Quantcast Radeon Pro

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radeon Pro

Notebook Enthusiast

Default Radeon Pro

Hey any one using this RadeonPro Downloads - Download Radeon Pro
    for their AMD Radeon 6900m on BF3, anyone got any ideas of what settings it should be on ?

Notebook Consultant

Default Re: Radeon Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sculls View Post
    Hey any one using this RadeonPro Downloads - Download Radeon Pro
    for their AMD Radeon 6900m on BF3, anyone got any ideas of what settings it should be on ?
    Pretty sure it's covered in the thread below:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...on-thread.html
    Alienware M18x R1 | Intel i7 2860QM 2.5GHz | NVIDIA GTX 580M SLI | 16GB DDR3 | HyperX 240 gb SSD Raid0 | Killer Wireless-N 1103 | Internal 60GHz WirelessHD Transmitter

Notebook Consultant

Caution: I downloaded Radeon Pro yesterday morning and chose the option "These video drivers have features that can be enabled. Do you want Radeon Pro to enable them?" and so I did.

When I came home in the evening, Skyrim was getting less than 12fps in town on my 6990M CF. On the same detail level, the IGP (Intel HD) got 20 FPS! (with 8x AA, too! Grats Intel! No really!)

Anyways, somehow the AMD PowerPlay option got turned off entirely, and when I turned it back on, my performance jumped back up to 45-60 FPS

I'm pretty sure Radeon Pro was the culprit. It was the only thing I added that morning. I uninstalled Radeon Pro, reactivated PowerPlay and installed Radeon Pro again, without the "extra features" from the driver. This morning it worked just fine.

Notebook Deity

Quote Originally Posted by locust76 View Post
    Caution: I downloaded Radeon Pro yesterday morning and chose the option "These video drivers have features that can be enabled. Do you want Radeon Pro to enable them?" and so I did.

When I came home in the evening, Skyrim was getting less than 12fps in town on my 6990M CF. On the same detail level, the IGP (Intel HD) got 20 FPS! (with 8x AA, too! Grats Intel! No really!)

Anyways, somehow the AMD PowerPlay option got turned off entirely, and when I turned it back on, my performance jumped back up to 45-60 FPS

I'm pretty sure Radeon Pro was the culprit. It was the only thing I added that morning. I uninstalled Radeon Pro, reactivated PowerPlay and installed Radeon Pro again, without the "extra features" from the driver. This morning it worked just fine.
    I have used radeon pro forever and I never had that issue. I always let it enable the driver features on auto and on skyrim my FPS is always above 60.
    Dellienware M18x-R1 (Anodized Aluminum Nebula Red): i7-2820QM | 18.4" 1920x1080 WLED| ATi 6990m Crossfire | 16 GB DDR 3 1333mhz | HD Wireless Transmitter | Bigfoot Killer 1103| Raid 0 - OCZ Vertex 3 Series MAX IOPS Edition 240GB SSD Boot Time King *Thread*

Notebook Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by locust76 View Post

Ya I've accidentally turned off powerplay . GPU will stay at 100/150 even when running a game. Sucks when you finally realize what happened.

I think radeon pro just hooks into the surface format optimizations and such and that's about all the "driver feature" popup does.
    M18x: 2820QM | XFire 6990 | 16GB @ 1600MHZ | SSD Patriot Wildfire 240GB | 750GB @ 7.2K

Notebook Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nuroo View Post
    Pretty sure it's covered in the thread below:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alie...on-thread.html
    That's one long thread don't have that much time to read that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk