Quantcast ReInstall the OS

Closed Thread
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default ReInstall the OS

i want reinstall the OS my AWMX18R2
    how about driver and other software support ( software default from AW ). Where i can get it ?

need special step for install the driver software
    ie : must install xxx driver frist, then xxxx driver, then xxxx ...

i have Asus G73JW
    must be with special step for install driver
    can't random install. Become BSOD lol ...
    Alienware MX18 R2
    Intel Core i7-3610QM - 32GB RAM - 120GB SSD OCZ Vertex 4 + 258 OCZ Vertex 4 + 258GB OCZ Vertex 4
    SLI Enabled GTX675m

Notebook Consultant
    ALIENWARE m18x R2 ► ╬ Nebula Red ╬ 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3920XM ╬ Dual 2GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 7970M CrossFireX ╬ HyperX 16gb DDR3 1866 mHz ╬ Vertex 4 256GB SSD & 1TB RAID 0 7200rpm +32GB mSATA Caching SSD ╬ Killer Wireless-N 1103 and Bluetooth 4.0 ╬ Slot-Loading Blu-ray ╬ AVerTV mini Tuner ExpressCard ╬ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ╬ TactX Keyboard & mouse ╬ ASUS VG23AH Full HD 1080p 3D IPS LED ╬ ◄

Sanity = √(-x)
    Chasing imaginary butterflies into something highly illegal
    "The question is never why, it is always why not."
    Alienware M17x-R2 Lunar Silver:
    Intel i7-920XM | 1920x1200 LCD |
    AMD Radeon HD 5870M |
    8GB Vengeance PC3-12800 DDR3 RAM |SB Recon3D Omega Wireless |
    Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 |
    BD-ROM/DVD+RW/DL |
    256GB Samsung 840 PRO
    | 2 x 750GB Western Digital Scorpio Black |
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Notepal Cooler Master U3 |

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: ReInstall the OS

Quote Originally Posted by Lycossa View Post
    i want reinstall the OS my AWMX18R2
    how about driver and other software support ( software default from AW ). Where i can get it ?

need special step for install the driver software
    ie : must install xxx driver frist, then xxxx driver, then xxxx ...

i have Asus G73JW
    must be with special step for install driver
    can't random install. Become BSOD lol ...

I just went through this myself about a week ago. This can be tackled from different points. Are you upgrading your hard drive to another larger capsity or SSD? If not, then you can just create an image and respawn it with Alienware Respawn. If your moving from an mechanical to an SSD, then you can still use the Respawn method. Many people don't go this route, because you risk the chance of error due to size of the SSD. Personal I went that route and it worked just fine. This is the list that you would want to follow to retrieve your Alienware look.

1. Create a recovery with Respawn and Respawn that image once done. If you desire a clean install, just use the Windows DVD that was provided to you when you first received you system.
    2. Install OS. If your not sure how to, use the link provided. Follow the last two videos. http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...ng-thread.html
    3. Follow the steps provided in this link HOW TO: Clean Windows 7 Install (Driver Install Order) Guide for Alienware Systems
    4. If you want Alienware Autopsy back, you can get it from this link What is the Alienware AlienAutopsy Software and Where can I download? | Dell
    5. I shouldn't need this link if you used the OS DVD that was provided with your system, but if you didn't then follow this guide http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...ndows-7-a.html
    6. Enjoy

If you need some more help, PM me and Ill be glad to give you a hand.
    M18x R2 | Space Black Anodized Aluminum | 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3720QM | OEM 3-Pipe Heatsink | CrossfireX 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 7970M | 18.4 inch WLED WideFHD | 256gb Samsung 830 SSD (Boot and Programs) | 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT (Secondary Programs and Data) | 500GB 7200RPM (Data) | 16gb HyperX 2133mhz P'n'P | Blu Ray Combo | Internal Bluetooth 4.0 | Killer Wireless-N 1103 | Win 7 Ultimate |

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by lilone21804 View Post
    I just went through this myself about a week ago. This can be tackled from different points. Are you upgrading your hard drive to another larger capsity or SSD? If not, then you can just create an image and respawn it with Alienware Respawn. If your moving from an mechanical to an SSD, then you can still use the Respawn method. Many people don't go this route, because you risk the chance of error due to size of the SSD. Personal I went that route and it worked just fine. This is the list that you would want to follow to retrieve your Alienware look.

1. Create a recovery with Respawn and Respawn that image once done. If you desire a clean install, just use the Windows DVD that was provided to you when you first received you system.
    2. Install OS. If your not sure how to, use the link provided. Follow the last two videos. http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...ng-thread.html
    3. Follow the steps provided in this link HOW TO: Clean Windows 7 Install (Driver Install Order) Guide for Alienware Systems
    4. If you want Alienware Autopsy back, you can get it from this link What is the Alienware AlienAutopsy Software and Where can I download? | Dell
    5. I shouldn't need this link if you used the OS DVD that was provided with your system, but if you didn't then follow this guide http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...ndows-7-a.html
    6. Enjoy

If you need some more help, PM me and Ill be glad to give you a hand.

very confused about RAID
    for now i have configure Hardisk like this

SSD 120GB + SSD 258 GB + Normal Hardisk 500 GB

so how to setup RAID ?
    can i just reformat the SSD120GB ( this SSD just for C: windows file )
    Alienware MX18 R2
    Intel Core i7-3610QM - 32GB RAM - 120GB SSD OCZ Vertex 4 + 258 OCZ Vertex 4 + 258GB OCZ Vertex 4
    SLI Enabled GTX675m

Temporarily Unavailable

We already have threads for discussion of doing a clean OS installation. Please participate in the discussion in an existing thread instead of creating new thread. (Links provided above already... thanks, gents.)

Leave the BIOS set to RAID, but don't create a RAID drive membership with dissimilar drives.
    Alienware M18xR2 | 3920XM | GTX 780M SLI | Dual 330W AC Adapter
    32GB 2133 | 512GB SSD RAID0 | 4TB HDD RAID0 | 250GB mSATA

.M18xR2 Benchmarks: 3920XM | 680M SLI | 780M SLI | Custom Yellow Pearl

Alienware 18 | 4930MX | GTX 780M SLI
    Alienware M17x R2 | XPS 15 L521x | Inspiron 15
    Inspiron M5030 | Inspiron E1505 | Dell Mini 9

Need help? Please look here before posting: LINK