Quantcast alienware command centre doesnt change colors

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default alienware command centre doesnt change colors

whenever i start my alienware command centre, it gives me an error saying that my current theme is not compatible with my computer and when i go to the alienfx it shows to colors, just a blank grey background. all the other things work tho, like aliensense, fusion, etc.

here is a screenshot i took with my phone.

btw i downloaded the command centre from dell. i reinstalled it because at first it was giving some troubles; 1- i wasnt able to change the alienware name, the touchkeys, and the alienhead power button colors
    2- i couldnt save the changes, so whnever i close the lid or restart, it goes back to its original colors.

i am using an m15x. pls help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23112010061.jpg  

Default Re: alienware command centre doesnt change colors

try a power drain first. if not working then install it again but under repair install.
    M18x | i7 2860 | 8GB HYPER X 1600 | Intel 320 series 300gb & Intel G2 160GB | 1080p | SLI 580M | Killer WiFi | Wireless HD | Blu-ray | 4 Yrs CC
    M15x GPU Replacement Guide http://www.sendspace.com/file/7rp95f
    M15x Thermal Paste Guide:http://www.sendspace.com/file/09h9ef

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by inap View Post
    try a power drain first. if not working then install it again but under repair install.
    sorry if i am causing you any troubles, but whats a power drain and whats a repair install? im sorry but i am still new to this

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bigybooze View Post
    sorry if i am causing you any troubles, but whats a power drain and whats a repair install? im sorry but i am still new to this
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but everything you need to know is explained in the new owner thread. It was the first thing I read when I got my aw. Anyway s, a pd is when you turn off the system and takeout the battery. The hold the power button for ten seconds and then put in the battery again and start it back up. Had fixed most of my problems on this system regarding aliemfx. Hope I helped
    M15x | Core i7-820QM | 5850M 1GB DDR5 700/1050 | 8GB DDR3 1333 | 9 Cell Battery Intel Wifi Link 5300 | 7200RPM 250GB

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by miahsoul View Post
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but everything you need to know is explained in the new owner thread. It was the first thing I read when I got my aw. Anyway s, a pd is when you turn off the system and takeout the battery. The hold the power button for ten seconds and then put in the battery again and start it back up. Had fixed most of my problems on this system regarding aliemfx. Hope I helped
    thanks alot man. i will definitely make sure i read the new owner thread. thank you

Notebook Enthusiast

alright, i just did a power drain. i took out the battery, and held down the power button for 10 seconds, and put everything back together yet its still the same. also, it says the theme i am opening is not compatible.

btw, the computer keyboard does light up, but to its original settings and i cant hange it. i am using the newest version of the alien command centre

Banned

this sounds dumb, but are you saving the theme you made ? pressing apply ? Try reinstalling it. from the DELL SITE, not from the resource disc.

NBR Community Moderator

What 'm15x' do you have? System specs please - CPU and GPU? If you have the legacy 15 system, then the command center you downloaded from Dell will never work. I just want to clarify this... please confirm this is a DELL/AW M15x.

-----------

EDIT: Looks like you do have the legacy system. You mentioned yesterday you have an Area-51 m15x. Someone responded to your thread -

Help with my new alienware area51 m15x laptop alienware command centre

Now, I have no idea if you did damage to your system by running the Command Center installer designed for the current Dell/AW M15x... Please discuss in your original thread -
    Help with my new alienware area51 m15x laptop alienware command centre

Also please note, since you have an Area-51, it is a Legacy system. There is a dedicated subforum for this (http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...gacy-systems/). The M15x subforum is for current Dell/AW M15x owners. There is a difference. I'd hate to see you receive wrong information

Thanks.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BatBoy View Post
    What 'm15x' do you have? System specs please - CPU and GPU? If you have the legacy 15 system, then the command center you downloaded from Dell will never work. I just want to clarify this... please confirm this is a DELL/AW M15x.
    its an alienware area-51 m15x
    It has 150 gig hardrive
    nvidea 8800 graphics
    2.10 duo core
    windows Vista 64 bit
    2 gb of ram

i bought it a week ago, it came with the alienfx that was desgined for the new M15x, so i decided to uninstall it (since it didnt save any changes i made to it, and because i could ONLY change the keyboard and mousepad colors) but when i installed other versions of alienware command centre, none of them worked. so now i cant change the lighting.

here is a pic of the laptop,

NBR Community Moderator

see my post directly above yours