Quantcast M17x Problem/Technical Question thread - Page 5

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: M17x Problem/Technical Question thread

Quote Originally Posted by qinen View Post
    My M17x dims for no reason when I switch from battery mode to cable mode for no reason and vice versa.
    Sometimes it happens imediately, sometimes after it goes into screensaver.
    Anyone know whats wrong with my m17x? I checked my power plan and auto dim is turned off during both modes.
    Your battery is probably set to "balance" which lowers performance to make battery last longer. If you want screen to be the same as when on AC you need to switch battery mode to performance. When you switch from battery to AC I am not sure why it dims.

I just want to know if I can replace my 1440x900 screen with an HD 1920x1080.
    I have a bad habit of screwing up most things, but I have friends who can do it.
    Found the screen, but the site warned me to change resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconMachV View Post
    Your battery is probably set to "balance" which lowers performance to make battery last longer. If you want screen to be the same as when on AC you need to switch battery mode to performance. When you switch from battery to AC I am not sure why it dims.
    It is in performance mode.
    Still dims.

The Whiskey Barracuda

Quote Originally Posted by ninjalizard7 View Post
    I just want to know if I can replace my 1440x900 screen with an HD 1920x1080.
    I have a bad habit of screwing up most things, but I have friends who can do it.
    Found the screen, but the site warned me to change resolutions.
    There shouldn't be any problem. Should be able to just screw it to the base in plug in the cords. You may want to make sure the screen comes with the antennas for the bluetooth and wireless cards though, because if it doesn;t then your going to have to open the screen to put your old ones in, and in doing so run the risk of getting dust under your screen glass. I attached a pic so you can see what I mean about the antennas. Might I also suggest while you have it stripped down, you can put new thermal paste on the CPU and maybe GPUs to reduce temps by a few degrees. In my pic (taken two days ago) I have all the heatsinks removed.

Clevo X7200 | Desktop i7 980X 4.1GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M SLI | 2x 256 GB SSD | 2x 1TB Internal HDD Drive | 24GB 1333MHz | 1920x1080 B+RG LED | Killer 1103 | USB 3.0 | Win 7 Ult | Linux Mint | NuForce uDAC-2 Audio | Blu-ray Burner (Converted to External) | Vantage: 30238 | 3DMark06: 26917 | 3DMark11: 7346

Candy White Alienware M17x R2 - SOLD

The Whiskey Barracuda

Quote Originally Posted by qinen View Post
    It is in performance mode.
    Still dims.
    Click star menu, type "power options" hit enter.

Then click "Change plan settings"

Then click " Change advance power settings"

Scroll down to "Display" and click the box.

Click the box next to Auto Dim

NExt to Battery and Plugged in you should be able to scroll to "Off"

Click apply and then OK and you should be good to go.

Also check the other options, your screen brightness for each power plan may have a Dim value turned on make sure everything is turned up
    Clevo X7200 | Desktop i7 980X 4.1GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M SLI | 2x 256 GB SSD | 2x 1TB Internal HDD Drive | 24GB 1333MHz | 1920x1080 B+RG LED | Killer 1103 | USB 3.0 | Win 7 Ult | Linux Mint | NuForce uDAC-2 Audio | Blu-ray Burner (Converted to External) | Vantage: 30238 | 3DMark06: 26917 | 3DMark11: 7346

Candy White Alienware M17x R2 - SOLD

Notebook Guru

Hey guys, Calleo here again. Different problem. Apparently there's a new update for the Command Center 2.0.10.0. Every time I open command center it reminds me but I'm not able to install the update! Each time I try, it gets to the part where it says, "Repair", or "Uninstall", well obviously it's an update, so I pick Repair, but then not a few seconds later a box comes up titled: Feature Transfer Error: Error-1605: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

Am I missing anything? I just realized too as I'm typing this, could this be an update for the TactX Keyboard? Because I have he M17x so I don't HAVE the keyboard...is that the issue??
    Alienware M17x R3/ Mars Red/ Intel core i7-2820QM 2.30GHz/ 6GB Dual Channel/ AMD Radeon HD 6970M/ 230GB Solid State Drive/

Thank you DR650SE, very reassuring, and it says that it was meant to be for the m17x, so I hope it comes with the antennae.
    I have a lot of air conditioning and a laptop stand for it, thanks for the advice but I'm not worrying about heat yet.

NBR Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Calleo Dragonne View Post
    Hey guys, Calleo here again. Different problem. Apparently there's a new update for the Command Center 2.0.10.0. Every time I open command center it reminds me but I'm not able to install the update! Each time I try, it gets to the part where it says, "Repair", or "Uninstall", well obviously it's an update, so I pick Repair, but then not a few seconds later a box comes up titled: Feature Transfer Error: Error-1605: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

Am I missing anything? I just realized too as I'm typing this, could this be an update for the TactX Keyboard? Because I have he M17x so I don't HAVE the keyboard...is that the issue??
    Start over - uninstall CC from the Programs & Features Control Panel.

Download the current version here:
    *NEW* Command Center v2.5.54.0 for M11xR1/R2, M15x, M17xR1/R2 Discussion Thread

Install and reboot.

Notebook Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BatBoy View Post
    Start over - uninstall CC from the Programs & Features Control Panel.

Download the current version here:
    *NEW* Command Center v2.5.54.0 for M11xR1/R2, M15x, M17xR1/R2 Discussion Thread

Install and reboot.
    Sorry to inform, I uninstalled my command center, like you said. rebooted, and it was gone. And then I went to the site and tried to install the new command center the 2.5 one and it said the exact same thing I had said in my previous post. So whatever. I'll just stick with the original CC, besides doesn't the new one take away the Fusion part? It did to me when I had it, before I did another clean install of Windows 7 (I had Windows 7 last time and the 2.5 CC and the Fusion was gone for some reason)...and now nothing has changed, but it just won't upgrade. But fine. I'm content with what I have now so why change I guess...
    Alienware M17x R3/ Mars Red/ Intel core i7-2820QM 2.30GHz/ 6GB Dual Channel/ AMD Radeon HD 6970M/ 230GB Solid State Drive/

Notebook Guru

edit: nevermind, I'll just keep the old version, unless you can think of some reasons why this is happening?
    Last edited by Calleo Dragonne; 27th July 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast