Quantcast Uninstalling nvidia driver - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Notebook Enthusiast

Default Re: Uninstalling nvidia driver

Oh i forgot to mention.. I ran driver sweeper and ccleaner under safe mode

Notebook Deity

Try to remove everything in safe mode with driver sweeper and ccleaner. When you go back to windows, try to install dell driver and not the beta driver. If that also does not fix your problem, than most probably you messed up something in your windows files and you may require a clean installation... In my opinion...
    You want good customer service and full support? Have no second thoughts!

ALIEN M18XR2 l i7 3920XM | 680 SLi 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866 Mhz | 1.23TB SSD | WHAT A BEAST!

ALIEN 17 | i7 4900MQ | Nvidia GTX 780M | 32GB RAM | 240GB mSATA OS | SAMSUNG SSD EVO 3 X 1TB RAD 0 |

Samsung Series 7 Ultra | i5 3337U | 8 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD | TOUCH SCREEN 1080P 13.3"

Most useful info by Mr. Fox

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by juliant View Post
    Try to remove everything in safe mode with driver sweeper and ccleaner. When you go back to windows, try to install dell driver and not the beta driver. If that also does not fix your problem, than most probably you messed up something in your windows files and you may require a clean installation... In my opinion...
    I already remove everything in safe mode..
    I tried to install dell official driver which is 302.72

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	install dell.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	83782

As you can see, still failed.

I guess i messed up something

Notebook Nobel Laureate

I agree with Juliant.....the only other thing I would try before a clean install would be the following:

Turn off windows update auto driver updates by typing change device installation settings into the start menu box. Set it to look like below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	device settings.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	83793

From normal mode - not safe mode - manually uninstall any drivers that show up in device manager until you are back at VGA. I would do this for the bottom Display adapter first and then the top one. Check in control panel/programs that you have NO Nvidia stuff showing.

Reboot into safe mode and run Driver Sweeper and CCleaner as detailed before. Make sure that Driver Sweeper comes back with Zero results and also Registry clean for CClean comes back with zero results too....might take a few passes of both.

Reboot normally and try the installation again - if you want to, grab a fresh download of the driver you want to use.

If that fails, I imagine something is corrupted in the OS itself as by now, you should be able to install drivers without a problem.
    Last edited by steviejones133; 5th September 2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Currently: Alienware 14 | 4700mq | GTX765m (upgraded from GT750m )| 8gb | Win 7 Ultimate & 8.1 Pro| 1920x1080 IPS | Killer 1202 & Broadcom 4352 (Latter for WiDi) | 512gb PM830 & 750gb | UltraSharp U2711 2560x1440 & U3011 2560x1600 | NotePal U3 | Harman Kardon Soundsticks III
    Previously: M18x R1 | 2960xm | 680m SLI & M17x R2 | 840qm | Crossfire 5870

Click here to see My Alienware 14 Teardown Video in 1080p!

Use a bigger hammer...

nantha939 - I think you may have something corrupted in your registry. I've never had trouble with NVIDIA or AMD driver removal of the nature that you are experiencing.

Judging from the screen shots, something with the installer program is hosed.

Do you have a System Restore point earlier that when all of your driver removal headaches began? Trying going back to a point in time before all of this started. Go back a couple of restore points earlier if you can.

If that does not work out and neither do Brother Stevie's or Julian's last suggestions, I think you should either do a Respawn factory restore or just do a clean OS reinstall and be done with it.

BTW, Driver Sweeper was replaced by Driver Fusion. I'm using that now and it's pretty slick. You may want to scope it out. I think it's worth the $14.99 they ask for it. It has some features that Driver Sweeper did not.
    Alienware M18xR2 | 3920XM | GTX 780M SLI | Dual 330W AC Adapter
    32GB 2133 | 512GB SSD RAID0 | 4TB HDD RAID0 | 250GB mSATA

.M18xR2 Benchmarks: 3920XM | 680M SLI | 780M SLI | Custom Yellow Pearl

Alienware 18 | 4930MX | GTX 780M SLI
    Alienware M17x R2 | XPS 15 L521x | Inspiron 15
    Inspiron M5030 | Inspiron E1505 | Dell Mini 9

Need help? Please look here before posting: LINK

Notebook Deity

the best thing to do is a clean windows install. here is how to do it, HOW TO: Clean Windows 7 Install (Driver Install Order) Guide for Alienware Systems
    Alienware 18|i7-4930MX|Dual 780M|16GB DDR3L 1600MHz|Samsung 840 EVO 1TB| Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit|4 Year Warranty|Accidental Damage Service,4 Years|Alienware TactX Mouse|Alienware TactX Headset|Vindicator Backpack|Vindicator Briefcase|Razer Ouroboros|M18XR1|580M SLI|OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB|G700|Kingston Hyperx 16GB at 1866|Wave® music system III with Bluetooth® music adapter|iPhone 5S 64GB|BOSE SOUNDTOUCH 30|

Company Representative

I agree, at this point a Windows 7 Clean Install seems like the wisest choice.

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fox View Post
    nantha939 - I think you may have something corrupted in your registry. I've never had trouble with NVIDIA or AMD driver removal of the nature that you are experiencing.

Judging from the screen shots, something with the installer program is hosed.

Do you have a System Restore point earlier that when all of your driver removal headaches began? Trying going back to a point in time before all of this started. Go back a couple of restore points earlier if you can.

If that does not work out and neither do Brother Stevie's or Julian's last suggestions, I think you should either do a Respawn factory restore or just do a clean OS reinstall and be done with it.

BTW, Driver Sweeper was replaced by Driver Fusion. I'm using that now and it's pretty slick. You may want to scope it out. I think it's worth the $14.99 they ask for it. It has some features that Driver Sweeper did not.
    Now that is my other problem.. I did not have a system restore point.. Hahahaha stupid me

I think im gonna do a clean install os.

Again, thanks for your suggestion Mr. Fox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bumbo2 View Post
    the best thing to do is a clean windows install. here is how to do it, HOW TO: Clean Windows 7 Install (Driver Install Order) Guide for Alienware Systems
    Yes you're right. I give up and i think im gonna do a clean install os.

Hey thanks for the link you gave. It would make my life easier, heheh

Appreciate that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12