Quantcast How to order from dell US for non US citizens - Page 9

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Notebook Consultant

Default Re: How to order from dell US for non US citizens

Quote Originally Posted by mfractal View Post
    Done in the first page..
    Hope it's clear enough, if not feel free to ask
    Awesome thanks. Im just curious, why did you get your online number in central Tampa? Theres an option on skype for Bradenton. And how much did the advanced warranty (for international coverage) cost you and how does it work? If one of your parts needs replacing you send your laptop to Dell in the US or do you have to have a Dell branch where you live? Personally, I'm trying to order the m11x which is going to go to Canada through myus.com and then a relative is bringing it here to Lebanon. I'm not sure if there's a Dell center here :/

Notebook Evangelist

Just thought I should mention that they don't need a credit card issued in the states. I used my credit card and I am from the middle-east.
    Origin Genesis
    | Intel Core i7 4930k 4.5GHz | Nvidia 780Ti Tri SLI | 16GB 1866MHz | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD |
    MSI GT70 2PE
    | Intel Core i7 4810MQ 2.8-3.8GHz | NVIDIA GTX 880M | 32GB 1600MHz | 128GB SSD x 3 RAID 0 | 1TB HDD |
    Mac Pro
    | Intel Xeon E5 1650 3.5GHz | AMD D700 Crossfire | 16GB 1866MHz | 512GB SSD |

T|I

Quote Originally Posted by jabij5 View Post
    Awesome thanks. Im just curious, why did you get your online number in central Tampa? Theres an option on skype for Bradenton. And how much did the advanced warranty (for international coverage) cost you and how does it work? If one of your parts needs replacing you send your laptop to Dell in the US or do you have to have a Dell branch where you live? Personally, I'm trying to order the m11x which is going to go to Canada through myus.com and then a relative is bringing it here to Lebanon. I'm not sure if there's a Dell center here :/
    oops. my bad, i did choose Bradenton i guess just forgot about it...
    One thing you could do is request parts dispatch instead of a tech support guy and have it sent to you to lebanon. you replace the part by yourself and send back the faulty part.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiousblack View Post
    Just thought I should mention that they don't need a credit card issued in the states. I used my credit card and I am from the middle-east.
    they don't but you have to do it over the phone since, if you try to pay online when inputting your credit card, there's no option to choose the country of issue, just a state.. so it won't pass
    Tech|Inferno

M18x Avenger :: i7 9720XM|18.4" 1920x1080 WLED|Dual ATI 7970m CF|Vertex III 240GB (Win 7) & Vertex III 120GB (LMDE)|8GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz|Logitech MX

Notebook Evangelist

Yeah that is correct. I did place the order on the phone. Skype ftw? :P Just use Skype and I am sure you guys must have some sort of mail forwarding service? Like for example here in Kuwait I ordered my m11x through skype, gave em my credit card number, and then gave them the mail forwarding address. Did that with an XPS before aswell.
    Origin Genesis
    | Intel Core i7 4930k 4.5GHz | Nvidia 780Ti Tri SLI | 16GB 1866MHz | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD |
    MSI GT70 2PE
    | Intel Core i7 4810MQ 2.8-3.8GHz | NVIDIA GTX 880M | 32GB 1600MHz | 128GB SSD x 3 RAID 0 | 1TB HDD |
    Mac Pro
    | Intel Xeon E5 1650 3.5GHz | AMD D700 Crossfire | 16GB 1866MHz | 512GB SSD |

Notebook Consultant

I'm going to be doing the same but I have a quote already set with my specific config and address. I tried to order last month and things didn't work out so the rep gave me a quote number that I can just call and give to any rep whenever I'm ready to order. I'd just like to how much the international warranty is and if its worth the (most likely) high cost. Since this is a machine I'll have for a while I'd like to take good care of it and be able to fix any problems I enounter with it.

T|I

Quote Originally Posted by jabij5 View Post
    I'm going to be doing the same but I have a quote already set with my specific config and address. I tried to order last month and things didn't work out so the rep gave me a quote number that I can just call and give to any rep whenever I'm ready to order. I'd just like to how much the international warranty is and if its worth the (most likely) high cost. Since this is a machine I'll have for a while I'd like to take good care of it and be able to fix any problems I enounter with it.
    i think it's totally worth it. For a 3k+ machine i'd want to have a complete care and international warranty. I am notcsure about te price. About 200 dollars I think. Why can't u just assemble it on dell website and see how much is it?
    Tech|Inferno

M18x Avenger :: i7 9720XM|18.4" 1920x1080 WLED|Dual ATI 7970m CF|Vertex III 240GB (Win 7) & Vertex III 120GB (LMDE)|8GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz|Logitech MX

Notebook Consultant

Oh I didn't realize warranty options on the config page. I'll check em out and ask my rep about it when I order.

T|I

fixed some explanations on the first page.
    Tech|Inferno

Notebook Consultant

I was wondering when I give my address in the states (myus address) should I say it is my address or a friends? Which is less likely to give me problems or make things sound fishy to them?

R.I.P. AW Side Topics

Why would they need to know? Is someone asking you who's address it belongs to?

Isn't the point of this so you can have a US address? So you would tell them it is your address?

Although, getting back to my first point, who is going to ask?
    DELL Precision M6600 - i7-2760QM - nVidia QUADRO 3000M - 17.3" PremierColor IPS RGBLED - 4GB - 320GB
    All for $1789 NEW/Non-refurb from Dell's AWESOME Outlet!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast