Quantcast m11x shut down, won't turn on

Closed Thread
    Notebook Consultant

Default m11x shut down, won't turn on

Today just isn't my day, it seems - right after getting my laptop back from dell I'ce had an overheating charger, a badly put on keybowrd, non functioning led lights, and now to top it all off while I was playing half life 2 the laptop suddenly turned off, and now won't turn on again.

The laptop wasn't even warm, and I'd been playing on the charger, too. The battery meter is still full and the standby use charger port is still working. I've disconnected the battery and tried to start It from mains alone, no luck. I'm kids at a loss at what to do.

The processor was overlooked but there was no blue screen error.
    Alienware m11x - "Say hello to my little friend".

*goddammit when will dell send me back my little friend?*

Notebook Deity

Default Re: m11x shut down, won't turn on

Since you disconnected the battery, have you tried holding down the power button for 20sec? Also can you verify that your charger is also not defective still?

Might want to give Dell a call since this seems like a pretty big problem not due to overheating.

Try holding down the power for twenty seconds and booting up in safe mode, if possible.

If that doesn't work, CALL DELL. Don't open the system up to check for faulty parts, just call them. If you've just gotten the system back, the fault may be theirs. But if you start messing with the internals, who knows what they'll pin you with.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
    Today just isn't my day, it seems - right after getting my laptop back from dell I'ce had an overheating charger, a badly put on keybowrd, non functioning led lights, and now to top it all off while I was playing half life 2 the laptop suddenly turned off, and now won't turn on again.

The laptop wasn't even warm, and I'd been playing on the charger, too. The battery meter is still full and the standby use charger port is still working. I've disconnected the battery and tried to start It from mains alone, no luck. I'm kids at a loss at what to do.

The processor was overlooked but there was no blue screen error.

Step 1: Disconnect the battery.

Step 2: Disconnect any power source including charger cable.

Step 3: Hold down the power button on the M11x for 10 seconds.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit.
    Alienware M17x
    Intel Core i5 520M 2.4GHz (2.93GHz Turbo Mode, 3MB Cache)
    |4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz| 17-inch WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 (900p)
    Dual 1GB ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4870 in CrossfireX 500GB 7,200RPM SATA-II HDD
    Alienware M9750
    |Dual Nvidia GeForce 512mb in SLI| 17-inch 1440 x 900 (900p)4GB Dual Channel DDR2

Razer Orochi

Notebook Consultant

Tried disconnecting the battery and holding power. No signs of life whatsoever. I even called up at my friends house to.make sure my charger was still working and it seems fine (it was a new one from dell when I told them my older one wad overheating)

So dell will be picking up the laptop again.

totally not my week...
    Alienware m11x - "Say hello to my little friend".

*goddammit when will dell send me back my little friend?*