Quantcast Area-51 m15x Update from Alienware - Page 22

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Notebook Evangelist

Default Re: Area-51 m15x Update from Alienware

Quote Originally Posted by shima View Post
    Ok here's some screenies.

First, Everest showing the BIOS version, and next to it is the Rivatuner log showing temps while running 3DM06.

Next is ATI Tool:
    can you monitor the temperature while gaming, indicating the point where the fan speeds up to the last "gear"? so we can see how that speed up improve in terms of making the temperature slower. another thing is: when the fan speeds up, can the GPU reach a temperature when the fan can speed a step down?

Notebook Consultant

I would WLF46WLF, but I'm currently at work. :P

One thing to look out for, if your GPU downclocks below 90 deg, like 85 deg as some people have mentioned, I'm not sure if this BIOS will help you. From what I can tell, the fans kick in to high gear at around 86-87. Mine has never downclocked below 90, so I haven't had the issue with this new BIOS.
    15" Macbook Pro (2011): 2.2 CPU | 8GB 1600 RAM | 256GB Crucial C300 SSD | 1440x900 Glossy | AMD 6750M

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by alienware/user View Post
    can someone upload the bios? to let thoose of us who now to flash bios do it ourselves.
    Please! I ended up missing the call (it ended up on voicemail), and I think the techs might have left for the day...

Cursed being on PDT....

Notebook Consultant

Okay, I'm not sure if AW wants users to be posting this, so I take no responsibility if this voids your warranty or your .

x29b P3 BIOS:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mbj91tzwz4x

EDIT: Burn this ISO to disc, and boot from CD to flash.
    15" Macbook Pro (2011): 2.2 CPU | 8GB 1600 RAM | 256GB Crucial C300 SSD | 1440x900 Glossy | AMD 6750M

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Sogarth View Post
    Please! I ended up missing the call (it ended up on voicemail), and I think the techs might have left for the day...

Cursed being on PDT....
    Haha. Just got the call, actually. The tech told me that it should address a lot of the issues people have been having, so for me, in addition to the overheating, it should also help with the finickiness I've seen with the Stealth Mode button.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by shima View Post
    I would WLF46WLF, but I'm currently at work. :P

One thing to look out for, if your GPU downclocks below 90 deg, like 85 deg as some people have mentioned, I'm not sure if this BIOS will help you. From what I can tell, the fans kick in to high gear at around 86-87. Mine has never downclocked below 90, so I haven't had the issue with this new BIOS.
    oh, I'm sorry

btw, I think there were still some different versions of bios, even if they had the same funtionality.
    It could happened, in different BIOS versions, that there is an offset in the temperature lecture. i.e. a bios could read 60 while another could read 55. so I think that the higher idle temperature is not a big deal, and that if the problem is solved by this BIOS version, then it will be solved for all of you guys.
    I think real problems are: has the fan been tested for run at that higher step for so long?

Notebook Consultant

well does this Bios also resolve the problems with the touch-sensitive buttons not working after hibernation-mode?

saint

Notebook Consultant

so i'm lost now, am I supposed to call them, or is that pointless and they will just tell me to wait to get a call...

Notebook Consultant

Just try and call, it won't be worse If you e-mailed them, you should get a call today or tomorrow.

I doubt the update can't be done without AW help, but I would just call and try to get somebody to help me.
    Alienware m15x
    15.4" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD (720p) with ClearviewTechnology
    512MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 9800M GTX
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T9300 2.5GHz
    4GB RAM
    M15x 6-cell SmartBay Additional Battery

Notebook Retailer

Quote Originally Posted by Impressive View Post
    Thanks Frank, AW seems to finally being able to fix it.

Ok, so now I assume that this beta version of BIOS (x29b P3) will be installed in all new systems you ship? And how will we be able to download the new version of it?

Another question everyone else? How do I check my version of bios? (just for the future when I get my system)
    We will resume shipping when the final BIOS is ready. We are aiming for end of this week but I can't make that commitment just yet. I assure you we want to resume shipping as much as everyone else and we will not delay any longer than necessary.