Quantcast Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller Error: "Check Cable Connection" at Boot-Up(R2)

Closed Thread
    That Compsci/Psych Major

Default Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller Error: "Check Cable Connection" at Boot-Up(R2)

Its not too big of a deal. It only adds 2seconds to boot up but it says that there is an error with the PCIE Ethernet Controller and to "Check Cable Connection." I installed the Atheros Driver to no avail. I just reformatted my drive to start fresh and get rid of small bugs like this. Any ideas on what this is a result of?

Thanks,
    DeeVu

"Persephone" - GPU: GTX 670 / CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.3GHz w/ Hyper212+
    MoBo: Z77X-UD5H / 8GB Corsair DDR3 / 550D Midtower w/ 6 120m SickleFlow Fans
    1GB Black WD + 128GB 320 Samsung SSD
    Laptop: Acer Aspire M Ultrabook

My Quick Guide to Buying Your M11x

That Compsci/Psych Major

Default Re: Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller Error: "Check Cable Connection" at Boot-Up(R2)

Wow. Fixed it. I had to revert the boot order which was screwed up when I had to start up from CD.

It was trying to boot from network instead of hard drive.

"Persephone" - GPU: GTX 670 / CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.3GHz w/ Hyper212+
    MoBo: Z77X-UD5H / 8GB Corsair DDR3 / 550D Midtower w/ 6 120m SickleFlow Fans
    1GB Black WD + 128GB 320 Samsung SSD
    Laptop: Acer Aspire M Ultrabook

My Quick Guide to Buying Your M11x

Default Re: Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller Error: "Check Cable Connection" at Boot-Up(R2)

I'm having the same issue with my brother's laptop. Do you remember the boot order you had everything in for it to work?

Notebook Geek

Just make sure network boot is last or disabled.

I have set the network boot to last but I still get the error when it tries to start itself up.

EDIT: I figured out how to disable the network boot instead of just giving it the last priority, and now when it starts up I get "No bootable device -- Please restart system_"

Any idea what this means and what I should do about it?