Quantcast How to order from dell US for non US citizens - Page 6

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Notebook Guru

Default Re: How to order from dell US for non US citizens

Quote Originally Posted by mfractal View Post
    So, the quote i got from hidevolution.com for the rig in my signature is USD $3283 which is give or take 20 bucks what i payed directly to Dell.
    Plus the shipping which is 100$ more expensive than what myus.com offered.
    I personally prefer to shop directly from Dell because if one day i have problems i can have a refund which is not an option if you buy through a third party.
    The advantage of ordering from a third party is that it saves you all the hassle i detailed in the first post.

2 options, do your math
    Hi again, mfractal! =D
    Interesting that you paid pretty much the same amount directly from dell then you would with hidevolution, and paid less in shipping, however, do you know if MYUS offers the option of declaring a lower price for the package?
    Thanks!

T|I

Hey. I think that myus can declare any value you decide on.
    When the package arrives there they email you and you need to go and fill a for on their website with the forwarding address insurance value etc. One of the fields is package value. You can also ask them to open your package and remove the original invoice in case customs open your package. I personally would not do it because I want my package do be insured but it is an option.
    Tech|Inferno

M18x Avenger :: i7 9720XM|18.4" 1920x1080 WLED|Dual ATI 7970m CF|Vertex III 240GB (Win 7) & Vertex III 120GB (LMDE)|8GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz|Logitech MX

Notebook Consultant

Just wanna if anyone has used this method for buying stuff off US alienware and shipping it to UK. Does the total cost end up cheaper than if I were to buy from UK (including tax and vats)?

3vil knows no fear

Well i noticed that the M17x-R1 was very expensive in belgium compared to the US but the M17x-R2 is actually the same price if not cheaper for belgium. Anybody has an explanation for that?
    Alienware M17x | Core i7 820QM | 4GB DDR3 | ATI X-Fire 4870 | 1920x1200 RGB LED | 1TB HDD

K&D Atelier | Snackbar Arklopol | Filippo Beretta | Gecko Designs | Gamers News Online | Carolestic

Customize your alienware!

T|I

So, are there any freight forwarding companies in belguim that people around europe could use ?
    If you say it's cheaper than us, why would UK people for instance not order from belgium ?

EDIT : ok, after going to beligum website couple of things :
    1. They don't have the RGBLED screen.
    2. They DO have the blue ray option
    3. NO Intel 6300 wireless card
    4. My config (without epp discounts) is about 3500 USD, when i build it on beligum website i got to 4100 USD so it is more expensive.
    Plus there's no EPP and such, correct me if i am wrong...
    Last edited by mfractal; 12th February 2010 at 05:23 AM.
    Tech|Inferno

M18x Avenger :: i7 9720XM|18.4" 1920x1080 WLED|Dual ATI 7970m CF|Vertex III 240GB (Win 7) & Vertex III 120GB (LMDE)|8GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz|Logitech MX

3vil knows no fear

I may have jumped to conclusions, forgot about USD vs EURO. But still, my old system cost me 3400 euro for a T9600 that was on sale and sli 260M and dvd burner. Now when i configure a core i7 820 with ATI 4870 XF and blu ray burner i get around the same price.

Only thing i am confused now is that the rep told me i get RGB LED but i see they still sell the old screens and no RGB LED so it makes no sense to give me a RGB LED thats unavailable as a free upgrade.
    Alienware M17x | Core i7 820QM | 4GB DDR3 | ATI X-Fire 4870 | 1920x1200 RGB LED | 1TB HDD

K&D Atelier | Snackbar Arklopol | Filippo Beretta | Gecko Designs | Gamers News Online | Carolestic

Customize your alienware!

T|I

added some info to the first page...
    Tech|Inferno

Notebook Consultant

great thread!
    Cosmic Black M15x - i7 720QM - 260M 1GB (197.45 @ 640/1000/1600) - 1080p - 4GB DDR3 - 160GB Intel G2 SSD - Blu Ray Reader - G9x - G35 - G15

Notebook Evangelist

Great info, but they are some things that i cant just do, first i have no credit card, nothing at all of that, and, im still worried about the warranty, you said tat getting complete care by three years will get support abroad, well, i should try; what i can do is transfer the money to a friend of mine that actually lives on USA and then he can send this to me, but, i dont know how much this will cost, and how much time this mean . . .

T|I

Quote Originally Posted by Cmagamez View Post
    Great info, but they are some things that i cant just do, first i have no credit card, nothing at all of that, and, im still worried about the warranty, you said tat getting complete care by three years will get support abroad, well, i should try; what i can do is transfer the money to a friend of mine that actually lives on USA and then he can send this to me, but, i dont know how much this will cost, and how much time this mean . . .
    how would you pay in your country without a credit card ?
    about sending it to you : one of the benefits of using a freight forwarding company is that they have awesome deals with carriers such as fedex and dhl.
    just to give you an example, i got a quote for sending my m17x to israel through dhl (fedex is the same give or take 5%) of 560 dollars including insurance.
    Same shipping option through myus is 270$, that's more than 50% off.
    So if your friend is going to buy that for you it might be worth asking him to send it to your virtual us address and forward it from there to your country.
    Tech|Inferno

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast