Quantcast Removable anti-glare screen?

Closed Thread
    Notebook Guru

Default Removable anti-glare screen?

I've heard this laptop's screen is very reflective. Rather than putting on a permanent anti-glare screen protector, are there any you can put on and off? I've used privacy screens on other laptops, but they had these little tabs you attach to the edge of the screen to hold it on, but there is a lip on the laptops you can use those on (like thinkpads), which the m11x doesn't have. I was thinking there might be some way to get either a privacy screen or anti-glare screen (if they make them) and then attach it somehow (hopefully there's a better way than tape). This would allow the best of both worlds (no glare in the day and better screen quality at night). Anyone know of any way to do this?

Notebook Guru

Default Re: Removable anti-glare screen?

No one has ever thought of this or has any ideas or opinions?

Banned

find a privacy screen that's about 11 inches >?

Banned

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DboogieC View Post
    find a privacy screen that's about 11 inches >?
    Yeah, but how would I temporarily attach it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DboogieC View Post
    That's the one everyone uses but it has to be applied, so I wouldn't be able to take it off whenever I felt like it.

I guess everyone either settles for glare or a worse screen, and never found a way to switch between the two?

Notebook Deity

I don't really find the glare a problem, thought I would. The screens on both of mine are bright enough and I don't sit with the sun or bright lights behind me. The screen tilts and what I read would be a big negative has not really been one. Like most things after awhile you compensate for it.
    Landed I7 4900mq 4.0 - SOLD The otherside,The Alienside Predator 2 i5 4430 - 8g 1600 - Asus Hero mobo - 64g mSata OS - Asus GTX660 2Gb - 750 PSU
    Predator ALX Under Construction 171 of 200 made
    Custom Area 51 ALX - I5 4670K - 16g 2133 - OS and Orgin Dual Samsung 840 500g Raid 0 - Dual OCz 240 SSD's Raid 0 for Steam - Dual Mars 760 Quad Asus Maximus VI Hero - SupremeFX - 1.2 Kw PSU - 3dmark P18523 - http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7941545

Notebook Deity

Same here... Glare is not that much of an issue with me. I guess I do use my M11x in darker rooms though and rarely take it outside.

Don't they make anti-glare eyewear? I think the glasses are like 80 bucks for the good ones... Ebay "Gaming glasses" or something like that.