Quantcast How to order from dell US for non US citizens - Page 18

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: How to order from dell US for non US citizens

Well, because the original post was removed

Also I asked by chat a Dell representative and got told they don't sell to mail forwarding services... or we could just use them without them knowing it is one. Will it be a problem hm?

PS: thanks I will check the new outside link now.

Excuse me, I dont understand what does international card mean? I'm from Russia, I have Mastercard Debit card from my Bank(sberbank). How can I decide: is my card international or no? I use paypal with ebay without any problems.
    P.S. Will dell.com work with entropay virtual visa card?

Elite Notebook User

I posted a thread on Dell's IdeaStorm website about this problem, although only specific to the Dell Outlet. IMO the Dell Outlet is more of a problem regarding international sales because As far as I know there are two outlets: in the US and in the UK. This shuts down most all of continental Europe, Latin America, Asia, etc.

What I propose there is basically that Dell should ship Outlet systems internationally, automatically transferring the warranty to the destination country, and offering to replace the keyboard with a keyboard of the appropriate language (for a price).

If you guys want to say to Dell that they should ship Outlet systems internationally, commenting on that thread and voting it up (if you approve) or down (if you don't) is a good place to start. Don't let the "acknowledged" tag discourage you from commenting/rating that thread; it means only that this idea has entered this system, but it doesn't mean that someone actually looked at it.
    Dell Latitude E6400 | P8600 2.40 GHz | Nvidia Quadro NVS 160M | 4GB RAM | 250 GB 7200 rpm | 1440x900 LED | Intel 5300 | Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
    Custom Desktop | i5 750 2.66 GHz | ATI HD5770 | 4 GB RAM | 1 TB 7200 rpm | Win 7 Pro 64 Bit | 1920x1080 22'' + 1680x1050 22''

Please vote for the Alienware M11x R4!
    Live in Europe? Then vote for an European Alienware rep!

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by stelxz View Post
    Well, because the original post was removed

Also I asked by chat a Dell representative and got told they don't sell to mail forwarding services... or we could just use them without them knowing it is one. Will it be a problem hm?

PS: thanks I will check the new outside link now.
    I am planning to get M4600 from US as well.
    Any Luck in getting through?

I faced the same issue - no mail forwarding services and only allow US-Billing address.

Quote Originally Posted by jsteng View Post
    In the Philippines, the tax for electronics used to be 10% (right now im not sure). But custom officers can variably appraise the value.

This is where corruption comes in; grease money to make them declare lower; or no grease money and they will declare it much higher.

In my case, it was alot cheaper to travel to HK to buy the machine than have it shipped here. Unfortunately, HK do not offer customization - i cant choose SSD or better CPU, GPU...
    Hi, I'm from hk and buying Alienware from hk costs 16000 while getting it from the us costs 13-14k, without tax and shipping. Do you still think it is more worth it to get it from hk?

NBR Reviewer 1337

What happened to the OP ?????

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by mfractal View Post
    So, the quote i got from hidevolution.com for the rig in my signature is USD $3283 which is give or take 20 bucks what i payed directly to Dell.
    Plus the shipping which is 100$ more expensive than what myus.com offered.
    I personally prefer to shop directly from Dell because if one day i have problems i can have a refund which is not an option if you buy through a third party.
    The advantage of ordering from a third party is that it saves you all the hassle i detailed in the first post.

2 options, do your math
    There is nothing in your first post now!!
    Can you please pm me??

Thanx

Notebook Guru

Wow this is a long dead thread. Does anyone know why the OP had removed the original posts information?
    I am in Canada and I want to order from the Dell US because they have better promotions and deals than the current ones available here. Is it possible to have an Alienware ordered from the US and delivered to Canada without being directed to Dell Canada?
    Alienware M17x R4: (G.R.A.M.A.) : Stealth Black : Intel i7 3610QM : AMD Radeon HD 7970M : 8GB RAM @1600MHz : 128GB SATA III Vertex 4 SSD : 750GB 7200RPM SATA II HDD : Killer Wireless-N 1103 : 60Hz 1080P Display

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted" -The Assassin's Creed

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718