Quantcast Legacy AlienFX Tools and Applications - Page 15

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Legacy AlienFX Tools and Applications

Notebook Deity

Default Re: AlienFX Tools and Applications

It was you Moo.

@bkral, I guess I found your problem.. may be. Have you chosen Desktop as option in the program? If I use Desktop then I can reproduce the problem that you told me.

Could not test Command Center as I do not have it installed on my machine. Make sure you are choosing Laptop as an option and reset the color again
    Alienware Area-51® m15x
    Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5GHz | 15.4" WXGA LCD | NVIDIA GeForce 8700m GT | Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
    Crucial 4GB DDR2 800MHZ - 2x2048MB | 120GB | PC Mark: Vista 32Bit: 3799 , Vista 64Bit: 4097

Running Vista x64 on m15x , Running Vista x64 on m17x , AlienFX Tools & Applications

Here we go again.....

Quote Originally Posted by findvikas View Post
    It was you Moo.

@bkral, I guess I found your problem.. may be. Have you chosen Desktop as option in the program? If I use Desktop then I can reproduce the problem that you told me.

Could not test Command Center as I do not have it installed on my machine. Make sure you are choosing Laptop as an option and reset the color again

at the moment i do not have my M17x but as soon as I do I will get with you to help test the M17x to get this great program working

Notebook Consultant

Im waiting for somebody to possibly get the patch for the m17x lighted keyboard. but that file is in myHive... which since this is a 2nd laptop... I cant access...

"m17x_lighted_keyboard.zip" is the patch from myHive I need... because I remember at one point having to patch the m17x_RIPLEY_Model.exe. And by reading that I guess I must have installed the one that doesnt have the lighting registry entries. :\

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bkral View Post
    Im waiting for somebody to possibly get the patch for the m17x lighted keyboard. but that file is in myHive... which since this is a 2nd laptop... I cant access...

"m17x_lighted_keyboard.zip" is the patch from myHive I need... because I remember at one point having to patch the m17x_RIPLEY_Model.exe. And by reading that I guess I must have installed the one that doesnt have the lighting registry entries. :\
    Here is the replica of the My Hive...

m15x mini-MyHive
    Alienware Area-51® m15x
    Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5GHz | 15.4" WXGA LCD | NVIDIA GeForce 8700m GT | Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
    Crucial 4GB DDR2 800MHZ - 2x2048MB | 120GB | PC Mark: Vista 32Bit: 3799 , Vista 64Bit: 4097

Running Vista x64 on m15x , Running Vista x64 on m17x , AlienFX Tools & Applications

Here we go again.....

Quote Originally Posted by findvikas View Post
    Here is the replica of the My Hive...

m15x mini-MyHive

I might be wrong but those are only m15x drivers

Notebook Consultant

yeah. if i use that. when i open Command Center... it says the model of laptop doesnt match the theme so settings cant be applied.

And i dont see a setting anywhere to change from "desktop" to "laptop".

2B or not 2B

Quote Originally Posted by bkral View Post
    yeah. if i use that. when i open Command Center... it says the model of laptop doesnt match the theme so settings cant be applied.

And i dont see a setting anywhere to change from "desktop" to "laptop".
    you may want to PM findvikas then and see if he can assist you better.
    he has been one of our "inventors" for several programs and stuff.
    he should be able to guide you through what you need.
    m11x | U7300 @ 1.73 | gt 335m | 4gb/OCZ | ssd

Notebook Deity

You are right actually, I missed that part.

Open the attached ZIP file and apply the patch according to your model (
    Ripley or Skullcap)

From an old thread of mine...

FIX: **AlienFX Keyboard not detected in Command Center**

If you have AlienFX Keyboard but your Command Center does not detect it dont worry, here is the FIX for it.
    Their are two ways to fix it, either I patch another DLL or just do a registry hack. I will go for easy way patching the registry. (confirmed that it works, please do let me know if it does not for you)

1) Open task manager, go to processes, select AlienwareAlienFXController.exe and click End Process
    2) Open Regedit
    3) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\SYSTEM\BIOS
    4) On the right hand side, check the BaseBoardManufacturer value it should be "Alienware"
    5) Change it to "ASUS" (without quote)
    6) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Alienware
    7) On the right hand side right click and create a new DWORD value, name it "AlienFXKeyboard", set its value to 1 (name seem to be case sensitive)
    9) Start the Command Center, it will ask you to start AlienFX Controller agree to it.
    10) Go to Theme->Close Theme
    11) Go to Theme->Open Theme->Choose "Alienware" (the default theme which came with Command Center)
    12) You should have Keyboard listed there now (tell me if not)
    13) Choose the color, apply them and close the Command Center
    14) Follow Step 1 to 3 again
    15) Revert the BaseBoardManufacturer to "Alienware"
    16) Delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Alienware\AlienFXKeyboard key
    17) Start the command center again and you should have the keyboard value there.
    18) To confirm that it works, close the current theme and create another new theme and it will still show the keyboard in there.

ROOT CAUSE: Alienware uses Virtual USB Device to control it's AlienFX. While installing the Command Center it somehow disable the keyboard assuming that there is no AlienFX Keyboard installed. So it sends the disable signal to keyboard which got preserved in BIOS. When we set the board to ASUS, it does not tries to read the value from BIOS as ASUS's board might not support storing this value in BIOS and rather it read the value from registry.

Once we set those values and enable the keyboard it's actually stored in BIOS with a setting which turn the keyboard enabled. Now you no longer need the registry changes and can safely revert them back.

Try the below fix if the above does not work for you...

1) Uninstall both Command Center and OSD
    2) Reboot the machine and see if your touch control works... atleast the lights turn on/off
    3) Install the OSD and move the dll to syswow64 (see my guide for detailed information)
    4) Reboot the machine and see if your touch control works and you can see on screen display icons
    5) If everything works then do the Command Center patch.

Let's give it another shot...
    Simply create a new theme file once all done.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alienware Area-51® m15x

Notebook Consultant

yeah. i tried that last night. some of the registry entries you mention weren't actually in my registry.

is the f17ripley registry entry for the first gen m17x?

Notebook Deity

yes (10 chars)
    Alienware Area-51® m15x