Quantcast No.. Seriously.. Lighting/Lying issue - Page 13

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: No.. Seriously.. Lighting/Lying issue

It would be great to get some help from the media on this, It is putting me off ordering the m15x, to some people it seems like a small problem and to others it is big, I am one of those who thinks its a big deal. Each to there own.

Thanks

Ade.

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    There has been some very surprising developments in here, thanks to all who contributed. It is disappointing that Alienware still advertises six lighting zones on their website:
    http://www.alienware.com/product_det...de=SKU-DEFAULT
    I'll report on this in the news bits and bring as much attention to this issue as possible.
    they are right advertising 6 zones!!!!
    mrwater got 6 and so do will absinthe42!!!
    they have really played a nice game with words...have to give it to them
    iv uploaded 2 pics, one from a vid at ces and another from the website...see the difference for urselves and count the number of light zones
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aw-ces.JPG   command centre.JPG  
    Last edited by Konig; 7th February 2008 at 12:14 PM.

Notebook Evangelist

we have already talked about this, that damn power button does NOT Count. Distinct means different, stands out, unique. Passing that power button off as one of them is just plain rediculous.

Notebook Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe42 View Post
    we have already talked about this, that damn power button does NOT Count. Distinct means different, stands out, unique. Passing that power button off as one of them is just plain rediculous.
    So are you keeping your order? Wasn't yesterday "D-Day" for them to get back to you? Sounds like if anything the issue has become more muddled with different answers coming from different people at Alienware.

Notebook Consultant

of course we think so, and of course they didn't originally mean it that way, but i'm sure their lawyers could argue that there are still 6 different ones including the power button if they had to

Notebook Evangelist

what ur sayin also holds true...upto a certain extent...since everybody interprets laws differently
    here's my take on it:
    what they probably have in their defense is that they mention six 'distinct' 'zones'...and acording to general terms a distinct zone would mean an area which is clearly demarcated and distinguishable from another...
    power button = away from alien head = distinct
    and as long as they are delivering lighting options that can be played with on these zones, they still are one up no matter how ridiculous it may sound

NBR Lead Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    they are right advertising 6 zones!!!!
    mrwater got 6 and so do will absinthe42!!!
    they have really played a nice game with words...have to give it to them
    iv uploaded 2 pics, one from a vid at ces and another from the website...see the difference for urselves and count the number of light zones
    Thank you for this information, we now have proof that Alienware has changed their definition of "six lighting zones". I will include this in the bits as evidence to support the story.

Question: Can we confirm that ALL models of the m15x are shipping without side lights? In other words, are the preconfigured ones also no longer shipping with the side lights? We know the configured ones don't have them.
    NotebookReview Writer & Reviewer
    hp EliteBook 8740w 17" DreamColor 2 1920x1200, Win 8.1 Pro, Core i5-560M, ATI FirePro M7820, 8GB RAM, 120GB Intel 320 SSD, 1.5TB Hitachi 5K1500, Intel 6300 WLAN; Oct 2010 - Present
    Guides to... Choosing a Warranty for your Laptop | SSD Upgrades | How to... Unbox and Quality Check a New Laptop | Clean a Notebook | Upgrade Laptop Memory | Setup a Power Plan in Win 7/8 | Backup Files using SyncToy

Notebook Consultant

here is what I just got...

Thanks, Tina. We keep up on forums, so I’m sure someone’s aware about what’s being posted out there. Honestly, these things are rumors. I can’t go out and squash them all, even though I wish I could. The information I provided to you was straight out of my supervisor’s mouth, and she’s the manager of the Corporate and Government Sales Dept. That’s what I have to stand by right now. So I will just wait and see..
    got it! with x9000!
    8800gtx, 1900x1200 Blueray, 4g ram,
    200gbhd 320 smartbay hd

WAITING FOR CLEVO W880CU BAREBONES TO BUILD.

The Reaver

We need to get the blogs to pick this up. Could be interesting to have everyone questioning Alienware and their marketing tactics.

Edit: Sent the info and link to this thread to Engadget. Maybe they'll write something about it.
    Last edited by Raziel66; 7th February 2008 at 01:23 PM.

Just had a conversation with a "Robert E" at alienware and this is there latest response regarding the light tubes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlienConv.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	14963

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast