Quantcast Uninstalling nvidia driver - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Uninstalling nvidia driver

    Oh i forgot to mention.. I ran driver sweeper and ccleaner under safe mode

  2. #12
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Alien World
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Uninstalling nvidia driver

    Try to remove everything in safe mode with driver sweeper and ccleaner. When you go back to windows, try to install dell driver and not the beta driver. If that also does not fix your problem, than most probably you messed up something in your windows files and you may require a clean installation... In my opinion...
    You want good customer service and full support? Have no second thoughts!

    ALIEN M18XR2 l i7 3920XM | 680 SLi 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866 Mhz | 1.23TB SSD | WHAT A BEAST!

    ALIEN 17 | i7 4900MQ | Nvidia GTX 780M | 32GB RAM | 240GB mSATA OS | SAMSUNG SSD EVO 3 X 1TB RAD 0 |

    Samsung Series 7 Ultra | i5 3337U | 8 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD | TOUCH SCREEN 1080P 13.3"

    Most useful info by Mr. Fox

  3. #13
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Uninstalling nvidia driver

    Quote Originally Posted by juliant View Post
    Try to remove everything in safe mode with driver sweeper and ccleaner. When you go back to windows, try to install dell driver and not the beta driver. If that also does not fix your problem, than most probably you messed up something in your windows files and you may require a clean installation... In my opinion...
    I already remove everything in safe mode..
    I tried to install dell official driver which is 302.72

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install dell.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	83782

    As you can see, still failed.

    I guess i messed up something

  4. #14
    Notebook Nobel Laureate
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chester,England
    Posts
    9,752
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: Uninstalling nvidia driver

    I agree with Juliant.....the only other thing I would try before a clean install would be the following:

    Turn off windows update auto driver updates by typing change device installation settings into the start menu box. Set it to look like below.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	device settings.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	83793

    From normal mode - not safe mode - manually uninstall any drivers that show up in device manager until you are back at VGA. I would do this for the bottom Display adapter first and then the top one. Check in control panel/programs that you have NO Nvidia stuff showing.

    Reboot into safe mode and run Driver Sweeper and CCleaner as detailed before. Make sure that Driver Sweeper comes back with Zero results and also Registry clean for CClean comes back with zero results too....might take a few passes of both.

    Reboot normally and try the installation again - if you want to, grab a fresh download of the driver you want to use.

    If that fails, I imagine something is corrupted in the OS itself as by now, you should be able to install drivers without a problem.
    Last edited by steviejones133; 5th September 2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Currently: Alienware 14 | 4700mq | GTX765m (upgraded from GT750m )| 8gb | Win 7 Ultimate & 8.1 Pro| 1920x1080 IPS | Killer 1202 & Broadcom 4352 (Latter for WiDi) | 512gb PM830 & 750gb | UltraSharp U2711 2560x1440 & U3011 2560x1600 | NotePal U3 | Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    Previously: M18x R1 | 2960xm | 680m SLI & M17x R2 | 840qm | Crossfire 5870


    Click here to see My Alienware 14 Teardown Video in 1080p!

  5. #15
    Use a bigger hammer...
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Roswell, New Mexico
    Posts
    16,962
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: Uninstalling nvidia driver

    nantha939 - I think you may have something corrupted in your registry. I've never had trouble with NVIDIA or AMD driver removal of the nature that you are experiencing.

    Judging from the screen shots, something with the installer program is hosed.

    Do you have a System Restore point earlier that when all of your driver removal headaches began? Trying going back to a point in time before all of this started. Go back a couple of restore points earlier if you can.

    If that does not work out and neither do Brother Stevie's or Julian's last suggestions, I think you should either do a Respawn factory restore or just do a clean OS reinstall and be done with it.

    BTW, Driver Sweeper was replaced by Driver Fusion. I'm using that now and it's pretty slick. You may want to scope it out. I think it's worth the $14.99 they ask for it. It has some features that Driver Sweeper did not.
    Alienware M18xR2 | 3920XM | GTX 780M SLI | Dual 330W AC Adapter
    32GB 2133 | 512GB SSD RAID0 | 4TB HDD RAID0 | 250GB mSATA

    .M18xR2 Benchmarks: 3920XM | 680M SLI | 780M SLI | Custom Yellow Pearl

    Alienware 18 | 4930MX | GTX 780M SLI
    Alienware M17x R2 | XPS 15 L521x | Inspiron 15
    Inspiron M5030 | Inspiron E1505 | Dell Mini 9

    Need help? Please look here before posting: LINK



  6. #16
    Notebook Deity
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY And D.R.
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Uninstalling nvidia driver

    the best thing to do is a clean windows install. here is how to do it, HOW TO: Clean Windows 7 Install (Driver Install Order) Guide for Alienware Systems
    Alienware 18|i7-4930MX|Dual 780M|16GB DDR3L 1600MHz|Samsung 840 EVO 1TB| Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit|4 Year Warranty|Accidental Damage Service,4 Years|Alienware TactX Mouse|Alienware TactX Headset|Vindicator Backpack|Vindicator Briefcase|Razer Ouroboros|M18XR1|580M SLI|OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB|G700|Kingston Hyperx 16GB at 1866|Wave® music system III with Bluetooth® music adapter|iPhone 5S 64GB|BOSE SOUNDTOUCH 30|

  7. #17
    Company Representative
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,459
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Uninstalling nvidia driver

    I agree, at this point a Windows 7 Clean Install seems like the wisest choice.

  8. #18
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
    nantha939 - I think you may have something corrupted in your registry. I've never had trouble with NVIDIA or AMD driver removal of the nature that you are experiencing.

    Judging from the screen shots, something with the installer program is hosed.

    Do you have a System Restore point earlier that when all of your driver removal headaches began? Trying going back to a point in time before all of this started. Go back a couple of restore points earlier if you can.

    If that does not work out and neither do Brother Stevie's or Julian's last suggestions, I think you should either do a Respawn factory restore or just do a clean OS reinstall and be done with it.

    BTW, Driver Sweeper was replaced by Driver Fusion. I'm using that now and it's pretty slick. You may want to scope it out. I think it's worth the $14.99 they ask for it. It has some features that Driver Sweeper did not.
    Now that is my other problem.. I did not have a system restore point.. Hahahaha stupid me

    I think im gonna do a clean install os.

    Again, thanks for your suggestion Mr. Fox


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  9. #19
    Notebook Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bumbo2 View Post
    the best thing to do is a clean windows install. here is how to do it, HOW TO: Clean Windows 7 Install (Driver Install Order) Guide for Alienware Systems
    Yes you're right. I give up and i think im gonna do a clean install os.

    Hey thanks for the link you gave. It would make my life easier, heheh

    Appreciate that


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. The Defininitive nVidia Driver Upgrade Guide
    By iaTa in forum Gateway and eMachines
    Replies: 939
    Last Post: 3rd July 2012, 04:17 PM
  2. Y570 - reinstalling Nvidia driver
    By biteater in forum IdeaPad & Essential
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12th June 2012, 01:34 AM
  3. my Dell XPS 15 L502X, nvidia driver.
    By Rarity in forum Dell XPS and Studio XPS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th August 2011, 02:52 PM
  4. I think i my fixed the SSD BSOD nvidia driver issue!
    By dopebohy in forum Alienware 17 and M17x
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 6th May 2011, 02:26 AM
  5. Nvidia Driver issue with the 8662?
    By Zenaku in forum Sager and Clevo
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd March 2010, 07:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1