Quantcast Good games to play without a mouse?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Good games to play without a mouse?

What are some good games to play without a mouse? Last night I ended up playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, but that was it.

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Good games to play without a mouse?

I love me some rollecoaster Tycoon, one of the best videogames ever created imo!

If you enjoy racing titles then there's the newer Need for Speed games and the Dirt rally games, not much mouse input needed for those titles.

STEAM has a load of old Sega games, sidescroller type shooting games from the early 90's that don't need a mouse to play, I'm quite partial to Streets of Rage myself :P

Rollercoaster Tycoon was recently released on GoG, so by mentioning it I'll assume you know what I'm talking about, the Decent games and others of it's ilk are the sort of flying/shooting hybrid type of videogame that can be a blast and need no mouse input from what I remember and can be had on GoG for a cheap price...

You could play a whole heap more modern titles if you could put up with a gamecontroller as a mouse substitute but I'm guessing you can't for the same reason you're not gaming with a mouse! :P

Oh, Steam has some sidescrollers like Braid and Abe's Oddyssey which are also fun and require no dedicated mouse.

Notebook Enthusiast

Personally I would go for emulators. Massive library of games to play with some of the best games ever made, most of which work perfectly using WASD and then a few keys around the . and / for the buttons. Also not taxing on the laptop specs and take up a relatively small amount of space.

Edit: Steam has Abes Odyssey? Im all over it :O

Notebook Evangelist

World of goo = fantastic puzzler on steam
    Nebula Red Alienware M14X| Core i7-2630QM | HyperX 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz|1.5GB GT555M|180GB Corsair Sandforce F160 SSD|BIOs A05|Repasted with MX-4 - selling as I moved to desktop

Is that lemon zest?

Most racing games can be played with the keyboard right there on your lap. My favs for travel or waiting rooms. If I have a table to play on though I break out the mouse and shoot zombies.

Kings Quest is one of the best selling games of all time.

Amazon.com: King's Quest Collection: Sierra: Video Games
    Last edited by 1hipcat; 11th July 2011 at 02:47 PM.

Notebook Enthusiast

Trackmania Nations/United Forever is a blast with keyboard only
    Clevo (Horize) W110ER - Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3610QM 2.3-3.3Ghz Turbo, IC Diamond 24 Carat on CPU+GPU, 8GB 1600Mhz RAM, 500GB Hybrid Momentus XT Hard Disk Drive, Standard Wireless Card + Bluetooth, Standard 1366x768 Matte Display

Notebook Geek

Super Meat Boy! Crazy addictive game. Was in the steam summer sale a couple of days ago...

Notebook Consultant

hmm i cant call a nice game for trackpad, maybe come causual games like BRAID, FLIGHT CONTROL HD, jamestown, shatter, terraria and maybe TORCHLIGHT
    Alienware M11x
    SU7300 @1.6Ghz Gt 335 @stock clocks 2Gb DDR3 250 Gb HDD @7200 RPM

Lost in the MYST

Worms! Is a fun game to play without a mouse

Alienware M17xR2
    Core i7 920XM | 256GB Samsung SSD + 500 GB Seagate Momentus | 17" 102% Wide Gamut 1920 x 1200 RGBLED | Blu-ray Burner | ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 x2 | 8GB DDR3@1333MHZ | Bigfoot Killer Wireless -N 1103 | Soundblaster X-FI Surround 5.1 Pro + TB HPA2 True 5.1 Headset w/ TB Z6a In line amp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast