop screen is perfect until the login screen loads. I have a single GTX 260M video card. A03 bios. All drivers current version. No problems until this morning.
    Any suggestions?
    i was gettin those horizontal lines only when i was playing street fighter 4 didnt happen with other games.. i had dual gtx260m
    Alienware LUNAR SILVER M17x-R2 Intel i7 i720QM | 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz | 17" 1200P | Dual 1GB ATi 4870 | 250GB HDD |
    ordered 1/31 shipped 2/8 delivery today still waiting