Quantcast How to order from dell US for non US citizens - Page 7

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: How to order from dell US for non US citizens

I can buy by bank deposite, just that way; if I decide to get this from USA what I need to do is another deposite of money to my friend and he will pay with his card ...

T|I

ok.. so like i told you, sending it to your country will be cheaper with freight forwarding company.
    Tech|Inferno

M18x Avenger :: i7 9720XM|18.4" 1920x1080 WLED|Dual ATI 7970m CF|Vertex III 240GB (Win 7) & Vertex III 120GB (LMDE)|8GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz|Logitech MX

Notebook Evangelist

Thanks for help, I need to do some research about it before get inside deeply

Notebook Deity

rep+ added.
    Do not you think if possible (as I work in IT industry I found many friends visiting USA frequently) below is the preferred option to buy a Dell lappy from USA ?

1. find a friend who is returning from USA with in a month
    2. Configure your Dell laptop online
    3. Chat with a Dell sales representative and ask for more $$$ discount on your configuration (to save $ on phone call)
    4. Give your shipping address (including your friends name) as your friends current address at USA
    5. Ask your friend to login to your Dell account and pay from his USA credit card
    6. Dell will ship the laptop to your friends address
    7. Your friend will bring it to your country and give it to you
    8. Apply for ownership changed application online and change the owner/address to you (this will required to continue with your warranty)
    9. and DO NOT forget to give the equivalent local money to your friend against the $$$ he has spent for you

This way you can save on excise/import duty/tax as many countries allows carrying 2 laptops for each passenger.
    Do you think its a better way IF YOU HAVE ANY FRIEND AT USA ? or is there any other best cost effective way ?
    Last edited by URPradhan; 24th February 2010 at 04:36 AM.

T|I

Quote Originally Posted by URPradhan View Post
    rep+ added.
    Do not you think if possible (as I work in IT industry I found many friends visiting USA frequently) below is the preferred option to buy a Dell lappy from USA ?

1. find a friend who is returning from USA with in a month
    2. Configure your Dell laptop online
    3. Chat with a Dell sales representative and ask for more $$$ discount on your configuration (to save $ on phone call)
    4. Give your shipping address (including your friends name) as your friends current address at USA
    5. Ask your friend to login to your Dell account and pay from his USA credit card
    6. Dell will ship the laptop to your friends address
    7. Your friend will bring it to your country and give it to you
    8. Apply for ownership changed application online and change the owner/address to you (this will required to continue with your warranty)
    9. and DO NOT forget to give the equivalent local money to your friend against the $$$ he has spent for you

This way you can save on excise/import duty/tax as many countries allows carrying 2 laptops for each passenger.
    Do you think its a better way IF YOU HAVE ANY FRIEND AT USA ? or is there any other best cost effective way ?
    That's a good way to go about it. I guess if i had this kind of friend i wouldn't be making this thread

One thing that you can not do following this procedure is later on, get a refund for your system.
    Dell will just refund the original buyer, and if you do the service tag transfer you will not be able to receive your money back (in case you need it).
    Tech|Inferno

M18x Avenger :: i7 9720XM|18.4" 1920x1080 WLED|Dual ATI 7970m CF|Vertex III 240GB (Win 7) & Vertex III 120GB (LMDE)|8GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz|Logitech MX

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by mfractal View Post
    That's a good way to go about it. I guess if i had this kind of friend i wouldn't be making this thread

One thing that you can not do following this procedure is later on, get a refund for your system.
    Dell will just refund the original buyer, and if you do the service tag transfer you will not be able to receive your money back (in case you need it).
    Yeh...That is not possible to get a refund.
    So its up to your luck to get a good condition laptop on first chance.
    Again, in your ordering path too...You can not get the refund as the shipping address at Dell is your mail forwarding service's address

T|I

Quote Originally Posted by URPradhan View Post
    Yeh...That is not possible to get a refund.
    So its up to your luck to get a good condition laptop on first chance.
    Again, in your ordering path too...You can not get the refund as the shipping address at Dell is your mail forwarding service's address
    Shipping address is not a problem.
    You just ship the laptop back to them,and they refund your credit card.
    Tech|Inferno

Notebook Enthusiast

great investigative work mfractal!

I was thinking of doing it this way because the US dollar is weak against the Australian dollar at the moment.

But luckily i found 3 ways that saved me $750 AUD on my m15x:

For all Australian customers, and if you have a full time job, the following can be done:

1. Salary Sacrifice: Takes up to 6 installments of your GROSS income, which saves you on salary tax.

2. GST: You can save the 10% Goods and Services Tax by purchasing through a company. This is included with the below option...

3. Company Savings: If your company has a contract with Dell, depending on the size of your company and the level of 'commitment' your company has with Dell, you get company savings. I configed a $2750 m15x and it went down to $2400 just from this alone.

Total = $2000.45 AUD

So yes, you need to be in a very limited set on circumstances, have good contacts (i work in IT) and 'convince' you use your laptop for company use.
    This probably wont help most people, but im assuming a lot of people who buy Alienware work in IT.

My message is to basically think outside the square

Juay de rito?

Come on Ive ordered before from Dell USA without a single problem, I live in Mexico (non US citizen nor resident), and I have many friends at the states, I used an international Golden Visa credit card with ultra clean records, placed my order via internet, and sent the laptop (m1330) to a friendīs house. They never called me nor tried to contact me, they never cancelled my order, no nothing, not even weird emails. Days later one of my mates came to Mexico and gave me my m1330, also the US warranty is valid here so it was like a no-brainer for me!

Months later I ordered some cameras, some videogames and a backpack and no problems...

Ill order my m11x soon (The base configuration for the m11x @ Dell Mexico is $16000 mexican pesos = $1250 USD , thats why Ill order it from Dell USA)

T|I

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanSnake View Post
    Come on Ive ordered before from Dell USA without a single problem, I live in Mexico (non US citizen nor resident), and I have many friends at the states, I used an international Golden Visa credit card with ultra clean records, placed my order via internet, and sent the laptop (m1330) to a friendīs house. They never called me nor tried to contact me, they never cancelled my order, no nothing, not even weird emails. Days later one of my mates came to Mexico and gave me my m1330, also the US warranty is valid here so it was like a no-brainer for me!

Months later I ordered some cameras, some videogames and a backpack and no problems...

Ill order my m11x soon (The base configuration for the m11x @ Dell Mexico is $16000 mexican pesos = $1250 USD , thats why Ill order it from Dell USA)
    I am glad this worked out for you.
    However, it is impossible to order from US website with a foreign credit card. There isn't even an option to choose an issuing country when you fill in your credit card details, just the state in US.
    Having a friend in US sure helps but not everybody have such friends.
    You sound dismissive of the info here but some don't have another option and it might help them.
    Tech|Inferno

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast